997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New 911 TT Owner here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 08:26 AM
dsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to behold
New 911 TT Owner here... UPDATED

So I can finally after 14 years I can say I am a proud Porsche 911 TT owner. When I graduated college I decided to upgrade from a Jetta to either a Porsche Boxster or Audi S4. Being that I was living in PA and needed AWD the S4 won out; I always knew at some point I would own a Porsche however. Having owned the S4, I had my first real taste of what a turbo charged car was like; it was stage 2+. So over the years I stayed in the Audi family and moved to Arizona where AWD was not as important. Prior cars include a S4, a couple A4's, and then about 5 year ago I purchased a RS4 which is probably the best car I had ever owned, at the time. From looking around here on the forum it seems like there are a fair amount of prior RS4 owners which is pretty cool. Here is what the "smurf mobile" looked like:

The RS4 eventually turned into a weekend car (have a Ford F250 Diesel as daily) and as much as I loved the high revving V8 engine, I did miss driving a car with boost in it. So a couple weeks ago, the stars aligned and a simple test drive turned into a purchase of this new to me 911 Turbo. In case the car looks familiar to some of you here, this is drsullivan's old TT that he traded in. I was able to discuss the car with him which made me feel super comfortable with the vehicle. I only wished he took better care of the car... just kidding. The car is in great shape and people can not believe that the car is 7 years old.

So that is my Porsche story and now time for a nice little run to the grocery store. Just filled up with 95 octane so this should be fun...

Last edited by dsurovcik; 01-28-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Welcome - Congratulations

Absolutely Love that RS4!

Back to the Porsche, congratulations on the purchase, you can never go wrong with a Porsche (My personal opinion) and I'm sure Dr took great car of the car.

Welcome to the family, as you will find out soon everything you will need to know about your car is on the forums.

Drive safe!

Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 AM
cdeutsch is on a distinguished road
Nice find! I'm in the market for a 997 Turbo.

Let me know if you have and advice

Old 08-16-2014, 10:54 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and welcome! Similar progression here - a B5 S4 (2.7 Turbo) got me hooked on boost (with AWD too), and I've been a Porsche fan since childhood, so the 911 Turbo has been a dream car for many years. One finally followed me home a few months ago and I love it.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:58 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome aboard!!!

Old 08-16-2014, 11:30 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Welcome and congrats! You've got high standards to maintain, Dr was deadly with the polishers and waxes...had that TT looking pristine!

Old 08-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Jamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to the family. Enjoy safely.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:35 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 PM
9LVN_TT is on a distinguished road
Congrats! I myself had an RS4 before moving to the .7TT. Enjoy!

Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
You bought it from Scottsdale Porsche last month correct.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Makbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the rough
Congrats and welcome. I myself joined the tt club a couple of weeks ago. Great group of people here and a lot of helpful info. Enjoy your new ride.
Nick

Old 08-17-2014, 11:04 AM
dsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cdeutsch
Nice find! I'm in the market for a 997 Turbo.

Let me know if you have and advice
Thanks and the only advice I have is know what you want and when you find it, jump all over it.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by campbellcj
Congrats and welcome! Similar progression here - a B5 S4 (2.7 Turbo) got me hooked on boost (with AWD too), and I've been a Porsche fan since childhood, so the 911 Turbo has been a dream car for many years. One finally followed me home a few months ago and I love it.
Seems to be a somewhat of a common theme around here. It was very bittersweet trading in the RS4 since there really nothing IMO that compares to it, even with what is available today. Between interior & exterior design, engine, handling, 4 doors... it really is a perfect machine. Just found out the car already sold to a local Audi go so I am happy that it went to a good home; he is a prior RS4, RS5, & RS7 owner so going back to the RS4 says a lot about the car.

So my dreams of owning a 911 Turbo goes back to the 993 Turbo in which I was to get a ride in but the family friend owner of the vehicle totaled it the week prior, so I have had to wait almost 20 years to ride in a Turbo. Needless to say, the car have lived up to my expectations!

Old 08-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by akunob
Welcome and congrats! You've got high standards to maintain, Dr was deadly with the polishers and waxes...had that TT looking pristine!
Yes the car is in great shape an I accept that challenge.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by 90sundevil
You bought it from Scottsdale Porsche last month correct.
Yes that is correct.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 911 TT Owner here...