6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Best way to add Bluetooth on 2007 Turbo (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/380919-best-way-add-bluetooth-2007-turbo.html)

charlie1 01-10-2016 11:06 AM

Best way to add Bluetooth on 2007 Turbo

What is the best way to add Bluetooth to my 2007 997 Turbo w/o changing the stock radio/nav unit that came in the car. Thanks for any help!

yah996 01-10-2016 11:26 AM

One of a working solution is the Dension 500s BT. The current versions getting better...

Dennis C 01-10-2016 11:30 AM

Another is the Mobridge M2 Pro. I've got one and it works very well for adding Bluetooth telephone connectivity as well as Bluetooth streaming for Pandora, Spotify, XM, etc.

xbox_fan 01-10-2016 01:34 PM

I have a Dension unit, its true the latest fw has improved things but,

The handsfree is horrible (sound quality for whomever you talk to)
I use it only for Spotify streaming, so its a bit pricy at 400€

I would try something simpler like the TranzitBlue before the Dension or Mobridge.

SidePieceRacing 01-10-2016 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by charlie1 (Post 4453539)
What is the best way to add Bluetooth to my 2007 997 Turbo w/o changing the stock radio/nav unit that came in the car. Thanks for any help!

I bought my car used and it already had an aftermarket iPod adapter and Motorola Bluetooth for cellphone in it. Using a ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000 plugged into the ipod adapter my android phone streams audio great.

dsurovcik 01-11-2016 05:11 AM

Installed a tranzit blue system and was very happy with it. You can buy everything you need (tranzit kit and the harnesses) from Amazon which had better pricing than say a Best Buy. Install is pretty straight forward and took about an hour or so. There is a phone app that makes setup and connection pretty straightforward.

RON1X 01-11-2016 02:15 PM

I bought my car and it had some sort of aux audio input jacks in the glove box. I found a wireless bluetooth module ("MPOW" Mini Bluetooth 4.0 Receiver) for $17 shipped on Amazon that has a single aux output, but replaced it with a y cable for the audio inputs to the car (red/white). Unfortunately you have to recharge it (no usb in glove box), but I've had it in my car for 2 months and have yet to recharge. The sound is perfect. I know it may be apples to oranges, but in case you have an existing input somewhere, there are cheap options out there that work very well.

HIX 01-11-2016 02:39 PM

I was about to post about the MPOW system. It is super cheap and works really well. My dad had it in his Boxter and got me one for Christmas. It costs less than $30 and works great.

elite1 01-11-2016 10:15 PM

Tranzit Blue for me. Have it in my 911 and Cayenne. I now can stop stealing music and just stream it with Spotify and Slacker. I can also use Siri with it. (useful when driving.)

Hands free, is okay. Phone always sounds better off speaker anyway. 911 is so loud, I didn't even mount the mic.

charlie1 01-12-2016 05:32 PM

Thanks for all the input guys!!

roketman 01-13-2016 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by dsurovcik (Post 4453864)
Installed a tranzit blue system and was very happy with it. You can buy everything you need (tranzit kit and the harnesses) from Amazon which had better pricing than say a Best Buy. Install is pretty straight forward and took about an hour or so. There is a phone app that makes setup and connection pretty straightforward.

I agree on the Transit blu

Matthew_Jones 01-25-2016 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by roketman (Post 4455265)
I agree on the Transit blu

Absolutely buy the Tranzit Blu HF. I used 702 Motoring on Ebay because they knew the adapters needed. Best $90 I've spent on the 997 Turbo yet. Only takes an hour or so to get it installed. Good luck!

The Bogg 01-25-2016 08:35 AM

Is the tranzit blue a self-install in an hour or it takes a pro an hour to put it in?

TypeRx 01-25-2016 08:52 AM

It is an easy DIY if you have any experience working on cars / electronics. Getting the OEM head unit out just takes a few very simple steps and then it is a couple simple splices/connections to the wiring harness (and plugging in the antenna wiring). Then it is just a matter of how you want to run the wiring for the microphone and talk button.

There are some different Tranzit models out there -- get the Blu HF, even if you aren't planning on using the handsfree speakerphone. I bought mine from the same seller on Ebay mentioned above.

There is an excellent DIY that ilko posted on this site a while back. I think it was in the 997 section and he has/had an orange GT3. You can search for it.

Matthew_Jones 01-25-2016 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Bogg (Post 4461131)
Is the tranzit blue a self-install in an hour or it takes a pro an hour to put it in?

Agreed with TypeRx. I did the installation myself and had no issues. Taking out the PCM takes a bit of knowledge that can easily be gained from YouTube. You need to splice into 2 wires (12V acc and ground) in the factory wiring harness, but aside from that it is plug and play. Not sure how much a shop would charge you, but I think it was well worth doing myself.