997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PDK owners stand still throttle blip???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
PDK owners stand still throttle blip???

Not sure if this is a pdk issue or turbo S issue but I have a 12 turbo S and this has been going on for the last 3k miles and my car almost has 5k miles on it now.

At a light in D automatic mode with none of the fun/fast buttons de-pressed. The car is at idle with something like 3-4 lines so just under the 1k rpm on tach. All of a sudden I feel a vibration from the motor area almost as though it has turned off then on in a matter of a second. The tach feels like it blips up above the 1k rpm's so maybe 1500 ish rpms and then goes back to normal.

This occurance can happen 2-4 times depending on how long the light lasts and how long I am just standing there in D auto mode with my foot on the brake to keep car from moving.

Anyone else ever had this?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I'd say you most likely have an intake leak. Erratic idle and the computer struggling to keep the car running has always turned out be a leak in my car. Once the leaks were figured it idles like a champ.

I went back to the stock y-pipe with stock fasteners and the hoses don't pop off anymore. At my power levels the stock Y-pipe didn't lose any power on the dyno.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Ari, recently it has now gone away so it can be present and then not happen. It did not happen last time the dealer had it for an early oil change.

Anyone else, own a pdk car or turbo s and found this to happen?

Old 04-10-2012, 07:55 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
Haven't experienced this, but I only have about 1k miles.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:16 AM
OneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the rough
Its normal. What your feeling is the clutch engaging and disengaging. You can make it happen by lightly letting up on the brake when your stopped and then come to a complete stop again. You will see the revs bounce up a little *4-500RPMs. If your seeing a spike of over 1K RPM then you should go to the dealer but if it's just enough to be noticable it sounds normal and it's part of the PDK transmission. Just my .02 cents. I doubt that you have a leak. You would definitely be throwing a code.

On my GT-R the dealer is able to adjust clutch touch points which changes how fast or slow you want the clutch to engage. If you call the dealer you can ask if there are "touch points" on the Turbo S. Not sure how it works for Porsche.