997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My 997 TT - A Story in Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 08:00 PM
thxbuff2001 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Kricci;4427039]Here are the newly installed LED tails - think they look really good!

Name:  1447355838.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  148.0 KB

The LEDs looks pretty normal. I was thinking about doing this as soon as I get my TT. I was not sure if it would look like a Honda. But looks good.

Old 01-09-2016, 01:35 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kricci
Here are the installed dash cam pics. I really like the mount and the fact that it is pretty inconspicuous.

It's a blackvue 2 channel version. The clarity on the camera is really pretty amazing.

front:

rear:

display via wifi on my phone (even better on the computer)

I've considered moving the rear slightly to the side of the writing on the glass, but it doesn't affect the view of the road or cars behind so not sure, i like it centered.

I just bought this 2-channel system too. Would you happen to have any pictures on how you hardwired it? Did you install the Power Magic Pro as well? Any tips on running wires (ie where NOT to). Thanks!

Old 01-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
I didn't do the install as i took it to a shop.

We mounted the power magic pro under the dashboard below the steering wheel out of sight but still easily accessible. I was told that it was fairly straight forward and not too tricky at all. I can check and see if i can snap some pics of the hard wire install for you.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:05 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I didn't do the install as i took it to a shop.

We mounted the power magic pro under the dashboard below the steering wheel out of sight but still easily accessible. I was told that it was fairly straight forward and not too tricky at all. I can check and see if i can snap some pics of the hard wire install for you.
Thanks, pictures would be awesome! In particular, I'm mainly interested in how the installers hooked up the power in the fuse box. Did they use Add-a-Fuse connectors?

Old 01-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Honestly, i am fairly certain he said they used a fuse in one of the blank spot in the box, but everything looks OEM to me so maybe you can compare this to yours:
Name:  1452559119.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  296.1 KB

The wires are all run from the magic pro behind the carpet to the box. can't really see them, it appears they did a nice job on the install.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1452559119.jpg (296.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-12-2016, 06:51 AM
600RWHP is on a distinguished road
Nice LED light. Was it a simple install or did you need to get ecu flashed for any errors on the check engine? Also what brand please.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by 600RWHP
Nice LED light. Was it a simple install or did you need to get ecu flashed for any errors on the check engine? Also what brand please.
Very simple install - no errors or programming needed as long as they are installed with the resistors. Plug and play.

They are the dectane/depo lights

Old 01-12-2016, 07:41 PM
600RWHP is on a distinguished road
Very simple install - no errors or programming needed as long as they are installed with the resistors. Plug and play.

They are the dectane/depo lights
Thanks!

Old 02-06-2016, 08:45 PM
I was finally able to get my GT2 sides painted, and xpel'd this weekend - A few pics after a detail and photoshoot:

Last edited by Kricci; 02-18-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Update 3/8/16:

Installed some authentic Phillips 6000K Ultinon bulbs - this is a comparison (phillips on driver side obviously).

Car is going in for some preventative maintenance and some upgrades as we speak. I have been collecting parts for awhile and just waiting for the right time to send her under the knife. That time is now!

Parts being installed:
IPD Y-pipe and Competition Plenum with 82mm Throttle Body.
DO88 Performance Turbo Intake Hoses.
Cobb Accessport v3
RSS Tarmac Series Motor Mounts
Sharkwerks GT1 Stainless Coolant Elbow Upgrade Kit

BBI Autosport Gt2 Clutch Conversion Kit
Function First Transmission Mount Inserts
SACHS upgraded Clutch and Pressure Plate
2nd gear pop-out fix

Plugs and coils to be replaced as well.

Edit 3/10/16: Just picked up some Evoms Intercoolers and boost hoses as well.

The car will also have the coolant lines pinned while replacing all of the hoses and O-rings with new Porsche parts to ensure a continued leak free motor for many more years. New plugs and coils, new water pump and thermostat as well.

The car has approximately 49,000 miles on it.

I'm hoping to post up some in progress pics along the way and look forward to getting her back with some more power, and a more engaged clutch pedal. I expect a substantially different feel from the car when i get it back and I'm looking forward to it!

Future mods may include upgraded turbos and suspension goodies. Still researching and debating...

Last edited by Kricci; 03-22-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:24 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
Nice mods and very clean looking car, congrats

Last edited by marzz; 03-10-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by marzz
Nice mode and very clean looking car, congrats
Thanks!

Went by the shop to take a look at the car and learn a bit about the motor.

The glue on the coolant pipes seemed to still be pretty strong, but the hoses themselves were pretty weak/fatigued, so i am glad i did this now and didn't push it back any further. We're replacing with all new OEM hoses and O rings while we are in there to ensure everything has been refreshed and will last.

Here are a few in progress pics. More to come.

Missing a motor and transmission!

In Progress:

Coolant pipes pinned:

Last edited by Kricci; 03-10-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:49 AM
A few more updates:

Here is the refreshed motor and transmission prior to reinstalling. I replaced the OEM flywheel with a new OEM unit as well. Hadn't planned on that, but after looking at the OEM one and discussing we decided it was best to replace.

Here is the BBI Slave cylinder conversion installed:

The RSS motor mounts:

The upgraded throttle body to match the IPD competition plenum and Y Pipe.

No great pics of the transmission mounts unfortunately... Pics of Evoms Intercooler install should be coming soon.

I'm very excited to get her back!

Last edited by Kricci; 03-19-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:35 AM
Update:

Evoms Intercoolers installed.

IPD Plenum and Y pipe - not finished, still buttoning things up.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:13 PM
Thoughts after driving the car for a few days:

The sachs 2.5 clutch with the BBI slave cylinder is a drastic change from OEM. It is much firmer, and much more direct. I like it overall, however it will take a bit of getting used to - it's nice though - this is the feel i expected when i first drove it - not the honda civic feel it had.

The power is incredible - the turbos seem to spool super quick, lag is greatly reduced and 3rd and 4th gear just flat out fly even more so than before! This car will pull like crazy with no end in sight - i absolutely love it.

I really love the motor and transmission mounts - i can feel a difference with those for sure - the car feels planted and solid at speed - what a difference!

I hope to get on a dyno sometime in the next few weeks and will be sure to report back some numbers, but honestly i don't even care what they are - the feel of this car is just amazing. Very happy with the set-up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997 TT - A Story in Pictures