997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 - 100-200kph in the 4's with bolts-ons ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 09:19 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
997.2 - 100-200kph in the 4's with bolts-ons ?

Well it took a lot of slope (-2.7%) but it happened....barely haha.

This one wasn't from an airstrip event - it was from a private road where I do testing. Using pump 91 gas with meth. Not tuned for meth...just for octane and cooling.

Cheers.

Attached Images  

Last edited by longboarder; 03-18-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:15 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Very impressive numbers.. almost makes we want to sell my 6MT and get a PDK

Old 03-14-2017, 11:15 AM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Fast as usual!

Old 03-15-2017, 07:46 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by saabin
Very impressive numbers.. almost makes we want to sell my 6MT and get a PDK
Keep the MT and get a PDK for a daily

Originally Posted by jazzwu
Fast as usual!
Thx even after years of owning this thing, it's still unreal how quick this car is at low speeds. Makes very good use of its power like no other car. Over 120 it slows but that's expected as it's only making around 600 to the ground. Although the vbox verify HP calculator is telling me it's over 700 wheel which just goes to show how much the PDK and efficient drivetrain means in accel results.

Just checked the few runs on my 991 which has upgraded turbos but no meth and looks like my best is 5.2 (for now) with a bit less slope. And because it's bigger it doesn't feel anywhere near as fast as the 997 until it gets in the triple digits.

997.2 PDK is the bargain of all supercars right now.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:05 AM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by longboarder
Keep the MT and get a PDK for a daily

Thx even after years of owning this thing, it's still unreal how quick this car is at low speeds. Makes very good use of its power like no other car. Over 120 it slows but that's expected as it's only making around 600 to the ground. Although the vbox verify HP calculator is telling me it's over 700 wheel which just goes to show how much the PDK and efficient drivetrain means in accel results.

Just checked the few runs on my 991 which has upgraded turbos but no meth and looks like my best is 5.2 (for now) with a bit less slope. And because it's bigger it doesn't feel anywhere near as fast as the 997 until it gets in the triple digits.

997.2 PDK is the bargain of all supercars right now.
Heh well your 1/2 mile time speaks all and that trap speed isn't exactly slow either. Haven't you done over 170 mph before?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
That is really really fast, congrats.

Separate question - which racing fuel can I use on the 997.2 for a race gas tune? I don't want to use meth. I just want to add it into the tank. MS109? MS109E?

Can the 997.2 fuel system take oxygenated fuels or fuels with MTBE in them?

Old 03-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by jazzwu
Heh well your 1/2 mile time speaks all and that trap speed isn't exactly slow either. Haven't you done over 170 mph before?
I was doing mid-160's a few weekends ago at Shift Sector until meth stopped flowing then was down to low 160's. I've been as high as 167.4 there using MS109+meth. At another event I was doing mid-160's as well but as DA dropped toward the end of the day I was doing 169's and then my last run vs a 918 I did a 172.4.

Originally Posted by changster
That is really really fast, congrats.

Separate question - which racing fuel can I use on the 997.2 for a race gas tune? I don't want to use meth. I just want to add it into the tank. MS109? MS109E?

Can the 997.2 fuel system take oxygenated fuels or fuels with MTBE in them?
Thx I think MS109 is good stuff as it is oxygenated and around 103 motor octane from what I remember. My car seems to also like Torco oxygenated 99 which is 95 motor octane. It's not the can Torco but the actual race gas. That's what I had in my car at shift sector and when meth stopped flowing it still worked great even on my race map which requires 100 octane.

While I don't get huge improvement with race gas over pump (because of the meth), I like race gas because it has zero ethanol and so has a higher fuel capacity. If DA is too low and I'm using pump 91+ meth, it is possible for me to exceed the fuel system limits because of the 10% level of ethanol in our pump 91. It happened in January when I tried to do some runs when it was really cold.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:42 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Awesome number and performance man!!!

So happy to see this.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Awesome number and performance man!!!

So happy to see this.

Thx brother you motivated me to try

Let's see you get into the 3's!!!!

Old 03-17-2017, 03:19 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thx brother you motivated me to try

Let's see you get into the 3's!!!!
Honestly... I would like to see you first into 3.xx

Thanks and keep it up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.