997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rix 997.1 Turbo Project 121

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 03:48 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
It's right around 27psi.
thats awesome , can not wait to test mine

Old 10-18-2017, 07:12 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Solid well done build, been enjoying the read and learned a few things. Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-18-2017, 03:11 PM
easy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant future
Did I miss the dyno charts/results and 60-130?

Old 10-18-2017, 03:18 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by easy2speed
Did I miss the dyno charts/results and 60-130?
It hasn't really been on the dyno turned up, although it did make 1111 on a dynojet. I thought I posted a graph somewhere in here.

All of the tuning/data has been at Texas Invitational roll races, which start from 60mph so I don't really have any 60-130 data yet. Planning on taking it to the half mile November 11th so I will have more info then.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:41 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
To do a 60-130, you need to start at more like 50. Just hitting the throttle around 60 doesn't give you a good 60-130.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:03 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
+1
And I would say Rix's 100-150 will be improved as well when dedicated run.

My guess regarding his built/power is low 4' at the both runs 60-130 and 100-150.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:01 PM
trbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud of
Not sure but it may not be at full spool or acceleration until past 60 though to get a good 60-130 number. Looking forward to seeing it though but I think 100-150 is a much better indicator in bigger turbo builds like this one.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:40 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Since I'm accelerating to 60-65mph, then holding for 3-5 seconds and then going it gives fairly useless numbers for 60-130. I could've done 100-150 with one shift instead of two for a faster time as well. Thought it was worth sharing still.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:18 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Looks like a fun event i love these formats ,so it's basically a rolling 1/2 mile ,we've got 2 events over the next 2 weekends here in SoCal, next week is Shift sector which is a standing half mile ,unless you wanna roll some one, you roll to the cone & go but thats less than a 1/2 mile as the roll zone is part of the 1/2 mile .Then the week after next weekend is No Fly Zone event which is appears to be the same as your guys event with rolling half mile ,with the roll zone not included in the 1/2 mile.You get higher traps in the rolling 1/2 mile seems to be about 5 to 7 mph faster for me ,i just got a new turbo set up so interested to see where i'm at now ,previously i was 169 mph standing 1/2 & 176 rolling half ,i got some new GT2 68mm modified vtg turbos installed this week.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:40 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
Looks like a fun event i love these formats ,so it's basically a rolling 1/2 mile ,we've got 2 events over the next 2 weekends here in SoCal, next week is Shift sector which is a standing half mile ,unless you wanna roll some one, you roll to the cone & go but thats less than a 1/2 mile as the roll zone is part of the 1/2 mile .Then the week after next weekend is No Fly Zone event which is appears to be the same as your guys event with rolling half mile ,with the roll zone not included in the 1/2 mile.You get higher traps in the rolling 1/2 mile seems to be about 5 to 7 mph faster for me ,i just got a new turbo set up so interested to see where i'm at now ,previously i was 169 mph standing 1/2 & 176 rolling half ,i got some new GT2 68mm modified vtg turbos installed this week.
Are the new ones also Champion 68s? I'm interested in hearing what you think about them as I have the regular Champion 68s.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:39 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Good luck at the upcoming events

What sort of crank hp power have BBi rated your beast at? Also have you done your rods yet?
I was told 780hp on the dyno but dialed down to 750 to keep it safe & not hitting to hard ,stock rods.Bbi guys know there stuff & start conservative ,probably still some dailing in at the event with some data logging ,these guys show up & support there cars at these events.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Are the new ones also Champion 68s? I'm interested in hearing what you think about them as I have the regular Champion 68s.
No Gt2 cores sent out to Tial for htz 68 mm ,not sure of all the details the BBI guys did the specs for them,also the latest ERP clutch revision as apparently the old one wouldn't shift with the Hp # & an LSD guard diff while i was in there.

I'll post a new thread after the events.

Last edited by twturbo; 10-23-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:41 AM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your great build really enjoyed the progress of building your dream machine..This is a great thread for info and have seen your steps that I can learn from.. question on torque delivery do you have pump gas dyno were we can see your spool rate and throttle response.. even if limits are kept @950 would be nice to see how fast you get up there.. keep up the good work..
john

Old 10-25-2017, 05:34 PM
rix
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Congrats on your great build really enjoyed the progress of building your dream machine..This is a great thread for info and have seen your steps that I can learn from.. question on torque delivery do you have pump gas dyno were we can see your spool rate and throttle response.. even if limits are kept @950 would be nice to see how fast you get up there.. keep up the good work..
john
Turbos hit around 4k but the torque limiting sacrifices some power. It hits peak torque around 5,000rpm and does it really smoothly. It's great for traction, but the car would be quicker if I could just let it go.

Here's the 93 octane dyno graph. Because I have the M&W Ignition they didn't have the right tach adapter to get RPM on the dyno, but you can do a little math (T =(hp * rpm)/5252) to figure out torque at any given point in the graph.

pump gas dyno pull

Old 10-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Realife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud of
Very nice and consistent 93 octane dyno graph!

to what rpm you limited this pull?

Old 10-26-2017, 05:12 AM
rix
Originally Posted by Realife
Very nice and consistent 93 octane dyno graph!

to what rpm you limited this pull?
7200-7300 I think.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Rix 997.1 Turbo Project 121