997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

coilpack and other parts questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
coilpack and other parts questions

I'm shopping for replacement coilpacks for my 2007 997 tt. The original part is 99760210400 and it looks like there is a revised version which is part number 99760210402 which requires longer bolts. I haven't been able to determine what the difference is and I'm trying to decide which set to get. Anyone have any opinions?

There was a thread a while ago about whether to change the waterpump prophylactically or wait till it causes problems. Looks like there is a revised part number which has a composite blade (as opposed to metal) part number 99710601172. Anyone have any updated advice about whether to make the change when other stuff is being done vs. wait till it causes problems?

thanks

Old 09-12-2015, 06:59 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I'm shopping for replacement coilpacks for my 2007 997 tt. The original part is 99760210400 and it looks like there is a revised version which is part number 99760210402 which requires longer bolts. I haven't been able to determine what the difference is and I'm trying to decide which set to get. Anyone have any opinions?

There was a thread a while ago about whether to change the waterpump prophylactically or wait till it causes problems. Looks like there is a revised part number which has a composite blade (as opposed to metal) part number 99710601172. Anyone have any updated advice about whether to make the change when other stuff is being done vs. wait till it causes problems?

thanks
Hi...

On the Coil Packs, when I changed mine, I used the Bosch equivalent (see picture). They fit perfectly, were easy to find, cheaper, and so far running like a champ.

Good luck.
DC

Old 09-13-2015, 09:38 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Thanks for the tip Rock. Did you reuse the mounting screws or get new ones?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Spec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond repute
I just swapped mine to those same Bosch.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Spec C
I just swapped mine to those same Bosch.
did you reuse the mounting screws?

Good to know there are options. It doesn't look like there is a huge price difference between the Beru and the Bosch depending on where you get them from...

Old 09-14-2015, 06:06 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
In my case , am running BBi upgraded coils ,, never changed them since 3 years maybe .. But if your car is bone stock .. Get the OEM and u will be fine

Best of luck !

Old 09-14-2015, 06:18 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the tip Rock. Did you reuse the mounting screws or get new ones?
Hi There...Yes, use the same mounting bolts. These are the exact coils for your application, and you will have no issues mounting or running them.

DC

Old 09-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by ysfg35
In my case , am running BBi upgraded coils ,, never changed them since 3 years maybe .. But if your car is bone stock .. Get the OEM and u will be fine

Best of luck !
I can't justify the BBI coils since I don't have a beast like yours.

But it isn't stock - Champion 68vtgs and the necessary parts to go with them...I will get the Bosch f5dpor plugs for the next round as suggested by Dzenno from PTF. He saw some evidence of spark plug "scatter" when we were on the dyno.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
BERU coils (same as OEM) is what we have on our 997.1 with Tial Alpha 3076s and its doing great so far with the Bosch Motorsport F5DPOR plugs. We've been running that for the last 15,000km without a single hiccup making great power on the stock motor.

ECS carries them as well as BERU coils:

F5DPOR Plugs:
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1430/

BERU Coils:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200...oil/ES2635773/

The best thing about these particular plugs is they come gapped at 0.025" which is about perfect for the levels of boost a stock motor can handle safely and a side-loading ground strap is pretty neat! They're also 1 step colder than OEM.

Personally never been a fan of Iridium plugs. In theory they should last longer but ground straps are laser welded and gapping them, while doable, is not recommended as it weakens the laser weld and can cause the ground strap to break off if you've got bad luck or you're not careful when gapping them to go slow. Never bend an iridium plug ground strap backwards in case you overgap, throw it away! Just my 2c..thanks to @prodigymb on the tip around the F5DPOR..

Dzenno@PTF

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 09-15-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:28 PM
I like the idea of them being pre-gapped. I had asked the local installer to gap my stock plugs when I replaced them the first time. I checked them at the second plug change and there was a wide range of gaps, lol. So much for consistency from that indy shop.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
BERU coils (same as OEM) is what we have on our 997.1 with Tial Alpha 3076s and its doing great so far with the Bosch Motorsport F5DPOR plugs. We've been running that for the last 15,000km without a single hiccup making great power on the stock motor.

ECS carries them as well as BERU coils:

F5DPOR Plugs:
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1430/

BERU Coils:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200...oil/ES2635773/

The best thing about these particular plugs is they come gapped at 0.025" which is about perfect for the levels of boost a stock motor can handle safely and a side-loading ground strap is pretty neat! They're also 1 step colder than OEM.

Personally never been a fan of Iridium plugs. In theory they should last longer but ground straps are laser welded and gapping them, while doable, is not recommended as it weakens the laser weld and can cause the ground strap to break off if you've got bad luck or you're not careful when gapping them to go slow. Never bend an iridium plug ground strap backwards in case you overgap, throw it away! Just my 2c..thanks to @prodigymb on the tip around the F5DPOR..

Dzenno@PTF
Don't you need one of the older thinner coil packs because it won't fit in the available space? Cylinder 6 maybe?

Old 05-15-2018, 12:59 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
I bought these at the dealer and they came with the mounting screws.

They are indeed thicker than the original part number.

In for thoughts on the water pump.

I guess what this guy makes sense...

thanks

Last edited by turboslut; 05-15-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:05 PM
964hans will become famous soon enough
I placed the newer thick coilpacks on my 2007 turbo. At Cyl 6 there is not enough space. You have to adapt the turbo adjuster a little

The picture shows where to adapt the adjuster.
The new longer bolts came with the coils

Regards
Hans

Attached Images   
Old 05-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Hans, what did you modify to make it work. My dealer is recommending the older thinner one for cylinder #6.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:54 PM
964hans will become famous soon enough
Hello Johnny DB

The pictures I copied from the German PFF Forum.
They show the, thick coil, adapted adjuster and a modified bolt.

Regards, Hans

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: coilpack and other parts questions