6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Which cars share same PDK transmission? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/341787-cars-share-same-pdk-transmission.html)

M_coupe1999 07-12-2014 07:02 PM

Which cars share same PDK transmission?

Hey,

Does anyone know which other Porsche cars share the same exact PDK transmission as the 997.2 Turbo PDK?

Thanks.

M_coupe1999 07-14-2014 12:27 PM

Anyone? :(

Tarasser 07-14-2014 12:48 PM

no one =)

longboarder 07-14-2014 01:20 PM

Unfortunately wiki is not conclusive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-clutch_transmission

deaddana 07-14-2014 06:57 PM

i remember your posts from before, please tell me that your tranny is not messed up?

M_coupe1999 07-15-2014 06:01 PM

Well the car drives and shifts perfectly, no noises or anything like that. I used to get 2 messages. one said "Transmission temp too high" and the other said "transmission emergency run".

I ended up changing gear oil + replaced the oil cooler and reprogramming. The "temp too high" message stopped coming out.

The "emergency run" message still comes out after driving harsh and after long drives in 122F heat.

I've taken the car to several places and no one seems to be able to determine the problem. One mechanic who specializes in Porsches said the problem is within the transmission and its best to replace the whole thing. The only transmission thats available is for a Porsche 997.2 4S.

So yeah thats my nightmare now!

longboarder 07-16-2014 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by M_coupe1999 (Post 4155050)
Well the car drives and shifts perfectly, no noises or anything like that. I used to get 2 messages. one said "Transmission temp too high" and the other said "transmission emergency run".

I ended up changing gear oil + replaced the oil cooler and reprogramming. The "temp too high" message stopped coming out.

The "emergency run" message still comes out after driving harsh and after long drives in 122F heat.

I've taken the car to several places and no one seems to be able to determine the problem. One mechanic who specializes in Porsches said the problem is within the transmission and its best to replace the whole thing. The only transmission thats available is for a Porsche 997.2 4S.

So yeah thats my nightmare now!

Well does it go into some kind of limp mode when the "emergency run" message comes on?

Maybe everything is fine and the fact is where you live is very, very hot right now and beating on the car in these conditions is causing significant heat generation and you are triggering a warning because your transmission is getting very hot.

COBB Tuning 07-16-2014 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4155535)
Well does it go into some kind of limp mode when the "emergency run" message comes on?

Maybe everything is fine and the fact is where you live is very, very hot right now and beating on the car in these conditions is causing significant heat generation and you are triggering a warning because your transmission is getting very hot.

Yes I agree with Longboarder. We have been looking into these issues as of late with one customer. We ended up being able to solve it.

Do you have a flash on the car by chance? This could also be part of it.

-Mitch

deaddana 07-16-2014 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4155535)

my thoughts exactly, if it dosen't go into limp and the only problem is the light , i would let it cool and drive it until the tranny quits before just going out and buying a replacement. i just had to replace my diff and if it wasn't 100% of the problem , i would not have replaced just to see if it was the problem. of course the god awful clunking scared the crap out of me as well.

M_coupe1999 07-16-2014 07:04 PM

Hey...

It does go to limp mode. And i don't think its just the heat, there are so many turbos here, and seem to have no problems because of the heat.

Cobb tuning, i didn't get your question. What do you mean when you say "do you have a flash"?

COBB Tuning 07-16-2014 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by M_coupe1999 (Post 4155926)
Hey...

It does go to limp mode. And i don't think its just the heat, there are so many turbos here, and seem to have no problems because of the heat.

Cobb tuning, i didn't get your question. What do you mean when you say "do you have a flash"?

Oh I just mean is the ECU been reprogrammed by someone, for more power. Does it have a tune on it of any kind?

-Mitch

M_coupe1999 07-16-2014 07:28 PM

No, no tune done at all.

M_coupe1999 07-30-2014 04:50 PM

I have done a reflash and everything seems fine now! Drove the car harsh several times with extreme heat, and no sign of any warning messages. Strange ha?! Well i'm hoping my nightmare ends here, and it seems like it. What a piece of mind to know that i no longer need a gear box replacement and thank God i didnt rush into doing so!

longboarder 07-30-2014 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by M_coupe1999 (Post 4165351)
I have done a reflash and everything seems fine now! Drove the car harsh several times with extreme heat, and no sign of any warning messages. Strange ha?! Well i'm hoping my nightmare ends here, and it seems like it. What a piece of mind to know that i no longer need a gear box replacement and thank God i didnt rush into doing so!

That's fantastic...good to hear. When you said you did a reflash, was that a transmission control unit (TCU) reflash from the dealer?