997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dectane tailights problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:20 PM
chesterTT has a spectacular aura aboutchesterTT has a spectacular aura aboutchesterTT has a spectacular aura about
So I received my Dectanes for my 997.1 Turbo, and they look great. Here is the problem, please help if you can:
The driver side looks fine, the breaklights light up like a "C":
ccccccccccccccccc
c
c
ccccccccccccccccc
However, the passender side looks like this:
ccccc
c
c
ccccc
It is not lighting up completely. I have tried it with the extra resistor attached and not attached. By the way, the driver side works fine without the additional resistor.

Is there any thing else I can do to fix the problem, or do you think I have a faulty light, and I have to return it for a replacement, which is a pain in the neck? Could it be a problem with the car, and not the Dectane? Sorry for the lack of pictures, I am not super tech savy, and am short on time.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 AM
lefos will become famous soon enoughlefos will become famous soon enough
Hello.
I have some problems with the Dectane LED tail lights on my '08 997.1 TT.

An error is constantly coming up saying: "check rear right tail light".
When the error pops up, the right tail light is not working. However, the indicators, brakes, reverse lights and the left tail light are OK.
Some months ago I had some errors occuring saying: "check brake lights". I installed the extra resistors and they went away.
But the rear right tail light error comes up almost every day. If I switch the lights off and then on, the error goes away for a while and the tail light operates normally, but after a few minutes... Error, error, error....
I checked for loose connections but they seem fine..
I am very frustrated, especially after finding out that Frank from Orange Tuning is not responding to my emails... Talking about customer service, huh?

Any ideas will be appreciated...

Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lefos
Hello.

When the error pops up, the right tail light is not working. However, the indicators, brakes, reverse lights and the left tail light are OK.
Some months ago I had some errors occuring saying: "check brake lights". I installed the extra resistors and they went away.
But the rear right tail light error comes up almost every day. If I switch the lights off and then on, the error goes away for a while and the tail light operates normally, but after a few minutes... Error, error, error....
I am very frustrated, especially after finding out that Frank from Orange Tuning is not responding to my emails... Talking about customer service, huh?

I had the same problem when I hooked one of them up to see if it was working. When I hooked up the second light it was perfect and I have had no problems with the lights since. Might want to check all the connections and use that little box on both lights.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you, but I am already using both resistors in each light and the connections seem fine...

Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Hello.

im having the same exact problem. the lights were working fine for the first month but now im getting the right tail light error. the right one goes out but if i switch the headlights off then on again, they come back on but go out after 30 seconds or so -- real annoying but i guess it's what you can expect with aftermarket. however, i dont have the resistors in and i hope when i do, it will fix the problem but i doubt it considering you have yours in and still get the error

Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by Nico
im having the same exact problem. the lights were working fine for the first month but now im getting the right tail light error. the right one goes out but if i switch the headlights off then on again, they come back on but go out after 30 seconds or so -- real annoying but i guess it's what you can expect with aftermarket. however, i dont have the resistors in and i hope when i do, it will fix the problem but i doubt it considering you have yours in and still get the error
Where did you buy them from? If it was Orange Tuning, good luck with Frank... Please let me know if you find a solution.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chesterTT
So I received my Dectanes for my 997.1 Turbo, and they look great. Here is the problem, please help if you can:
The driver side looks fine, the breaklights light up like a "C":
ccccccccccccccccc
c
c
ccccccccccccccccc
However, the passender side looks like this:
ccccc
c
c
ccccc
It is not lighting up completely. I have tried it with the extra resistor attached and not attached. By the way, the driver side works fine without the additional resistor.

Is there any thing else I can do to fix the problem, or do you think I have a faulty light, and I have to return it for a replacement, which is a pain in the neck? Could it be a problem with the car, and not the Dectane? Sorry for the lack of pictures, I am not super tech savy, and am short on time.
I believe this describes a faulty light (either bad LEDs or cut wire connection? Try comparing the two). Swap lights ( sides) to be sure it's not a problem with car harness.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Where did you buy them from? If it was Orange Tuning, good luck with Frank... Please let me know if you find a solution.
I sent mine back to dectane in Gremany and it was replaced under warranty. Had original box and invoice. Καλώς ήρθες. Βλέπω παλιός αλλά άνευ συμμετοχής!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by dianic
I sent mine back to dectane in Gremany and it was replaced under warranty. Had original box and invoice. Καλώς ήρθες. Βλέπω παλιός αλλά άνευ συμμετοχής!
This is what Dectane replied:

Hello,

sorry for these matters, but orange tuning is your responsible coopertation partner, cause you bought these items at him.

SORRY !

Thanks for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Thomas Schulz
Internationaler Vertrieb / Fachhändler-Betreuung
international sales / dealer support

Dectane GmbH

(Καλώς σας βρήκα. Διάβαζα περιστασιακά αλλα πλεον θα ασχολούμαι περισσότερο, οταν υπάρχει χρόνος! )

Old 01-17-2013, 02:07 PM
I hadn't realized you bought from the US since we had them in Europe.
Well... What can I say. See if you can get a trade in from dectane and return your defective unit for a discount? Either one or a set.

Since you are in Athens we must arrange a meet!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:26 PM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
Ι have mine from dectane directly for one year almost now without any problems!
I hope to find solution to your problems.

Χρόνια πολλά σε όλους τους έλληνες μέσα στο site!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by dianic
I hadn't realized you bought from the US since we had them in Europe.
Well... What can I say. See if you can get a trade in from dectane and return your defective unit for a discount? Either one or a set.

Since you are in Athens we must arrange a meet!
Bought them from Orange-Tuning.de. It's a German company.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
I've been having similar problems with my Dectane lights.

I just received an email from Dectane customer support, they are unwilling to help at this time as I did not buy from them directly.

I have contacted my vendor, Simon at speedstersource.com, who is currently out of stock but seems willing to help.

I would not recommend Dectane lights to anyone until the matter is resolved.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM
And they are not supporting you?? I thought it was US vendors that had issues. That is a disappointment I admit.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
If you bought from Orange why did you think that Dectane would remedy for you - Dectane is a distributor just like Orange. Depo is the manufacturer and they are in Taiwan. Orange should step up and replace for you. Keep at them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dectane tailights problem