997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

which approach to hardwire V1?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
http://www.valentine1.com/savvy/

OBD connector for V1 that includes speed sensitive mute setting (i.e. mute below speed setting).

Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM
scottmlew is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all of the great input, guys! I think I'm going to go with the fuse method. I'll post back how it turns out.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Cool.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
buy the setup from g rides, its an easy plug and play re the fuse setup

Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by handdoc
buy the setup from g rides, its an easy plug and play re the fuse setup
I considered that, but would prefer to mount the unit higher, so I have no use for the bracket.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Vital Signs is on a distinguished road
How did it turn out? I wish I could install here in Ontario but it's frowned upon by the boys in blue.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice
Originally Posted by scottmlew
If I tap a fuse, is there a way to get the wire out of the fuse box without modifying the fuse box cover? From other posts, it seems that this is NOT possible.
I tapped it into the back of the fuse box. I took the entire kick panel and fuse box out, so when you open the fuse box nothing looks funny. I just found switched power on the back there, tapped into it, and ran the wires right along the rest of the wires in the harness.

X...

Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Check out my old thread, revived above.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Mamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by scottmlew
I considered that, but would prefer to mount the unit higher, so I have no use for the bracket.
You can buy the plug and play without the bracket.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi all, I don't want you all to think I don't appreciate the responses. Unexpcted travel has had me away, but I intend to do the install, via fuse box, over the Memorial Day weekend. And I'm desprately looking forward to driving the car after being subjected to rental car POSs

Old 05-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Well, the good news is that I did part of the install, via the fuse box using an add a fuse, and am happy with the electronic part of things. Bad news is that I broke my windshield (don't ask...) while removing the A pillar trim so I won't finish the install until the windshield is replaced.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
this is what i just ordered. made the most sense.
i also have a k40 front and rear kit that came with the car. im gonna try out the v1. if i like it i'll keep them both.

https://store.valentine1.com/store/closeup_20220.asp

Old 06-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Finally got my windshield fixed and completed the installation. It looks very clean and I'm very happy with the add a fuse approach. The only evidence of the installation is about 3 inches of cord coming out of the headliner near the mirror and hooking into the unit, which is just to the left of the mirror. Thanks everyone for the great posts!

Old 01-17-2015, 04:37 PM
R1STCARRERA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AZTurbo
I used an accessory fuse kit off the fuse panel. No cutting into the wiring and only cost me $4.
AZTurbo. Do you (or Anyone else,) recall which fuse location you chose (fx->A,b,c...etc) to plug into? I am having no luck in finding one that is powered (on/off) by the ignition. All seem to be "always on" -> Which results in me forgetting to turn my valentine off manually...frequently. My car is '12' TTS

Searched the forum and not finding the on answer on this.

Thanks in advance to you or anyone else who has some experienced direction this.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:21 PM
k-lo will become famous soon enough
I just tapped mine to the mirror's dimming wire. No snaking of wire around trims, I didn't need to open a whole lot of panels just the overhead console. 15 min job tops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which approach to hardwire V1?