997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vorsteiner and other exterior upgrades..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Steven997TT is on a distinguished road
Vorsteiner and other exterior upgrades..

Hi all,

I recently got back into a Porsche, long time overdue, and I have decided to make it mine and unique. I have a black 997.1 08 manual cabrio.

I am looking to upgrade the front bumper to a Vorsteiner VT-R and possibly the rear bumper and tail lights to a 997.2.

I like the stance and look right now but want a more unique look.

I have just ordered a custom steering wheel, Carbon top, perforated leather grips and napa leather bottom fatter all round and a 10mm red stripe on top.

I also purchased the double din facia and bose integration kit from Del Rey Customs but have not installed it yet. My plan is the top of the line AVIC Pioneer.

I may even customise the Double Din, AC unit, strip switch and cubby box to Leather.

My car already has the following modifications..

Cargraphic exhaust with 3 settings
Bilstein upgrade with lift kit
Lowered but not too much
More agressive suspension setup
Glossy Black original 997.1 Turbo wheels
Short shift
Wheel spacers 12mm front and back

Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:22 AM
RON1X will become famous soon enoughRON1X will become famous soon enough
Please post some pics!

Have you thought of upgrading wheels? I'd like to see your black Turbo wheels though. An upgraded rear wing would also really improve the aesthetic as well.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Shameless plug but it sounds to me like you're missing a key piece of the puzzle there, a tune

Old 08-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
If you want a more unique look you shouldn't look any further than Vorsteiner to help you.

If you need any help on details or pricing shoot us a PM and we'll be more than happy to get you started.

Here's a few photos from one that we built:
http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/po...-997tt-amazing

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:59 AM
Well WheelB.
some of your project look amazing.

I'm scheduled in for a tune, any recommendations on companies? Have heard of a company in Germany called Mcchip DKR. Has anybody heard of them? Any other recommendations on a tune would be much appreciated.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:01 AM
Name:  image-4245797672.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  452.8 KB

Old 08-26-2015, 03:03 AM
Name:  image-3828075492.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  441.6 KB

Old 08-26-2015, 03:04 AM
Name:  image-2706454570.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  375.4 KB

Old 08-26-2015, 11:00 AM
NY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Steven997TT
Thats a beauty alright. I find myself sometimes torn between buying a coupe and convertible in the 997TT (5-6 months away) The convertible is so stylish and offers the open air experience. The coupe has the classic body lines but I won't track as much as I'd like to.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
Beautiful. Put a black ( or maybe red) "Turbo" badge on the back-keep that murdered out look going

Old 08-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Forujames
Beautiful. Put a black ( or maybe red) "Turbo" badge on the back-keep that murdered out look going
I vote for the red badge.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:24 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Steven997TT
Hi all,

I recently got back into a Porsche, long time overdue, and I have decided to make it mine and unique. I have a black 997.1 08 manual cabrio.

I am looking to upgrade the front bumper to a Vorsteiner VT-R and possibly the rear bumper and tail lights to a 997.2.

I like the stance and look right now but want a more unique look.

I have just ordered a custom steering wheel, Carbon top, perforated leather grips and napa leather bottom fatter all round and a 10mm red stripe on top.

I also purchased the double din facia and bose integration kit from Del Rey Customs but have not installed it yet. My plan is the top of the line AVIC Pioneer.

I may even customise the Double Din, AC unit, strip switch and cubby box to Leather.

My car already has the following modifications..

Cargraphic exhaust with 3 settings
Bilstein upgrade with lift kit
Lowered but not too much
More agressive suspension setup
Glossy Black original 997.1 Turbo wheels
Short shift
Wheel spacers 12mm front and back

Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

needs new, not black, wheels.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all

Here ya go-guess you have to reverse the colors

Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 PM
I installed some new Dectane LED taillights last night. I can't believe how easy it was, it literally took me 15 minutes.