997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo Straight pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 11:17 AM
leevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to all
997 Turbo Straight pipes

Hey everyone. I've had my 997 for a few months and it was too quiet. I've done a lot of work on previous cars through my buddies shop (ISP racing in beltsville Maryland), and I asked him to fabricate me some straight pipes. I wanted to share the results with everyone.

Also, here is the video clip -> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=52&__tn__=C

I'll see if I can download the original, since I know that is the mobile version.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
What was cost involved?

Old 12-12-2015, 08:20 AM
leevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to all
straight pipe

When all was said and done, it was $1500.

I was originally just going to do the pipes that go straight from the turbo out the back. I listened to some clips and I didn't really like the sound that much, so I had him do the "X" type style (More piping and more time fabricating, hence the price). It actually sounds better than I expected.

You can hear the turbo and its not too raspy.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Old 12-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
The cats would run you 500 each so 2500 not bad if you did it that way. Sounds excellent with no farting after sound. Some of the other X configurations fart once throttle is lifted. Most are charging above 4500. I went with Speedtech and I am happy(no farting).

Last edited by Al Nunez; 12-12-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Germcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really nice
Youtube video sounds nice would love to hear it in person.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:12 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
end of the clip ... love the whistle

Old 12-13-2015, 10:49 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Have him make me one, I'll send him $1500

Old 12-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Acmw will become famous soon enough
for $1500 sign me up , whats the shops info?

Old 12-13-2015, 11:21 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Acmw
for $1500 sign me up , whats the shops info?
ISP racing in beltsville Maryland

Have him do a batch and discount them

Old 12-14-2015, 07:51 AM
Somy has a spectacular aura aboutSomy has a spectacular aura about
I have straight/X-pipe on my 997 and absolutely love the sound! Sounds like a bada$$ NA Porsche till you hit some boosta I also noticed the car spooling much faster than when I had the mufflers on.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Sounds almost identical to my Tubi Race Exhaust.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:25 PM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Great work brotha!

Heck, if they can make it for let's say $1,800 or less shipped for both the997's and 991's, they'll sell a ton!

That system sounds really good; just the same as or better than units costing a lot more.

Here is one little catch...and this is just a very little catch.... as many of you guys are aware, Turbo Porsches can sometimes display that annoying startup smoke syndrome. Meaning, during cold starts, you get that puff of smoke and often after driving it hard, parking it and re-starting it andso on. Well, with no cats it all, the smoke can be more obvious/pronounce, but it goes away very quickly…it’s no biggie;it’s just the nature of these engines, but just putting it out there in case some are not aware.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 12-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Banned
what about the environmemt? lol.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Somy has a spectacular aura aboutSomy has a spectacular aura about
Love it!

I went straight pipes too and I crave hearing my car every few days! Hearing the baby boosta turbos is awesome When not in boost it sounds like a bad *** NA Porsche so WIN WIN!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Straight pipes