6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   New 997.2 Owner and what a greeting from a 997.1 owner (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/342882-new-997-2-owner-what-greeting-997-1-owner.html)

garychios 07-26-2014 03:57 PM

New 997.2 Owner and what a greeting from a 997.1 owner

So I was speculating for a while to buy my dream Porsche. A 997.2 So eventually one fell in my lap, super low miles, no flaws, 1 owner who is super loaded and owns a few and gave this up for a new 991. Car is perfect in white with blood red interior. PDK etc. Super happy.

I am a car guy and built a few cars in my life over the 1100 WHP mark ,so the car game not knew to me. But never really hung out with guys who own $100k+ cars.

Anyway, I was hanging out at OBI long island and some dweeb who you can tell knows nothing about cars, who does not build but buys everything, who has a beat up 997.1 tells me, my motor is better than yours like we are 3 yrs old. Anyway, I ignored him and walked away. But boy does he make Porsche owners look stupid.

So anyway, enough with the rant, just saying Hi

Also, after all this time, I don't see how the 997.2 car/motor is not better than the 997.1

I drove both and the 997.2 is a superior car.

Also, I plan to keep stock, but stock means Cobb and straight pipes. LOL

DNugget991GT3 07-26-2014 04:25 PM

welcome ! post some pics.
where in nyc are you ?
Im in brooklyn and have yet to meet a fellow 6 speeder brooklyn-ite.

xbox_fan 07-26-2014 04:25 PM

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ut-new-me.html

There is differences, some do prefer the mezger block over the new dfi engine in the .2

garychios 07-26-2014 06:14 PM

I am originally from queens. Now in Nassau

JSF721 07-27-2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by garychios (Post 4162582)
I am originally from queens. Now in Nassau

Another Fellow Nassau 6Speeder. You will find all types out there. Since I got my TTS, I have met some of the best and worst P car owners.

It like anything else you gravitate to those you like and do a 360 on the ones you don't. I was approached at Captree and asked if a guys could take a Pic of my car, with his GF? They both looked normal. I said sure, thought she would stand in front or sit in driver seat. Then he says hop up on the front fender. I said, wait, please don't sit on the fender. You are welcome to sit in the driver seat if you want.

He said, never mind, and left like I did something wrong?

Lennon31987 07-28-2014 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JSF721 (Post 4162770)
Another Fellow Nassau 6Speeder. You will find all types out there. Since I got my TTS, I have met some of the best and worst P car owners.

It like anything else you gravitate to those you like and do a 360 on the ones you don't. I was approached at Captree and asked if a guys could take a Pic of my car, with his GF? They both looked normal. I said sure, thought she would stand in front or sit in driver seat. Then he says hop up on the front fender. I said, wait, please don't sit on the fender. You are welcome to sit in the driver seat if you want.

He said, never mind, and left like I did something wrong?

haha, agreed, im out in Glen Cove. Such tools around these parts and snobby a$$holes.

WPOM97 04-14-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by garychios (Post 4162534)
Anyway, I was hanging out at OBI long island and some dweeb who you can tell knows nothing about cars, who does not build but buys everything, who has a beat up 997.1 tells me, my motor is better than yours like we are 3 yrs old. Anyway, I ignored him and walked away. But boy does he make Porsche owners look stupid.

Why even mention him on this forum and reduce yourself to his level by name calling? Obviously he doesn't have the social sense to have a meaningful conversation with another Porsche owner so what do you expect us to do about his behavior? Let's just talk about your Porsche and how you're lying to your future self about keeping it stock ;)

Big Swole 04-25-2019 04:44 PM

Welcome to the club!!

Love my 997.2 TTS