997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder's NoFlyZone 3-29-14 Airstrip Races

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 05:25 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Longboarder's NoFlyZone 3-29-14 Airstrip Races

So after installing the Champion intercoolers, BBi 200 cel catted exhaust and the GIAC 9-second file, I had a chance to see how the car performed in some pretty grueling conditions. Temps were in the 70's by the time I started racing and in the 80's with headwinds most of the day and I was hotlapping the car.

Even doing this, I was able to get 6.9 second 60-130's not just once but 6 times. When I had passengers I was in the 7.0-7.2 range. This compares to 7.7-8.4 that I was doing at the last NoFlyZone event in November when temps were in the 50s! So the car is much, much faster. In addition, I tried doing some 60-130s late last night at home (sea level) after the event was over since the vBox was hooked up...but guess what? I was just blowing off the tires in 2nd gear. The Michelin PSS are now worthless and I need to get some R888s before I even try another run...and believe this thing has high 5's on a flat slope.

Anyway on to the races:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfR...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-30-2014, 05:51 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Wow awesome runs. Great job on the video too. Congrats

Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
She looks strong! Really impressive 60-130's

Old 03-30-2014, 06:11 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Wow, now that's fast! Nice video as usual, thanks for compilingl I guess the big Merc was a glutton for punishment...

Old 03-30-2014, 06:19 PM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Well done!! As usual, excellent performance. Nice video work as well. Thanks for posting.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:31 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Excellent video. Thanks again. That 68mm car did well for an estimated 40 whp advantage. What it a manual or tip? I didn't really see any interruption of power like a manual usually shows.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:37 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Wow awesome runs. Great job on the video too. Congrats

Thanks Chris!!

Originally Posted by yumaverick
She looks strong! Really impressive 60-130's

Haha in good conditions it would be a terrible 60-130 but given the conditions I would say a 1.0 improvement is possible. The blue M5 (Burger Motorsports) improved by over 1 second by running sea level at negative slope.

Originally Posted by akunob
Wow, now that's fast! Nice video as usual, thanks for compilingl I guess the big Merc was a glutton for punishment...

Haha it's my good buddy Eric's car. Just a Renntech tune and downpipes. He put 2 cars on the white 2014 e63 with FBO and upgraded turbos so its freakishly fast. Last time at Shift Sector he put 2 cars on an Aventador!

Originally Posted by ronole
Well done!! As usual, excellent performance. Nice video work as well. Thanks for posting.

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by A418t81
Excellent video. Thanks again. That 68mm car did well for an estimated 40 whp advantage. What it a manual or tip? I didn't really see any interruption of power like a manual usually shows.

Yeah it's a tip. It's been built too. Owner (KenRomero) in on the board and can comment. He definitely pulled hard top end but I was proud to keep it close up to 140mph even though it looks like he got the slight advantage on the hit.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Pendl303 has a spectacular aura aboutPendl303 has a spectacular aura about
Great runs, you seemed to take almost every race.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Adam, what a GREAT video again!!!!
Notice my race was #4, and for all out there, look at Adam's Willow video and compare how much quicker he is now!!!!!!!!!!!
Great improvement, i'm going to have to do something else to keep ahead. Lightening???
Thanks again for your superb editing Adam.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:12 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Nice runs and vids as always! I enjoyed it a lot.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:23 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Awesome videos. You can really see how much faster your car is now the way you pull away from the blue M5. That car is also very fast - you left the white M5 (presumably closer to stock) for dead. That Supra must have one big honkin turbo...when it kicked in it looked like it might fly away.

But I'm most impressed by your car, I didn't think they'd be able to make a pdk car so quick. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 03-30-2014, 07:40 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Great video, I thought M5 is a fast car. Your car made most of other cars so slow. Now you need some better tires.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:54 AM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
Nice kills man. Way to represent.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:18 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Those poor BMW's.....lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Longboarder's NoFlyZone 3-29-14 Airstrip Races