997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Personal Car Thread-997.2 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 01:56 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
Congratz Mitch, car looks awesome! It's a pleasure working together

Old 08-31-2016, 06:33 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Nice, great mods and nice whp!! Love white, but I am bias.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:55 AM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold
Very nice car and color combo, Mitch. Enjoy it!

Old 08-31-2016, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
The wheels man!

Old 08-31-2016, 04:21 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice!

Old 08-31-2016, 06:46 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Mitch,

Had not seen this thread, super clean man...love the white/black combination ;-)

Manuel

Old 08-31-2016, 06:52 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
Been a dream to go to COTA! Had a trip planned and then something came up. Definitely get out there if you can. Straight line is whatever for 15 seconds...so what. COTA you can go ***** out for 30 minutes straight on one of the best tracks in the world.

Actually it's interesting. The more I track this car, the less power I want out of it. Too much power has been upsetting it. Tricky to deal with a turbo car with a lot of power. I think I need a dedicated track car and a separate dedicated airstrip car. Not one that does both. The 991 is just sitting...so I'm thinking...
I use my .2 for the road course as well. It's a great car and great platform, still very fast on the course despite there are faster cars out there now (991 GT3's etc). I've had no issues at all with it on a custom tune. Trans holding well, engine has been flawless, and all the temps have been rock steady.

You can look into TPC's suspension products if you feel the need to mod. The wide track kit, sways, and DSC has been nothing short of spectacular. I haven't even lowered it. Tom @ TPC also is awesome at customer service, if not the best I've ever dealt with after spending $300k+ on mods alone on various platforms.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:52 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Nice ride Mitch!!! I didn't know it was your own personal car that has been the development car for Cobb. Nice one. Makes me feel better that you have your own skin in the game!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:08 PM
Someone really needs to quantify whether headers give gains versus exhaust alone!! You'd be the perfect candidate Mitch!

Old 08-31-2016, 08:23 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by changster
Someone really needs to quantify whether headers give gains versus exhaust alone!! You'd be the perfect candidate Mitch!
Yes please do inquiring minds want to know.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:47 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by changster
I use my .2 for the road course as well. It's a great car and great platform, still very fast on the course despite there are faster cars out there now (991 GT3's etc). I've had no issues at all with it on a custom tune. Trans holding well, engine has been flawless, and all the temps have been rock steady. You can look into TPC's suspension products if you feel the need to mod. The wide track kit, sways, and DSC has been nothing short of spectacular. I haven't even lowered it. Tom @ TPC also is awesome at customer service, if not the best I've ever dealt with after spending $300k+ on mods alone on various platforms.
800 hp from upgraded fuel system (140 1/4 mile trap) too much even for a 997.2 with a full GMG suspension build.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:53 PM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
Get some clips of the exhaust! Nice numbers with minimal mods and 91 octane.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:30 PM
800 hp from upgraded fuel system (140 1/4 mile trap) too much even for a 997.2 with a full GMG suspension build.
hahah... yeah... what tires are you running for the track?

Old 08-31-2016, 11:03 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Actually it's interesting. The more I track this car, the less power I want out of it. Too much power has been upsetting it. Tricky to deal with a turbo car with a lot of power. I think I need a dedicated track car and a separate dedicated airstrip car. Not one that does both. The 991 is just sitting...so I'm thinking...
Great statement!

Initially, I thought 1000HP would do it if i were to blow every turn but, When a 200HP boxer runs you down, you realize that there's a lot more to this game then HP and its the HP that may be causing you to blow the turns. When you back it off a little, you will turn a faster lap and also be more relaxed doing it!

I have a meek 600HP and love how the car pulls to red in 5th gear. Not sure i need more when i spend most my time at the track in 2nd and 3rd gear.

My Cobb tune allows me to control the level of aggressiveness. Im sure Mitch could provide a boxer tune so i would have the disadvantage by weight at the track. Maybe that's the key?

Old 09-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words guys! I really love the car a lot, it really has been my favorite car I have owned yet.

I might see if we can do a header comparison, we shall see. I have about a million things going on but I might see if I can convince Jon to do a test.

Thanks guys!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Personal Car Thread-997.2 Turbo