997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
An order mix-up resulted in this beautiful 997.1TT 2.5 competition RACE X-Pipe being fabricated in error. It features Hi-Temp ceramic coating, Sport Tips (full 3" dual tips) and cat bypass pipes. It is brand new and needs a good home - contact me for very special pricing if interested in this one...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 11-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Hey John, try to screw up a 997,2 order please.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
:-) Not likely, extremely rare, but our annual Black Friday Sale is coming up real soon. Best prices of the year. Message me if you want to get in early. As a repeat customer, I will treat you right!

Old 01-13-2019, 09:26 AM
ASU997.2 TT is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
My son just quickly put this together of different clips of my Speedtech from last year. There is some inside, outside drive offs, idle and high rev clips.

worktoyoudie - YouTube

I will get some clips with someone following me on the streets this spring.
I know you did your mods some time ago however I see you're in Brampton. I'm in Streetsville. Who did the work on your car and do you recommend them? I am looking to order the Speedtech catless but I will be adding 2 resonators to calm it down a bit. Did you consider that? I am concerned that it might be a bit too loud without as I have been running my M3 with race pipes catless from Dinan and without them I wouldn't be able to drive it in town. However it is a V8 etc.

Anyway I would appreciate your input.

Old 01-15-2019, 05:19 AM
DOOBEE will become famous soon enoughDOOBEE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ASU997.2 TT
I know you did your mods some time ago however I see you're in Brampton. I'm in Streetsville. Who did the work on your car and do you recommend them? I am looking to order the Speedtech catless but I will be adding 2 resonators to calm it down a bit. Did you consider that? I am concerned that it might be a bit too loud without as I have been running my M3 with race pipes catless from Dinan and without them I wouldn't be able to drive it in town. However it is a V8 etc.

Not sure who the op used, but KTM Motorworks is my recommendation in the area. Go see Kosta.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ASU997.2 TT

I apologize that it took a while to respond, but have not been on he forums that much as I am trying to save money .....LOL!! No I have taken a break from spending and just enjoying the machine. The shop I used I would not recommend, but have since used Engineered Automotive and Boost Theory. For basic exhaust install either company would be fine, but for a more comprehensive builds many have praised KTM.

This year I will try KTM & for sure if I am going to go big turbos.

The exhaust sound level is loud, but perfect if its not a daily and you want each drive to be an "experience". If you are coming from a V8 straight pipe M3, this exhaust would be quiet...LOL!! If you are not sure, work with John and order the 3" straight. If you find it is too loud, being the system is modular, john can change it up with his mufflers section set up.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:28 PM
ASU997.2 TT is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for getting back to me. Totally understand staying off the site, as it certainly temps you to do and spend more on the car.
That said, I ended up ordering with John at SpeedTech 3" pipes and tips. Decided since the TT will be my summer daily and my wife who hated the loud exhaust, I have decided to go with the Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters w/Muffler Delete X-Pipe. As John commented I can always get make cat bypass pipes for some extreme weekends/rally's.

I intend on doing some before and after sounds bites and pics. Let me know and I'm happy to post them.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Something new - We just completed a 997.1TT full 3" catless "RACE" X-Pipe exhaust for a customer that wanted 997 GT2 style tips...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 09-25-2019, 09:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
We just completed this ceramic coated 997.2TT 3.0 X-Pipe with HJS cats to be used with OEM tips...

2022 Cayenne White

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 10-14-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:32 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Which HJS cats are those? I've got a cat-delete pipe and every once in a while I consider putting the cats back on. I have a modular AWE exhaust currently....

Old 09-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
We use the premium HJS 130mm/5.11" HD DIRECTIONAL 200 cell cats on our 997 Turbo systems. We make them two ways: With 3" outlets for our systems or as an upgrade direct replacement for the OEM cat on the 997.2TT (to be used with the 997.2TT OEM center muffler). We do have access to other HJS cats, as well.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
On the 997.2TT, there is a choice of the high performance HJS cats or re-using the factory or OEM cats. Here is a 997.2 Turbo 3.0 X-Pipe designed to be used with the OEM cats and the OEM tips. It is the center section only and replaces the center OEM muffler, which really wakes up the car in a nice way.

* This one pictured is currently available.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-12-2019, 06:05 PM
egreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the rough
Would be interested to know if this fits the 997 GT2, can’t find any info as to why it wouldn’t particularly since the cats would remain? Perhaps the 997.1 XPipe would be more likely to fit.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
I am pretty sure something about the 997 GT2 is different - I believe it's the cats, which would dictate the balance of the exhaust design.

Are the muffler and cats 1 piece like the .1TT or separate components like the .2TT?

If you email me a few pictures from under the car, I can probably determine what they are using...

2022 Cayenne White

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 10-12-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
For anyone wanting a little direct end user feedback, below is a copy of an unsolicited customer email we received today from a recent 997.2TT 3.0 X-Pipe purchase -

John, hope all is well. I just wanted to take a few minutes to describe my overall experience after purchasing your catless race 3” exhaust system. After a couple of weeks the exhaust arrived in a very well packed and secure box. After digging through the peanut puffs I immediately became impressed with the overall craftsmanship of the exhaust. The welds were real clean and the construction was simply flawless. It is really a work of art and honestly if I could, I would hang it on a wall rather then bury it under my 997.2 TT.

Shortly thereafter I brought my car to a local Porsche performance shop for the install. Several hours later the owner of the shop called me to let me know the car was ready. He said it fit perfectly with no issues. Of course I asked him how does it now sound. After a long pause I started getting worried. Finally he said AWESOME. I guess he was just trying to find the right words or something. He also let me know that the boys in the shop were equally impressed with the construction of the exhaust and sound. And these guys all race Porsches by the way.

When I arrived to pick up the car and finally turn the key the sound was immediately gratifying. And it only got better. When I first drove the car I could not believe this was in fact the same car. I swear, as I was driving I thought I heard some exotic hyper car pulling up on me, only to realize that it was really just my car making that beautiful intoxicating music! And it’s never too obnoxious. For me, it’s exactly what I was looking for.

Again thank you for creating such an incredible product that costs less than 1/2 the price of the competition.

Sincerely,

Dino

2022 Cayenne White

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips