997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

-Build Thread- 997.2TT by ESmotor

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:06 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
where did you get these crazy skills ? I cant even change the oil

Old 11-24-2016, 05:22 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Great job man. Looking great!

Soon I'll start working on mine once I put it up for the winter. Already switched back to 93oct from E85. Feels like a dog now lol
thanks man.
what are your plans?

Old 11-24-2016, 05:24 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
where did you get these crazy skills ? I cant even change the oil
it's my first time ever to tackle something this extensive . but hey, that's what brains are for loool

Old 11-24-2016, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by IMI A
I tell you what that meth kit install neater than most shops here in the UK do. Top notch job.
no way!! really?

the installation so far us all my own ideas .

I'm happy aboutthe comment lol

Old 11-24-2016, 08:48 AM
No really I'm not kidding. I've seen a typical instal from some big name tuners and its only what can be described as a mess. The issue is often its just a kit sold like you have bought and then a local shop fits it. No QC. Can't wait to hear about the results.

well... I'm sure no one will care more than who actually owns the car!..

I'm taking my time to think abd plan things before execution . .. especially the meth kit.
as there's not a documented DIY or detsils on best practices of routes and install points on 997.2

I'll do the DIY when I'm done. and I'll share lesson learned

Old 11-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Well worth spending the time doing it right like yours - I'm sorry to say I've even seen a few meth installations that are fire hazards !
thanks for the encouragement mate!

can you point out common issues or mistakes you saw so I avoid them ??

I've routed the feed line from the pump along the fuel lines, then when reached the engine bay, I went close and touching the hot coolant return pipe. not sure if that's ok or not... but I did do little aluminium foil tape on the nylon hose.. and from what I've been told, the hose is heat proof.

advise please with whatever knowledge you've got

thanks again

Old 11-24-2016, 02:51 PM

thanks mate

i appreciate it

Old 11-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Progress report number 6 , 25 Nov 2016

ok, today I was determined to turn on the engine... which I did

what's accomplished:
1. fixed IPD plenum, I didn't see a peoper DIY for installing it... but I've figured a way that was super easy... just lube the silicone hoses and push them all the way on the plenum... then position it on the intake manifolds and slide them over... that's it!

2. installed do88 intercoolers, straight forward, just followed the provided instructions .

3. installed the Throttle body, do88 Ypipe and the rest of the silicone hoses from turbo to inter cooler and from intercooler to Ypipe.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:26 PM
And this is a quick and dirty video of how it sounds with Speedtech catless exhaust and ESmotor headers

https://youtu.be/IrIsjKSmAQg

Old 11-26-2016, 01:16 AM
Old 11-26-2016, 06:33 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oettinger
thanks man. what are your plans?
Looking to do upgraded VTGs and possibly tweak exhaust for more flow. Car is essentially full bolt on minus turbos right now.

One day hope to build an engine on the side for it and go ~GT30 type turbos for 1k HP. Need to find a donor engine first.

Looking forward to see how your car turns out. Good luck

Old 11-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Looking to do upgraded VTGs and possibly tweak exhaust for more flow. Car is essentially full bolt on minus turbos right now.

One day hope to build an engine on the side for it and go ~GT30 type turbos for 1k HP. Need to find a donor engine first.

Looking forward to see how your car turns out. Good luck

I hope you get there soon

My car is also full bolt ons with stock turbos

Now I'm starting the methanol system hook up and the PDK tune

Old 11-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
fun thread to follow - keep up the great work, coming together nicely!

Old 11-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Progress report number 7, 29 Nov 2016

hey all!

I was quite busy with work lately so I didn't put much progress .

but I'm pleased . I've done the following today:

1. I've stripped the interior at the back plus the two B/C pillars panels. removed also the carpet on the driver side to prepare to take out the PDK TCU.
2. ran the FAV wire and flow sensing wire from the engine bay inside to the cabin
3. ran the pump control wire from the trunk at the front to the back seat area. the HFS4 controler will be mounted behind the rear passenger side speaker. it's a tip I've got from friends to be able to access it when needed by only removing the speaker.
4. started thinking about the position and arrangements of pump and tank at the trunk.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Next few days is wiring to ecu for the Aquamist.

PDK TCU is being shipped now for a tune

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.