997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Special on Alpha 9 for 997.1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
This is the exact kit I wanted to purchase when I was looking for a 997. I found a 997 with higher miles and with the money saved was going to purchase this AMS package and then the car was sold from under me. I ended up buying one with less then 1/2 the miles for a lot more $$ and ended up doing Proto 63.5VTG etc., as the car cost cut deeply into the upgrade budget.

I have always been amazed at the better then OEM built quality and power of this package makes on stock rods. It has proven itself over and over and seams very reliable, but I am positive the reliability has ALOT to do with the tune (EPL) and the tune being perfected with this particular kit through many, many mile/hrs of R&D.

This is why I am shocked that AMS would allow or even VIVID would want someone else to tune it considering the power this package makes. If it was a re-wheeled VTG it is a different story as most re-wheels do not have the power to bend rods, but with a package like this! Even if another tuner tunes it and MANY believe that the safe tune for the car is a lot less power then AMS has PROVEN, they will tune the car to make a lot less power then what the package can make through AMS complete package (with their tune) and not represent the AMS package well.

The other side is that they try to make the same power and the TQ comes on too early and you have a possible paper weight of a Mezger & damages the AMS package reliability record.

I am not saying that other tuners do not have the ability, but with so many stating that this power level is too much for a stock block you got to wonder how they will tune it if it is not the original tuner that AMS used.

If I purchased a system like this that is at the upper limit of my expensive Mezger, I would want ALL the R&D, especially the most important part of the package which would be the tune that came with it initially.

Again, I could be wasting my typing and AMS could have already worked with other tuners to duplicate the original tune they had.

Just a thought as I really like this package!

Originally Posted by AMS
We have sold, installed and tuned many Alpha 9 packages. We like to keep the power in the 675-700 whp on 93 octane and 775ish on race fuel.

The engines are very reliable if tuned properly.

here is a review on AMW's beautiful Alpha 9

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...000-miles.html

Old 01-20-2015, 04:46 PM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
How do you guys manage to squeeze 700 - 800 whp from the small GT28 turbos in the Alpha 9 package? Isn't the max HP for GT28's around 450 HP?

Old 01-20-2015, 10:47 PM
itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT VIPER
How do you guys manage to squeeze 700 - 800 whp from the small GT28 turbos in the Alpha 9 package? Isn't the max HP for GT28's around 450 HP?
700+whp is not possible on pump gas, just can't add enough timing. 700-800 is possible on racegas/e85.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
The turbos look like the bigger compressor housing that I have on my 2873s...., that's my guess. The hta73 wheel is good for 54lbs.

Originally Posted by TT VIPER

Old 01-21-2015, 07:02 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
We did work with along side of EPL for our previous P car tuning. We now do the majority of our tuning via Cobb.

We have a very solid dealer network and trust that they know the limits. We have no known issues with any Alpha powered Porsche to date.

The turbo's are not off the shelf 28's or 30's either.

The kit is well engineered and therefore efficient which allows us to make the power we do with our Alpha 9/10 kits.

I'm sure Alan ( AMW ) will tell you how much he loves his car. The fact he cant get out of it and nearly drives it daily should be proof enough

Old 01-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Bump for a great product and great pricing. Email/PM me!

Old 02-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Mrbig is on a distinguished road
How much ?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:09 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
PM price plz..

Old 02-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
pm sent/email

Old 02-26-2015, 01:39 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
price please

Old 02-26-2015, 01:54 PM
hopper997s is on a distinguished road
Please pm me prices

Old 03-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dhahlen
price please
Hey sorry for the long delay...

Were you ever given the special pricing for this kit?

Thanks
John

Old 03-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by hopper997s
Please pm me prices
Hey sorry for the long delay...

Were you ever given the special pricing for this kit?

Thanks
John

Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
I was, thanks!

Old 03-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dhahlen
I was, thanks!
Awesome .. Were we able to get you taken care of along with a great price and get you a kit ordered?

Thanks
John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Special on Alpha 9 for 997.1