997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

So disappoint with Sonnen Porsche OEM parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
So disappoint with Sonnen Porsche OEM parts

Just want to share my bad experance here with Sonnen Porsche Parts.

I ordered some parts for my 997.1tt from Sonnen Porsche OEM parts yesterday. And today i received an email form that saying "HI *** WE NEED TO ORDER YOUR PART ETA IS 2 DAYS TO US THEN WE CAN SHIP TO YOU ALSO WE ARE NOT SEND YOU THE FRT LOWER SPOILER BECAUSE IT COMES IN A BIG BOX AND IT WILL COST YOU TOO MUCH TO SHIP THAT, BUT THE OTHER IT SHIPPING MIGHT BE MORE TOO BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT, I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THE PARTS COMES IN. THE PCM3.0 WONT WORK ON YOUR CAR, SORRY THANKS "

So basically they don't want to ship my orders because the shipping cost is more than they charged me yesterday. Such a time wasting to shop there. I emailed them back and cancelled my orders. I am going to stick with Sun coast. They have great customer service there.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
dr_ashk is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

thanx for information
hope others learn the lesson about this site

Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by superman32

I ordered some parts for my 997.1tt from Sonnen Porsche OEM parts yesterday. And today i received an email form that saying "HI *** WE NEED TO ORDER YOUR PART ETA IS 2 DAYS TO US THEN WE CAN SHIP TO YOU ALSO WE ARE NOT SEND YOU THE FRT LOWER SPOILER BECAUSE IT COMES IN A BIG BOX AND IT WILL COST YOU TOO MUCH TO SHIP THAT, BUT THE OTHER IT SHIPPING MIGHT BE MORE TOO BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT, I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THE PARTS COMES IN. THE PCM3.0 WONT WORK ON YOUR CAR, SORRY THANKS "

So basically they don't want to ship my orders because the shipping cost is more than they charged me yesterday. Such a time wasting to shop there. I emailed them back and cancelled my orders. I am going to stick with Sun coast. They have great customer service there.
Since you are on the west coast, you can try Sunset Imports in Portland. They are very good with phone in parts order.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Thats pretty sad....

Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
+1 for Sunset. I deal with Andreya. No sales tax. Oregon.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by seapar
+1 for Sunset. I deal with Andreya. No sales tax. Oregon.
x3

Sunset beats everyone else out on service and price from my experience.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Since you are on the west coast, you can try Sunset Imports in Portland. They are very good with phone in parts order.
Thanks mate.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Suncoast is great & i've ordered plenty of things from them,but recently had an OEM parts order that was over a $1000.00 so i also checked with ECS Tuning also a sponsor here & they where $300.00 cheaper & everything arrived as scheduled.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I've ordered from Suncoast, Sunset, and Sonnen.

I've spent >>$10K with Suncoast over the years, >>$5K with Sunset.

Sonnen had the best price for 380mm Cayenne Turbo rotors. They also had the best shipping price. I ordered. I was emailed updates. I received the rotors in 4 days.

No problems.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys. Just placed order with Sunset. Got better deal and way better customer service.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:47 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

I ordered a few items today from Sonnen. I noticed when you check out, you must click a tag box saying you understand their shipping policy:

"We make every effort to ship the same day on all orders if the parts are available. If additional time is needed to acquire a part we will email you for your approval. Ground shipments usually are received between 3-7 business days after the order is shipped. Shipping time varies depending on the distance from our parts store. This is an estimated shipping charge. Some items may be oversized and/or hazardous and may cost more to ship or we may not be able to ship. We will call or email you for approval before processing the order. URGENT NOTE RE: PAYING WITH PAYPAL. Since pricing on shipping can vary based on location, size and weight. If shipping is going to be higher then what was quoted, we will be send you notification of the difference and seek approval before completing your order. If you would like to know before you complete your order, how much shipping will cost please call or email us to avoid any delay or confusion."

Last edited by bbywu; 04-06-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
I ordered a few items today from Sonnen. I noticed when you check out, you must click a tag box saying you understand their shipping policy:

"We make every effort to ship the same day on all orders if the parts are available. If additional time is needed to acquire a part we will email you for your approval. Ground shipments usually are received between 3-7 business days after the order is shipped. Shipping time varies depending on the distance from our parts store. This is an estimated shipping charge. Some items may be oversized and/or hazardous and may cost more to ship or we may not be able to ship. We will call or email you for approval before processing the order. URGENT NOTE RE: PAYING WITH PAYPAL. Since pricing on shipping can vary based on location, size and weight. If shipping is going to be higher then what was quoted, we will be send you notification of the difference and seek approval before completing your order. If you would like to know before you complete your order, how much shipping will cost please call or email us to avoid any delay or confusion."
I understand that part. But in my case you can see from the email, they didn't even ask me to pay extra shipping for the spoiler. They said they are not sending me the part because the extra shipping. They kind of made decision for me.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor
SONNENPORSCHE will become famous soon enoughSONNENPORSCHE will become famous soon enough

My name is Neil, and I run the parts site, the employee that Emailed you that is no longer working here. I am sorry about the wording that he used. We here normally just place the order on hold and send a email letting the customer know about how much they are looking at for shipping and finish with let me now if you still want this order before we charge your card.

I am very sorry for your bad experience. I hope you will give us a 2nd chance, cause I know customer service and price bet "Sun Coast" everyday.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:43 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SONNENPORSCHE
My name is Neil, and I run the parts site, the employee that Emailed you that is no longer working here. I am sorry about the wording that he used. We here normally just place the order on hold and send a email letting the customer know about how much they are looking at for shipping and finish with let me now if you still want this order before we charge your card.

I am very sorry for your bad experience. I hope you will give us a 2nd chance, cause I know customer service and price bet "Sun Coast" everyday.
Do you have a link to the parts order site? do you ship to Canada? thanks

Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor
SONNENPORSCHE will become famous soon enoughSONNENPORSCHE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Do you have a link to the parts order site? do you ship to Canada? thanks

www.sonnenporscheoemparts.com

we do ship to Canada, but only ship via FedEx.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.