997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 tubi exhaust dissapointment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
alexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the rough
997.2 tubi exhaust dissapointment

So I just got my tubi exhaust with race cats installed today in my 2010 pdk 997.2 , now on neutral when your punching it, it sounds fkin amazin.

now before I bash it, id like to say I most def feel a power increase, and I will say they are honest they said no extra drone , well it's just a smooth as stock.

Here comes the problems when I do pulls or just kick it on the road it sounds like a loud fart, im serious I just am so pissed , It looks to me like they tested the sound when the car isnt moving instead of while driving.

From inside the car especially with the top down(cabriolet) it sounds horrible like someone just throwing up everywhere or farting, atleast before theyre was no exhaust but rather a vaccumm sound which I must admit sounded more dangerous, now it sounds like a fking lawn mower with turbos.

Is there anything I can do?

I remember when I put an eiseinmann exhaust on my e55 it was not a refined sound it was missing that v8 rumble, once I installed the X pipe it had opened it up and made it sound great, any suggestions? to sort of open up the sound, because now it just sounds horrible and I miss my stock exhaust, I do enjoy the xtra power...

Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
200 cell cats

Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
alexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
200 cell cats
what do you mean? that's what is causing the sound? the cats...

because I have the cats...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Can you post a vid of your setup?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
solution- Return the Tubi, order a Europipe. You won't be disappointed.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Rambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of light
Agree. I have the Tubi Street. I love it, it's just the right tone for me, not too loud, not too quiet, EXCEPT for that loud "fart" sound when you punch it while driving. I'm sometimes a bit embarassed when I'm driving near other cars...

The Europipe does seem to sound very good on web clips, although I've never heard one in person.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Red face any check engine light

I have full Tubi competition exhaust & yes the sound is amazing. I've never really noticed that sound you refer to. When the car didn't sound right one time, I had a close look at it, & sure enough there was an exhaust gasket leak. I didn't bother with it for a while & then check engine light came on (exhaust sensor), dealer replaced gasket & fault light was gone along with unusual sound.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
alexo,

Sorry that you're not happy with the exhaust. Honestly, we very rarely get complaints about the sound, especially from the Street version of the exhaust. Where did you purchase and have it installed? Have they checked the system for leaks? That could sometimes cause odd sounds...but honestly, I'm not sure about a "fart" sound...this is the first I've heard of that.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:30 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
You mentioned you had the race cats, as in race version, which is catless.
I had the original two can Tubi on my 997.1tt, also the EP. The tubi.1 actually sounded better.
I never had that sound, keep in mind it was one piece, no joints, so no leaks.
You must have a leak.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:47 PM
c4srojo will become famous soon enough
EP... Just animalistic under throttle but like a baby snore when cruising

Old 03-30-2012, 07:32 PM
I will go get it checked out for leaks, because if it isn't supposed to sound like a massive fart when I punch it then yes something must be wrong. I understand it will never sound like a v8 but this is embarrassing. Stock sounded more aggresive.

I installed it with CEC which I doubt have any lack of technical expertise, the whole crew there is very stand up.

Europipe... I mean I just bought the exhaust id feel stupid shelling out more $ plus whos gonna buy the TUBI after I just bashed the **** out of it.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alexo
I will go get it checked out for leaks, because if it isn't supposed to sound like a massive fart when I punch it then yes something must be wrong. I understand it will never sound like a v8 but this is embarrassing. Stock sounded more aggresive.

I installed it with CEC which I doubt have any lack of technical expertise, the whole crew there is very stand up.

Europipe... I mean I just bought the exhaust id feel stupid shelling out more $ plus whos gonna buy the TUBI after I just bashed the **** out of it.
Bite the bullet, pay the $ and get the EP. You won't look back. If it makes you feel any better you're not alone in making the tubi mistake. I doubt anyone would ever take a tubi back for credit even if it's as new. Ask me how i know.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
I would also add new Protomotive catless X-Pipe exhaust system to the list. Aggressive sound and great performance. With Proto tune 6speed 997.2 turbo gain 80whp/90wtq. Also he found no extra gain with 3" X-Pipe ( on stock turbos ) over 2.5" X-pipe which will do the job.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Wouldnt a catless drone give cel code + be drony like hell?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by alexo
Wouldnt a catless drone give cel code + be drony like hell?
Yes u will get engine code if u don't have tune. Nope it won't be drony
Here it is on tip 997 turbo also the gain is excellent vs other exhaust.

Flyby

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 tubi exhaust dissapointment