997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Meztger price trend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:04 AM
NoJoke is on a distinguished road
Meztger price trend

Hate to say it gents but the price trend has taken a turn downwards. My theory is when Porsche turbocharged everything is when it deflated. I was on the fence about keeping it stock but now it's time to turn it up. I'm located around the Philly area, any tuning shops recommended?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !
We're located in central NJ about an hour from philly. Give us a call or email

Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
The Metzgteger Factor, if there is one, will probably come into its own in 5/10/15 years, not February 2017 or whatever. Until 2012-13, nobody thought 930s were going to go crazy either. 911s will probably eventually be electrics or hybrids and that's when clean unmodified 997s will really take off, I'd wager.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Bskyoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NoJoke
Hate to say it gents but the price trend has taken a turn downwards. My theory is when Porsche turbocharged everything is when it deflated. I was on the fence about keeping it stock but now it's time to turn it up. I'm located around the Philly area, any tuning shops recommended?
After babying my car for a few months and telling my wife it's the last year of this engine, etc, etc. She gave me the best advice, "stop worrying and just enjoy your car." An unblemished 930 is extremely valuable right now but someone had to stare at that thing for 10-20 years wondering if that Friday night was the night to put a few miles on it. The 997tt is by far the most fun I've had in a car in every way possible, you get one life and some things are more important than $$. Either way the market goes, I agree, let the mods begin!!*

*Unless tomorrow the values shoot up, I have all my stock parts ready to go.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bskyoon

keeping stock parts is always a good idea anyway, can always go back to stock when selling. it is more work but you will get more money back and the car will be more desirable stock.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Edgemonty007 has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemonty007 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bskyoon
After babying my car for a few months and telling my wife it's the last year of this engine, etc, etc. She gave me the best advice, "stop worrying and just enjoy your car." An unblemished 930 is extremely valuable right now but someone had to stare at that thing for 10-20 years wondering if that Friday night was the night to put a few miles on it. The 997tt is by far the most fun I've had in a car in every way possible, you get one life and some things are more important than $$. Either way the market goes, I agree, let the mods begin!!*

Amen to that. Enjoy the hell out of it. Its just money. LOL

Old 01-19-2017, 06:32 AM
dangeris is on a distinguished road
I agree. At any given time, something (God Forbid) can happen and in the end, the car is ..well..just a car. Like EdgeMonty007 said, it's only money. You can't take it with you.

To the OP.. I live near King of Prussia and belong to Riesentoter PCA. there's AWE tuning in Hatfield PA and of course Fabspeed in Fort Wasington. They're big shops which obviously will charge more. Possum Hollow in Phoenixville PA does incredible work too. Ask for Bill. He'll take care of you!

Old 01-19-2017, 11:45 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
I just can't leave any of my cars stock. I always have to maximize power and have fun with it. I've had a 930, Supra TT among others at a time I never thought would go up in price. In the end, we all need to enjoy these cars while they are in our possession since we don't know what the future holds.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:18 PM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
It's Mezger.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:47 PM
NoJoke is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4ocious
It's Mezger.
You're right...once I saw a $10k price drop from being sideways for a couple years I lost my sense of spell.

Thank You Prodigymb, AIMperformance and the rest of the members for their input; much appreciated.

My goals at this point is not to have the highest revving/horsepower car but I would like to have the broadest curve. Not sure if that means more efficient turbo's or adding a third turbo/supercharger(if there is space); if the experts want to chime in.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:55 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
I'd go 3rd turbo. There's space under the exhaust between it and the road. Put a big f'ing honker down there, split the plumbing off the hot side to feed the other two.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:03 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by NoJoke
TPC did my 997 when I burned a stock turbo. Near Baltimore. Highly recommended. IC, exhaust, modified stock turbos, 610 at wheel HP (7xxHP at crank). Runs better than stock/streetable, and huge HP hit. Great car to drive. Who cares what I may be worth one day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.