997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 bolt-ons with pump 91+meth 10.20@138.9 (Fontana)

Old 04-25-2017, 08:33 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TighTT
I don't know anything about what Adam is talking about!! =)

I have Adam's East Coast clone (9 second Champion car). I'm sure one day I'll get walked by a 991TTS at one point or another...but I've gone up against dozens of them from lightly mod'd all the way to stage 4 big turbo cars and have yet to be beaten. Wet track...no prep:

East coast Adam represent! Same name same car same mods, and of course same results!

Old 04-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Mark, what's up bro. Don't confuse the launch with a full half mile race. I was asked about the launch. And I responded about the launch. On a clean hit on an airstrip surface can any 991 with equivalent tires out launch (0-60, 0-100 whatever) my 997.2? That's what I commented on. Hell a 918 couldn't out launch my car. Or a low 9 second GTR drag prepped with DRs on all 4's. And I have cameras all around on my race with your car. That is, if you want to see that I didn't jump.
Adam, I'm sure you didn't jump but it wasn't an even start for one reason or another. There isn't a 997.2 FBO+ meth in this country that has put up numbers even close to what my car has done in the 1/4 mile on multiple tracks in the middle of summer.

Adam is a cool dude I'm not here to argue, his car has beat mine many times in the past while I was running less mods it's fast as hell and launches hard. We are hitting Sacramento raceway April 13th so anyone here is welcome to show up it's always fun with more P cars.

So so all you guys with 9 second tunes that have never been beat and super duper fast 5.3 sec 60-130 vbox numbers that only trap 137 are welcome but FYI the track is flat it doesn't have a -10% slope,

Old 04-25-2017, 08:47 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Many people underestimate a 997. 2turbo PDK with simple add ons!!

Refer to my build thread. Home project that tuned right... tuned by Emre at ESmotor

I'm clocking 4.6s 100 to 200 kph
And my 60 to 130mph was 5.3

On a very hot day my car is 0.3s slowe only!

My best quarter mile with all stock suspension and half life Cup2 tire was 10.230s @ 220kph (137.5mph)

So yes, Adam's car is real! Plus he mastered launching it!!

Go Go Go Adam! I wana see that race with camera pointed backwards lool
Heck yeah Ali similar mods and results! Although I can't touch your mid-range 100-200 or 60-130 results those are epic. Let's get you some r888's and see what you can do with proper tires

Old 04-26-2017, 04:54 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Adam, I'm sure you didn't jump but it wasn't an even start for one reason or another. There isn't a 997.2 FBO+ meth in this country that has put up numbers even close to what my car has done in the 1/4 mile on multiple tracks in the middle of summer.

Adam is a cool dude I'm not here to argue, his car has beat mine many times in the past while I was running less mods it's fast as hell and launches hard. We are hitting Sacramento raceway April 13th so anyone here is welcome to show up it's always fun with more P cars.

So so all you guys with 9 second tunes that have never been beat and super duper fast 5.3 sec 60-130 vbox numbers that only trap 137 are welcome but FYI the track is flat it doesn't have a -10% slope,
April 13th? As in 13 days ago?

Old 04-26-2017, 06:34 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
April 13th? As in 13 days ago?
Sorry my bad I've worked to many hours this year May 13th

Old 04-26-2017, 07:30 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell

Man come on

I live in a flat *** country.. Saudi Arabia.
All my runs are on 0% slope and I got it vbox verified.
I can email you even my .dbn file

And I bet Adam is gonna beat your *** bro

Old 04-26-2017, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Man come on

I live in a flat *** country.. Saudi Arabia.
All my runs are on 0% slope and I got it vbox verified.
I can email you even my .dbn file

And I bet Adam is gonna beat your *** bro

i only made the comment as there is no way a vbox time like that equals a 137mph in the 1/4 it doesn't add up. Adams car doesn't even come close to your 60-130 and traps 138 or 139, something is Way off.

And who Knows Adam has beat me almost every time we have lined up he's got a good chance of doing it again. Adam and I get along real good so sorry if this went a little sideways I'm just competitive in everything I do so when my car was mention a few times I felt it my duty to respond

cheers

Old 04-26-2017, 08:35 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Yes
Respond and be competitive and have fun!

Bottom like, I didn't test my car yet on launches like Adam's.

And I've stock suspension and half life cup2 tires. And on not the latest iteration of my tune I did the 10.230s run at 137.5mph... car was spinning tires on even 3rd gear!

And since the drag strip isn't close by or why I built the car (did the project myseld at home) I was focused on roll results . It's what we mostly race here.

So my mid range and top end are good

Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Both you guys have beastly cars that that are making waaaay more power than mine. Glad we have guys like you pushing both the 997.2 and 991 platforms and racing against the competition. Ali - looking forward to seeing your roll race results from this upcoming weekend brother.

Mark I'm sure your car will be posting some insane numbers at both the drag and airstrip. I'd love to try Sacramento with that DA and prep using my drag radials. No way I'd post anything close to your numbers but surely I could do personal bests ET and trap.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche forum = classy

Vette forum this would be an awful flame war. So dumb.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:48 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche forum = classy

That is 100% accurate!!! I still argue with those fools on there and I don't even own a Corvette anymore. I like this forum because we can agree to disagree and be respectful about it. Good conversations and fast cars!

Old 04-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Porsche forum = classy

Amen to that! Everyone here has lots of pride in their cars, personal efforts and tuners. Competitive fun is always good and opinions are not going to always line up but fun is the name of the game. I always also appreciate everyone's great attitudes in the end. It is indeed possible for everyone to get along that way once the dust settles LOL sometimes there's more "dust" or sensitivity than others as a result of lots of efforts but this was no big deal. Look at all the fast numbers with different set ups and tuners! Cheers to everyone on here and let's keep pushing!

Old 04-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
That is 100% accurate!!! I still argue with those fools on there and I don't even own a Corvette anymore. I like this forum because we can agree to disagree and be respectful about it. Good conversations and fast cars!
It's very true and sad at the same time. I love Corvettes and always have since I was little and my dad had one. I also love 911 Turbos. They are my two favorite cars. Hopefully soon I will be in position to be able to afford both. I don't want to get rid of one platform to purchase the other.

I fully agree though that this board (minus the E gear nonsense ) is much more of a fun place to hang out. Here people share info and real performance data and over there we call each other asshats and argue which wax is better. It's so sad lol

Old 04-26-2017, 11:25 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
It's very true and sad at the same time. I love Corvettes and always have since I was little and my dad had one. I also love 911 Turbos. They are my two favorite cars. Hopefully soon I will be in position to be able to afford both. I don't want to get rid of one platform to purchase the other.

I fully agree though that this board (minus the E gear nonsense ) is much more of a fun place to hang out. Here people share info and real performance data and over there we call each other asshats and argue which wax is better. It's so sad lol
^ funniest thing I've read all day...

Old 04-26-2017, 11:48 AM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
i think people are forgetting how racing works. consistancy is key. I dont have a dog in this fight, but Adam has every advantage.

BUT
compare your 60's off and on track, slip or vbox. its that easy. has a 991 done better than the 1.5x adam posted?

if you go merely by video, then its 99% driver as that pertains to reaction time, which again, adam is racing heads up and like to race that way, however, the person in the other lane may not be.

3rd, a 5.3 60-130 is COMPLETELY believable from a pdk car awd car that "only" traps 137-139

Having fast car and driving it fast are not the same. Having the fastest car does not make one the most knowledgeable about racing.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.