997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Got a ride in a Mclaren!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Got a ride in a Mclaren!

I was at an annual charity lapping event at Mosport and there were some new cars there (pretty much the same guys every year) including an Audi R8 V10 (sounds like a beast!), a 60th Anniversary Corvette 427 (ditto!), and a bright orange McLaren car. I believe this is what Bob (bbywu) has now. I was lucky enough to get a drive in it (as the passenger) for a lap and was impressed. It handles superbly, feels stable at high speed and has incredible acceleration. Out of turn 3 at mosport I felt a rush of acceleration that I think exceeded anything I've previously experienced. However, he wasn't able to pass me on the long straightaway (although I think he was slowly getting closer). My car has modded vtgs etc and I estimate it as having somewhere between 650-675hp. The McLaren has a dual-clutch tranny with imperceptible shifts. My manual shifts were quite perceptible, lol. I think that car traps 134mph in the 1/4 so it should be faster than mine. I'm guessing mine would trap around 128mph or so but I don't really know.

Anyway, it's a remarkably civilized car with comfort, style and power. Quite the track monster, I understand why Bob got one. I'll post a video once the guy sends me it, I recall that the McLaren owner had a gopro on his car.

I posted a video from that event in another thread, and it demonstrates how my car compares to a Z06.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
That car is ridiculous.... I "race" a Mclaren in the highway and I felt like I was driving a Fiat 500....

Old 10-14-2013, 09:00 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
lol.

Yeah it is really quick.

It was actually the third most awesome experience that day. Second best was a ride I got in a racing instructor's 993 track car with full cage, NO insulation, Tarett shifter and other performance goodies. Holy crap was that thing LOUD on the inside. The racket it made was literally deafening with no filter at all but WOW what an experience flying around Mosport in that thing. The driver was just beating on that car like I've never seen before. Full out as fast as we could go and then at the last minute just jumped on the brakes. It was exhilarating. But it was topped by one thing....I let him drive my car with me in the passenger seat. Holy mother of god I had no idea what my car was capable of!!!! He was giggling like a school girl as he launched it out of corners faster than I had imagined possible, ripping around the turns with the engine shrieking and just driving it to the max. I could not believe what this car is capable of in the right hands. I'll bet my car thinks I'm a wussy after the flogging it got from the other driver. I'm still giddy from the experience.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
My 12C is the fastest car out of the box I have ever driven. That being said, based on the mods I last read in your posts, you must be trapping in the 130s, especially if you use super juice.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't think there are too many cars out of the box that would be faster than your 12c!
I use pump gas (94 octane Sunoco) and 60-130 of 7.2. The McLaren is definitely faster with a 6.6 iirc, but I gave him a run for the money at least. I blew past him last year when he was driving his dad's R8 4.2 so he definitely avoided a repeat of that with his new toy.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Bogg.... U get track day insurance or does your policy cover track days?

Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I don't think there are too many cars out of the box that would be faster than your 12c!
I use pump gas (94 octane Sunoco) and 60-130 of 7.2. The McLaren is definitely faster with a 6.6 iirc, but I gave him a run for the money at least. I blew past him last year when he was driving his dad's R8 4.2 so he definitely avoided a repeat of that with his new toy.
Todd K did your tuning right? Try super juice, and I think your friend is in for a surprise.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
My McLaren gets faster an tighter with more mileage. Making my 997 TT feels so slow and clumpsy.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by faiz
Bogg.... U get track day insurance or does your policy cover track days?
It is a "lapping" day and not a race day technically so I didn't get special insurance.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Todd K did your tuning right? Try super juice, and I think your friend is in for a surprise.
Yes it's Proto. I may just do that, but I should probably focus on getting around the corners faster rather than trying to go any faster on the back stretch. It hits 240-245km/hr (150mph+) already and I must say I'm white knuckling it at that point.