6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   997.1 TT ECU wiring diagram (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/366197-997-1-tt-ecu-wiring-diagram.html)

Mitchy 06-04-2015 05:19 PM

997.1 TT ECU wiring diagram

Does anyone have a ECU pinout diagram for a 997.1?

I see lots of people requesting it, but I only find gt3's or 996 models..

I just want to confirm the wire that I can use for the Fail Safe for my meth injection...

:)

ysfg35 06-04-2015 06:54 PM

Hello there

Please have a look to this thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/310685-hks-evc6-wiring-question.html

If you did not find what u need , send me ur email and I will email u the ECU full pins out

Thanks

TT.BRN 06-04-2015 09:28 PM

Im looking for the 997tt pinout for the same reason, its available only through PIWIS and I have not seen any copy for it (997.1tt pinout) anywhere..

I have the 996tt (7.8), while most pins are correct, wire colors and some pins are different ( including turbo solenoid control) ...

Let me know Mitch if you ever get the answer, cuz most such threads end with "PM sent"!!

Yousif: that thread points out the pin for the throttle body control, if you wire the failsafe to that it will shut the throttle not cut boost (as it's intended)...

ysfg35 06-05-2015 08:19 AM

Email sent , hope it work with you bro.

Best of luck

Mitchy 06-05-2015 04:23 PM

Hey Yousef

Thanks for the file; Although it's for the 996tt, at least it confirms that the pin outlined by the Aquamist forums is correct for the solenoid output.

TT.BRN - Still looking for that elusive 997tt (7.8.1) wiring schematic, Hard to believe it's so hard to find!

Are you looking to connect the HFS-3 failsafe? I may just connect it; as I know the VNT output is a frequency/PWM output, however it is a higher base frequency than the 996tt, i'd assume it's the same basic output.

Not sure how else to confirm, other than blind faith. haha...

Thanks for the file and all your help, anything is a step from what I had.
Cheers guys!

Speedfreak 06-05-2015 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is.

Mitchy 06-06-2015 08:08 AM

SpeedFreak. That's the document that I'd like to have; Just outlining the whole ECU,
It appears the one you attached focuses mainly on the ECU interface to the Passenger Cabin, rather than the ECU-Engine wiring.

Any Chance you have the other one as well?
We're getting Closer :)

Thanks again!

Mitchy 06-06-2015 10:46 AM

OK, So I've found a wiring crossmap for a Pro-EFI system, It looks as though the 997tt has 2 outputs, C4 and C14 for the VNT controllers.

Since the HFS-3 only has one failsafe output, I've wired it as per the aquamist drawing found on their site (and linked previous times in this forum)

I Didn't want to blindly follow directions, but I've made the change and report back.

My thought is as soon as one VNT controller is detected as failed, it automatically reduces the sister unit as well... At least thats my hope..

I find it strange no one with a 997tt has brought this up, so maybe my worries are unfounded.

Will Report Back...

Regardless... Still would be nice to get the full ECU pinout

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...a3e1334dd7.gif

Speedfreak 06-06-2015 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you are :)

Speedfreak 06-06-2015 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by dgalkowski (Post 4351631)
Do you think the wiring is the same in 997.1 GT2? I am looking for wire to start up alarm siren?

Darek

The GT2 is different in some places.

TT.BRN 06-06-2015 04:23 PM

Wow, Speedfreak ... You are THE man, Seriously!!! Can't thank you enough for these files ...

The elusive 997tt wiring diagram made public at last .... This thread is worthy of a sticky ...

TT.BRN 06-06-2015 04:36 PM

So Mitch lets try to figure out this failsafe issue ....

From the diagrams I found the following:

Pin C14 relayes to "Actuator Charge air pressure positioner 1" (Blue/Yellow)
Pin C 4 relayes to "Actuator charge air pressure positioner 2" (Green/Green)

So- If I get this right- each turbo is controlled seperately by the ecu. How to wire both to the Failsafe wires without disrupting their funtioning ?

3 other wires go to each turbo: ( Position, Supply, and Ground) Ground and position are useless, and supply connects to other vital engine components can't disrupt that ...

Mitchy 06-06-2015 05:14 PM

I connected the wire today, but couldn't really determine if the failsafe truly works.
It hits 8psi at least...
I'll do more testing in the coming days as I need to send some logs off to get things customized.

Could it be that everyone just connected the wiring tested that it functions?
There are several people out there running the system, most have Alpha converted cars, so it makes sense why it's not an issue.

Fingers crossed the guys at Cobb have found some spare pins to enable Map Switching :)

TT.BRN 06-06-2015 05:22 PM

Makes sense Mitch, seems that way on the 997 cuts boost to one of the turbo's ... On Alphas its easy since its the one wire you have to intercept .....

Speedfreak 06-07-2015 09:36 AM

I would use C31(diverter valve) for failsafe, that will cut boost on both sides.