997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

OT: Volvo S60 R-Design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:25 PM
spooling is on a distinguished road
OT: Volvo S60 R-Design

What do you all think about the new Volvo S60 R-design for a daily driver sports sedan? I test drove on yesterday and thought it had a nice amount of power and it felt very solid. The price is about 10k less then the simmilar s4 and the thing that really attracted me is that I would have to pay nothing to service the car for 5 years. Brakes, rotors, wiper blades and scheduled maintenance is all taken care of for 5 years 50k miles! Also Volvo has this awesome program where they fly you and one other person our to Sweden and pay for round trip tickets to pick up your car at the factory! They throw in insurance and euro registration as well as some hotel nights. They take 5 percent off the cost of the car if you pick it up there and shipping back to the states is included. Sounded pretty awesome to me. I just really did not like how the transmission seemed to hunt for the highest gear and wouldnt really stay in a good power band. So what do you all think.........

Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
and this belongs in the 997tt section?....

Old 04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
spooling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
and this belongs in the 997tt section?....
could not decide where to post this? I usually post in the 997tt section so i placed it there. Where should have it been done?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
As there is no Scandinavian sports car section, I think this is as good a place as any.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:45 PM
E90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by spooling
What do you all think about the new Volvo S60 R-design for a daily driver sports sedan? I test drove on yesterday and thought it had a nice amount of power and it felt very solid. The price is about 10k less then the simmilar s4 and the thing that really attracted me is that I would have to pay nothing to service the car for 5 years. Brakes, rotors, wiper blades and scheduled maintenance is all taken care of for 5 years 50k miles! Also Volvo has this awesome program where they fly you and one other person our to Sweden and pay for round trip tickets to pick up your car at the factory! They throw in insurance and euro registration as well as some hotel nights. They take 5 percent off the cost of the car if you pick it up there and shipping back to the states is included. Sounded pretty awesome to me. I just really did not like how the transmission seemed to hunt for the highest gear and wouldnt really stay in a good power band. So what do you all think.........
Test drove one today while looking for a daily driver. I actually liked it quite a bit - especially for the price point and safety advantages. Did you ever get one? If so, what are your thoughts?