997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Our newest Werks1 prototype....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
That is very very nicely done. Well done guys.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Bigrigger has a spectacular aura aboutBigrigger has a spectacular aura about
Just a thought... from that pic of the motor, is there enough room on top of the motor and between the intake runnenrs (if you spent the R&D+Time on fabing up a new intake manifold system) to mount a med sized twinscrew supercharger upside down like this... air chrage blowing upwards and then into the runners.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a couple of spy pictures of our newest Werks1 prototype part being test fitted in the shop. I think the pictures say it all, but I'll answer a few questions that I think might come up.

--No, it's not a direct copy of the factory part. There are several design differences. Months were spent designing the part and theoretically testing it's flow characteristics by our engineers.
--Yes, it's 100% carbon fiber, inside and out. With the exception of the flanges, which are plastic on the prototype but will be machined aluminum on the final part.
--Yes, the original part will be flow-tested very soon. It will then be installed on our project GT2.
--Yes, it will be for sale....soon.

Enjoy the eye candy...

OK ....... where are he individual throttle bodies and dual injectors?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:29 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ysfg35
very nice .. its the same size of the oem intake ??
If you mean dimension wise will it fit in your stock engine bay, yes it will. Werks 1 stuff is meant as a direct bolt on for the most part. But he did say the flow #'s will be different, therefore will require tuning most likely. No big deal though, I'm sure any tuner good shop with access to a dyno can tune your car to benefit from the better flow ratings.

Originally Posted by Bigrigger
Just a thought... from that pic of the motor, is there enough room on top of the motor and between the intake runnenrs (if you spent the R&D+Time on fabing up a new intake manifold system) to mount a med sized twinscrew supercharger upside down like this... air chrage blowing upwards and then into the runners.

Why would you put a supercharger onto a car that already has twin turbos

Old 05-25-2011, 03:31 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
BTW, that thing is a piece of art!

Old 05-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Thumbs up

Looks great guys.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
If you mean dimension wise will it fit in your stock engine bay, yes it will. Werks 1 stuff is meant as a direct bolt on for the most part. But he did say the flow #'s will be different, therefore will require tuning most likely. No big deal though, I'm sure any tuner good shop with access to a dyno can tune your car to benefit from the better flow ratings.

Why would you put a supercharger onto a car that already has twin turbos
No no, Im thinking for say a GT3 or Carrera.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:57 AM
Oh, gotcha lol I could be wrong, but I'd imagine that the Turbo/GT2 uses different manifolds due to different pressure/flow needs vs. the Normally Aspirated cars. But if they were bolt on for the NA cars, I'm sure they'd sell a ton of them, price dependent of course.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
looks interesting. I would be interested to know what is the main difference between your manifold and factory one. I have been told the 997TT is better than the one on Gt2.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:42 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
i think evoms once thinked about that

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jiaim
, that look sick

Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
OK ....... where are he individual throttle bodies and dual injectors?
haha now that would be bad-a$$!!

BTW, I just got some preliminary flow-test numbers on this part and.....WOW!!!

I'll post them up just as soon as the test facility sends me the actual data sheets.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yalmutawa

HOT STUFFFFFF
ok that pic is pretty fawked up ..gross

Old 05-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by jiaim
Thats what Im talking about, Ill PM EvoMS about it, thanks.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
OK, the results are in, and we couldn't be happier!! Below are two charts that show the flow results of our Werks1 Carbon intake manifold versus both the factory 997 Turbo and the factory GT2.

All the flow tests were conducted by Wilson Manifolds (http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com) who are fortunately local to us in Fort Lauderdale. They have the equipment to do proper testing.

The results are below. The factory GT2 ended up flowing the worst, at an average of 252.1 CFM at a test pressure of 27. The stock 997 Turbo manifold flowed an average of 265.86 CFM at a test pressure of 27. And lastly, our prototype Werks1 Carbon manifold flowed an average of 283.46 CFM at a test pressure of 27.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Our newest Werks1 prototype....