997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

BBI 800hp Porsche 996 Turbo vs 900hp Nissan GT-R

Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
BBI 800hp Porsche 996 Turbo vs 900hp Nissan GT-R

Not bad from ( GTR ) best rolling speed..With better shifting he could beat the GTR IMO!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Close race! Is that the same bbi car that took 2nd at the airstrip event? Any other race vids from the event this past weekend?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
The turbo is actually catching up in both videos. Not a bad performance given the fact that the GTR has a PDK type shifter. Both cars are fast as hell. Props to the GTR it won.

His fixed wing looks pretty cool anyone got pics? Or is it just the 2nd wing removed (and possibly the holes filled in).

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 06-11-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
The transmission in the GTR gave it the edge. That 996 is a beast.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Shift-s3ctor Jason and Ryan once again put together an exciting event! Props to both cars they ran real strong even at the high elevation of 2300-ft! I agree that tranny is quick... It gains a half-car each shift.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sid350
Shift-s3ctor Jason and Ryan once again put together an exciting event! Props to both cars they ran real strong even at the high elevation of 2300-ft! I agree that tranny is quick... It gains a half-car each shift.
thanks sid, it was a great time and good seeing you as always. you need to get your 996 on the same level as tito's!

i'm the driver of the GT-R and i think that this 996 has a better top-end. however, i am very proud with how my car performed (tuning was completed few days before), especially with a passenger and full weight. my 997tt feels like a carrera s in comparison to the gt-r (power-wise of course)
the tranmission defnitely makes the gtr what it is; huge advantage

yumaverick, this is the same 996tt that took 2nd place in the airstrip event.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Nico
thanks sid, it was a great time and good seeing you as always. you need to get your 996 on the same level as tito's!

i'm the driver of the GT-R and i think that this 996 has a better top-end. however, i am very proud with how my car performed (tuning was completed few days before), especially with a passenger and full weight. my 997tt feels like a carrera s in comparison to the gt-r (power-wise of course)
the tranmission defnitely makes the gtr what it is; huge advantage

yumaverick, this is the same 996tt that took 2nd place in the airstrip event.
Is that same setup?

http://aamcompetition.com/i-6227201-...r-upgrade.html

Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Oh ok, I was thinking it was, theirs not too many silver 996tt that fast running around cali

My buddy Sam(VegasGTR) has a very similar set up as you Nico he runs his off of E85 I'm gonna try and talk him into coming out to the next airstrip event. I believe he is making 943WHP with his car. It's def the fastest car I've ever been in

Congrats on the good finish though, car looked strong!

Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
yup, these are the same turbos i have on my car.
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Oh ok, I was thinking it was, theirs not too many silver 996tt that fast running around cali

My buddy Sam(VegasGTR) has a very similar set up as you Nico he runs his off of E85 I'm gonna try and talk him into coming out to the next airstrip event. I believe he is making 943WHP with his car. It's def the fastest car I've ever been in

Congrats on the good finish though, car looked strong!
yes i know sam! he's a great guy. we exchange text messages now and then. in fact he texted me after he saw the video.
i'm trying to find a vbox so i can get my 60-130 time. we've both been eager to find out what it is. i think our cars are very similar, and with a set-up so identical, it all comes down to the tuning. his car is a rocket no doubt. to pull off the times he does in that vegas altitude is ridiculous

Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by L8Apex
The transmission in the GTR gave it the edge.
The fact that it weighs 4100-4200 lbs with driver and passenger surely negated that edge.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-12-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Betim@BBIAutosport
It was a blast. I was driving the 911 in the video during the outside shots. The GTR is a freak of nature for sure. We all had a blast out there. We were squeezing 29lbs and C16 on the 996TT. We got beat as fair as you can get beat. Thank you to Nico for running that beast and thank you to Tito for letting me be the wheel man for a few passes. Also a big thank you to Jason and Ryan from Shift S3ctor for hosting such an awesome day!

Kindest Regards
Did u jumped earlier? or u pulled him?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Betim@BBIAutosport
It was a blast. I was driving the 911 in the video during the outside shots. The GTR is a freak of nature for sure. We all had a blast out there. We were squeezing 29lbs and C16 on the 996TT. We got beat as fair as you can get beat. Thank you to Nico for running that beast and thank you to Tito for letting me be the wheel man for a few passes. Also a big thank you to Jason and Ryan from Shift S3ctor for hosting such an awesome day!

Kindest Regards
Betim, it was good seeing you again. i don't think anyone could have driven that 996 better than you. thanks for hanging out and also driving tito's car.

just want to confirm that betim did not jump on these runs shown. there was one where he did and he beat the gtr (i also was not driving the GTR on the two fly-by videos.... good friend of mine was). i pushed record too late and missed that run.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
is there a detailed mod list on that 996tt?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:29 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nico
It's fine I'd rather enjoy my popcorn and soda and the scenery...Shift-S3ctor gals weren't too bad either. This is one of them...Marissa Hiroko

Last edited by sid350; 06-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 AM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Thumbs up

Both cars look pretty evenly matched, good races.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BBI 800hp Porsche 996 Turbo vs 900hp Nissan GT-R