6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   DSC module help (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/378302-dsc-module-help.html)

Jako 11-28-2015 10:33 PM

DSC module help

Wanted to start by saying that I love the performance enhancements of the module. What is preventing satisfaction is an audible electronic 'eeeee' sound when the car is in motion. The sound is faint but annoying and only happens when the car is moving. When stopped at a light or stop and go traffic, the sound disappears. It is coming from the general direction of the module.

Tom from DSC, said that I have an unshielded wire, likely from the speaker, that is picking up RF signals from the module. i asked local audio shops and no one has RF testers and said that if my stereo is turned off it wouldn't happen. Not to mention the stock stereo is optic. I do have a Dension unit, other than that, car is stock.

Tom took the module back to test it on his car and said there was no sound coming from the he module or his car. However in good faith, he provided me with a new module and tested it before sending it to me. Was so hopefull when I plugged it in, but sure enough. The sound was there, funny thing is, when I press for the next mode, the sound stopped.

To combat the RF, I did buy some EMF shielding fabric to wrap the DSC module. That didn't have any effect. Ifanyone else has this issue and can tell me what it is and the fix, I would appreciate it. If I can't solve it, I'll be selling it. In fact, it's in the market place section already.

Al Nunez 11-29-2015 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jako (Post 4434449)
Wanted to start by saying that I love the performance enhancements of the module. What is preventing satisfaction is an audible electronic 'eeeee' sound when the car is in motion. The sound is faint but annoying and only happens when the car is moving. When stopped at a light or stop and go traffic, the sound disappears. It is coming from the general direction of the module.

Tom from DSC, said that I have an unshielded wire, likely from the speaker, that is picking up RF signals from the module. i asked local audio shops and no one has RF testers and said that if my stereo is turned off it wouldn't happen. Not to mention the stock stereo is optic. I do have a Dension unit, other than that, car is stock.

Tom took the module back to test it on his car and said there was no sound coming from the he module or his car. However in good faith, he provided me with a new module and tested it before sending it to me. Was so hopefull when I plugged it in, but sure enough. The sound was there, funny thing is, when I press for the next mode, the sound stopped.

To combat the RF, I did buy some EMF shielding fabric to wrap the DSC module. That didn't have any effect. Ifanyone else has this issue and can tell me what it is and the fix, I would appreciate it. If I can't solve it, I'll be selling it. In fact, it's in the market place section already.

I would check grounding on the unit seems you are picking up noise. Check the connector maybe you pulled it out from the wire? Does it do it with the OEM?

Jako 11-29-2015 09:18 AM

Thanks. I've swapped back the Oem unit 2-3 times now. Every time I've put it back the OEM the sound disappears. As for the harnes connector, there are over 15 wires in the loom, I would no clue which is the ground. Do you think I should check the main ground from the battery to the car?

One other thing I forgot to add, other than coming to a stop, when I bank left or right, the sound stops as well. Appears, when the TPC module is firing signals is when the sound appears. That said, odd that both units are have this affect on my car but not of Tom's.

He did tell me there have been two other customers affected by this but they traced it to a unshielded speaker wire. i have stock speakers and likely would not have that as my issue.

Yogi911 11-29-2015 10:11 AM

This may not be helpful at all but with my tooki the aux cable makes a very bad hum if it is not plugged into my phone when i am in "tooki" mode. It doesnt happen when using radio or off. (Although happened with stock and dsc).

I guess the only reason im telling you is that if i had this problem in my car i would go straight to my aux cable to diagnose and then after that the tooki. So if you havent gone through the wiring of your dennison that is what i would do. Its possible that it since the cd changer is on that side there is some feedback interference between the 2 aftermarket things (dsc and dennison)

akunob 11-30-2015 12:45 PM

+1 ^ I would guess there is some interference between the Dension unit and the DSC module. Must be frustrating. Surprised there isn't a high end audio shop that could help you out.

MJSpeed 11-30-2015 01:01 PM

Yes, there's unquestionably some interference between the two units. I would my best to isolate the cables as much as possible. Also running higher quality cable will also help.

There must be a local audio shop that has done something similar in the past.

Good luck!

CheeRS,

MJ

MJSpeed 11-30-2015 01:03 PM

It has more to do with the ground connection than anything else.

CheeRS,

MJ

TT Surgeon 11-30-2015 07:25 PM

In one of my cars with a dension unit, made a faint buzz whenever on. Took it to another shop as a second opinion, they changed the source of the power to constant and solved the problem. As mention on the othe forum, I'm sure it's related to the dension install/wiring.