997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Insurance ? Company, price, separate policy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:52 AM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
Insurance ? Company, price, separate policy

THANKS for helping with my soon to be purchase. Next question, who are you using for insurance, is it the same company that insures the rest of your cars also, do you have it on the same policy as your kids cars. I don't know if I can save money by having a separate policy in just my name. Are you using an aftermarket company for speciality cars, with good rates. thanks guys and pics will follow after all is done.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:14 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
all of my cars are on the same policy/same carrier.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:23 AM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
I found that Amerprise, through Costco, was the best rate. They do not have a competitive rate for a homeowners policy so I therefore have a package policy with one company and 2 cars insured with Amerprise.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:41 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
State Farm for me, they have my house, cars, personal articles and umbrella policies-- solid claims service experience in the past . . . KH

Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
State Farm for me for everything.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:39 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Agree with a couple others here..specifically with a higher end car, I would be cautious with just finding the cheapest insurance...All good until you have a problem.

Would go with a reputable and financially sound company.

Good luck,
DC

Old 02-16-2017, 10:59 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I also use State Farm for everything. My advice is to speak with your current agent.

Communication is key in regards to meeting your expectations. Most will work for your business if they feel it is at risk due to a simple adjustment.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
What are your annual premiums? I used Hagerty for my Viper which you state the value of the car, they vet it with pictures and then give you a premium.

For example, I said if anything were to happen, I want $55K for the car. They asked for a bunch of documentation, pictures of the car, mod list, etc and then they approved it. Premium was little less than $1,000/mo. Trying to see how that compares to the Turbos.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:56 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HardHitter
What are your annual premiums?
These questions are always difficult as the answer is always coverage dependent. I carry 250/500/100 for liability (etc) and 500/1000 deductibles; I pay $1300/year for my 2013 if that is helpful at all . . . KH

Old 02-18-2017, 07:38 AM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
I use PURE for everything.

250/500 and $1,000 deductible... $850/year

I like PURE, bc all cars have an agreed value, so never a question on what they will pay. They also provide a similar car if you get in a wreck. You will not get a Porsche, but you can request a luxury.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HardHitter
What are your annual premiums? I used Hagerty for my Viper which you state the value of the car, they vet it with pictures and then give you a premium.

For example, I said if anything were to happen, I want $55K for the car. They asked for a bunch of documentation, pictures of the car, mod list, etc and then they approved it. Premium was little less than $1,000/mo. Trying to see how that compares to the Turbos.
$1000/month for Viper insurance? Wow! I hope that car is showing you one helluva good time!

To insure my 2002 Boxster and 2003 Turbo here in CALI I pay $1800/year. My work commute is 60 miles round trip.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:22 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
cali prices and PA prices are going to be way different. I'm in NY and with three cars (benz,porsche and truck) on my liberty mutual policy I pay 2800 a year. 250/500/100 with 500 deductible.full glass ,rental and towing.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:30 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
In NJ, GEICO was by far the least expensive. The range of quotes I received this year varied so much it was astonishing. Check out GEICO. I had Costco and Hartford before, GEICO is much less. I have one provider for car insurance.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:06 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
I have USAA, no idea what I pay to be honest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.