997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Zunsport Bumper Intake Mesh Grilles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:03 AM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
I ordered a complete set yesterday. There is a current Rennlist Code RL112015 that gives you a 20% discount. I had questions about the correct kit and the discounts. Let me say that these people are very responsive and timely. So far, I'm really impressed with their service.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:15 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dave29
I ordered a complete set yesterday. There is a current Rennlist Code RL112015 that gives you a 20% discount. I had questions about the correct kit and the discounts. Let me say that these people are very responsive and timely. So far, I'm really impressed with their service.
^^^ +1 They also ship very fast from England. I think it only to 2 0r 3 days to get mine.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:45 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
I just ordered a set. Has anyone noticed Any negative side affects from these? Cooling or Radar / Jammer's not working correctly?

I may have to cut the mesh to create opening for my laser jammer's / radar sensors mounted in the center section.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:07 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
No negatives here, but I don't have grill mounted radar/jammer.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:10 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
No negatives here, but I don't have grill mounted radar/jammer.
Thank you. I'm probably going to do cut outs for the laser / radar units. Should be easy enough.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:54 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Same as kwik, I've had mine for a year and no issues.. Installed in 10 minutes.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cam99
I used tape and it was problematic removing in some places. The tape was stuck behind the grill , difficult to remove. However the clips snap behind the bumper so it doesn't really scratch anything unless you mess up somehow.

I really like the grills, it was these or remove the front bumper cover. I chose the former.
Agree with the tape comment. Royal PITA. I'm happy with the finished product!

Old 08-11-2018, 08:47 PM
I aslo installed my ZunSport Grill guards today after my TPC DSC install. Didn't make a vid though. Just pics.

Here are a few after the install.

I a couple of pics of DAT A$$!!!!

Old 08-11-2018, 09:27 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Looks great! If you ever have the bumper off (and are okay with a permanent modification to it), snip the black support grills behind the Zunsport mesh. I did that (used an oscillating cutter but a dremel should work fine as well) and it looks even cleaner. Also, now I can clean the radiators without having to take off the front bumper (just take out the Zunsport mesh from the front.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:33 PM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
If I were to do it again (or maybe if ever I have the grilles or bumper off) then I would paint the mounting clips body (bumper) colour so you wouldn't be easily be able to see how the grilles are held in place (give them a "floating" look), the black clips stand out against my white bumper.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Looks great! If you ever have the bumper off (and are okay with a permanent modification to it), snip the black support grills behind the Zunsport mesh. I did that (used an oscillating cutter but a dremel should work fine as well) and it looks even cleaner. Also, now I can clean the radiators without having to take off the front bumper (just take out the Zunsport mesh from the front.

Can you post pics of exactly what / how you did it? Someday I'm sure I'll have the bumper off and would much rather have the grills behind the fins. Just needed an easy fix for the coming Fall and my mountain drives.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:58 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Here are some pictures with embedded captions. With the bumper cover off, simply trim the plastic with your tool of choice (rotary tool like a Dremel, strong shears, or a vibratory oscillating tool like I used). I was able to very easily trim everything (<10 min). While I can't say my cuts were 100% perfect, you can only see imperfections from the back with the bumper cover off...nothing to see from the front.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Can you post pics of exactly what / how you did it? Someday I'm sure I'll have the bumper off and would much rather have the grills behind the fins. Just needed an easy fix for the coming Fall and my mountain drives.
As you probably know, you won't be able to put Zunsport mesh behind the fins...but you can do this with the Rennline kit or mesh you buy from the hardware store.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Thank you!! Looks great man!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:55 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
More pics

Any pics with the bumper back on the car after cutting off slats?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zunsport Bumper Intake Mesh Grilles