6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Front Differential fluid capacity and drain bolts torque # (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/338894-front-differential-fluid-capacity-drain-bolts-torque.html)

Abby997TT 06-08-2014 11:58 AM

Front Differential fluid capacity and drain bolts torque #

Hey guys,
I am in the process of changing the fluid in the transmission and the front differential. I have done the transmission before, but never the front diff.

anyway, i have drained the fluid on the front diff via 2 drain plugs and opened the filler hole; however, I can't find any information on how much to put back in :o

Can anyone with a workshop manual please help me out?

Thanks a lot! Car is a 07 turbo.

The Bogg 06-12-2014 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Abby997TT (Post 4130309)
Hey guys,
I am in the process of changing the fluid in the transmission and the front differential. I have done the transmission before, but never the front diff.

anyway, i have drained the fluid on the front diff via 2 drain plugs and opened the filler hole; however, I can't find any information on how much to put back in :o

Can anyone with a workshop manual please help me out?

Thanks a lot! Car is a 07 turbo.

I just came across my old invoice and it's about 2L in the front diff and 4L in the transmission. I don't have the torque specs for the bolts.

AudiOn19s 06-12-2014 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Bogg (Post 4133507)
I just came across my old invoice and it's about 2L in the front diff and 4L in the transmission. I don't have the torque specs for the bolts.

There are 2 fill plugs and 2 drain plugs. I pulled both and filled from both though I've read you can fill from the front one only.

I filled at the rear fill hole first. You fill until the fluid just starts to spil out of the fill hole and then close it up. Then move to the front fill hole and do the same.

It's a little over 2L so get 3 just to be safe.

Abby997TT 06-14-2014 12:00 AM

Thanks guys! strange i only found one fill on the front diff, I will have to go under the car and check again. Haven't put fluid back in yet, will report back next week.

Thered300zx 02-24-2015 11:31 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread.. I am getting ready to tackle this job as well and was curious if the all-wheel-drive controller and front diff share the same fluid like the transmission and rear diff do?

Emre@Esmotor 02-24-2015 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Thered300zx (Post 4297423)
Sorry to revive an old thread.. I am getting ready to tackle this job as well and was curious if the all-wheel-drive controller and front diff share the same fluid like the transmission and rear diff do?

There are two different oils.

Front diff = part number is 276 043 204 20 (you need around 1,5liter)

Center diff (all wheel drive controller) = part number is 000 043 303 00 (you need 1liter)

Cheers,
Emre