997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Cosmetic upgrades for "black cat"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Cosmetic upgrades for "black cat"

Thanks to Skeeter I was able to get his Cargraphic carbon fibre rear spoiler for a great price. It looks greeeeeeaaaat!:

Here it is from the rear in the "down" position. Even in the "up" position it doesn't obscure rear vision and it adds that slightly aggressive look without being waaay over the top (cough cough Bonehead's car, lol):

The Dectane's rock!

Last edited by The Bogg; 06-29-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
The GT2 side sills are quite subtle, and possibly hard to see in the pictures but make no mistake about it they look fabulous in person imho:

I had never been crazy about the gold hood emblem and when I saw the silver one on another car I knew I had to have it!

I don't think my picture does it justice but TRUST ME the silver one looks amazing, especially on a black car. Thanks RSS!

I have the Vivid DRLs ready to go on, and the GMG springs and sways. More pics to follow...

Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
lol, with the light reflection it looks like the gold emblem is still on the car, but it's not!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
M5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura aboutM5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura about
well done, love it.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by M5 Wheelman
well done, love it.
Thanks.

I like the ride the way it is but there's no doubt that lowering springs improve the overall "look". Hopefully the GMG springs and sways won't be too punishing. The only time I find the stock suspension less than optimal is on the back straight at Mosport at high speed where it gets "floaty".

I'm looking forward to getting the Vivid DRLs on b/c they look great. They are sitting in the box, I've been busy with the latest cosmetic upgrade to my family:

I suspect that one day the upgrades to the car will feel like pocket change.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:15 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new additions!! Looking great all-around. Will you be trading your 911 for a Cayenne?

Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
the bogg :

congrats , she /he is a girl or boy ?????

Old 07-01-2012, 10:49 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Thanks.

I like the ride the way it is but there's no doubt that lowering springs improve the overall "look". Hopefully the GMG springs and sways won't be too punishing. The only time I find the stock suspension less than optimal is on the back straight at Mosport at high speed where it gets "floaty".

I'm looking forward to getting the Vivid DRLs on b/c they look great. They are sitting in the box, I've been busy with the latest cosmetic upgrade to my family:

Congrats Asher! And glad Ryan was finally able to get that wing to you. Looks great!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Dave, no cayenne - the Honda Odyssey takes care of the harem.

Youssef, she's another girl! Looks like my Y chromosomes are missing in action.

Thanks Ed. Lucky for me Ryan had found a GT2 decklid, although I'm not sure what happened with it b/c he ended up trading in the car for a GTR.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Thanks.

+997 Congrats on the new addition ~ adorable

Old 07-02-2012, 01:57 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
congrats bro she is cute

Old 07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
nice one!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM
+997, lol I love it.

Well, I almost had the Vivid DRLs on the car but some technical issues have stopped me from completing the job. A new passenger side DRL is on the way. FWIW, they do look awesome (based on the drivers side one working perfectly) although I'm not sure my wife is pleased with me for spending MANY hours this beautiful weekend working on the car.

GMG springs and sways were to go on this week but since I have the front bumper off I will likely reschedule till next week.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Very cute upgrade (referring to the baby)

+997 is awesome !!

Old 07-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Got the DRLs on and I'd have to say they were worth the aggravation of installation. I could probably take the bumper off in 1/10th the time it took me to do it before but I hope I don't have to again! Pics aren't the best but they look great in person:

And here are some pics after the GMG springs and sways were put on:

The car has 7mm spacers up front and 15mm spacers in the back. I believe it's -1 camber up front and -2 in the rear.

I think I'm pretty well finished with cosmetic upgrades for the car. I still have the dream of deep dish wheels (on the rears) and if my stocks take off I'll get HRE 870s!! otherwise I'll just enjoy it as is...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cosmetic upgrades for "black cat"