Real World Testing - IPD Y Pipe on 997.2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Real World Testing - IPD Y Pipe on 997.2

Old 10-30-2014, 11:41 AM

longboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond repute
Real World Testing - IPD Y Pipe on 997.2

I have shared my vids and vBox results of the recent Airstrip event attended last weekend (Oct 25/26, 2014). The shop that does the work on my car - BBI and their partners IPD were in attendance and they asked if I could test out their Y pipe on my car no obligations. If it didn't work they would take it off my car and if I liked it I would buy it.

Since I already put together footage of the event, it was pretty easy for me to slap this video together particularly given the results. Dyno testing is one thing but achieving immediate MPH gains in a good testing environment and setting two platform records (60-130 and 1/4 mile trap) on a warm day / high DA is just nuts. Just goes to show how well the IPD Y pipe works together the GIAC/Champion 9-sec package.

Cheers.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:51 AM

akunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond reputeakunob has a reputation beyond repute
Great job Longboarder, IPD products are some of the best value ($/HP) out there!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:09 PM

Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Thanx for posting always enjoy your videos...so this product gives out about 35 hp to the wheels ...how much and were can we get...
Old 10-30-2014, 03:42 PM

93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute93ls1rx7 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't that combination cause fuel cuts and black smoke issues above 130mph?
Old 10-30-2014, 04:20 PM

longboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
Didn't that combination cause fuel cuts and black smoke issues above 130mph?
It did. But it didn't manifest itself in a way that would significantly hurt performance. When the car started fuel cutting, the car would hesitate and I would instantly shift the paddle to drop RPMs. The black smoke was a result of the 100% fuel demand but brief interruptions in power. Fuel cut only occurred at the top of the rev range. As you can see on the day 2 vids there was no black smoke coming out of the back of my car since the new tune reduced power below the fueling capacity.

Maybe I was already close or at the car's fueling limit, and the Y-pipe put me over it. But, it also increased power in the mid-range and would typically only fuel cut in the higher gears like 5th. So there's no doubt that the Y-pipe gave me more power. But yes the results would have been better if there was no fuel cut situation here.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:32 PM

997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold
Nice Vid
Old 10-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Banned

webcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond reputewebcarconnection has a reputation beyond repute
IPD is a very good company with good products... maybe I will order one of those Y pipes hehehe
Old 10-30-2014, 05:27 PM

guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by longboarder View Post
It did. But it didn't manifest itself in a way that would significantly hurt performance. When the car started fuel cutting, the car would hesitate and I would instantly shift the paddle to drop RPMs. The black smoke was a result of the 100% fuel demand but brief interruptions in power. Fuel cut only occurred at the top of the rev range. As you can see on the day 2 vids there was no black smoke coming out of the back of my car since the new tune reduced power below the fueling capacity.

Maybe I was already close or at the car's fueling limit, and the Y-pipe put me over it. But, it also increased power in the mid-range and would typically only fuel cut in the higher gears like 5th. So there's no doubt that the Y-pipe gave me more power. But yes the results would have been better if there was no fuel cut situation here.
That's pretty wild. Hopefully we can get the fuel situation figured out soon... thought people were close on getting more fuel to these cars, but haven't seen anything yet.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Basic Sponsor

SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
Great vid as usual bud
+1 for BBI and IPD
Turbo Mike can do anything in 10 min

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-30-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 PM

jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
is that new dimpled design available for the 997.1 as well?

-Jose
Old 10-31-2014, 06:23 AM
Former Vendor

proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
@jjuroz, yes the dimpled design is available on both the 997.1 and 997.2. We started it carrying recently, its new.

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 10-31-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:48 AM

jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
Same price?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor

proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, new design
Old 10-31-2014, 12:57 PM

prodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond reputeprodigymb has a reputation beyond repute
I actually purchased one of the new IPD dimpled Y pipes for my car and it was amazing. I wanted the AMS intercoolers that come with their own Y pipe and hoses so I ended up installing it on my friends 997TT with Champion 68mms and it worked well. Difference, in spool, sound and power.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:07 AM

GotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond reputeGotBoost? has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Great vid as usual bud
+1 for BBI and IPD
Turbo Mike can do anything in 10 min
Agreed.. IPD is maybe the best mod for the $$. Turbo Mike is a maniac. Super knowledgeable. BBI is one of the best in the business imo. ALMS experience goes.a long ways.. the knowledge and know how of Betim and Joey are unmatched.. you haven't driven a well setup car until you've driven a Joey suspension setup.