997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Current DRL options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 08:56 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Current DRL options?

Did they ever perfect the 997 Turbo DRL? I had a hell of a time getting them to work right 10 years ago.. from error codes to lights going out etc. What are the options these days? I had the ones that replaced the turn signal LEDs... can’t remember the brand, but wasn’t cheap. What’s everyone doing, if anything?

Old 08-05-2020, 05:09 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !

Yea not sure of the brand i have but i got the ones from 10 yrs ago lol ,when they 1st came out i got them from Vivid back then & wanna say about $1k at the time & have had zero issues in 10 yrs ,the lenses just need to be refinished but thats it ,i really like having them .

Last edited by twturbo; 08-11-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:23 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by twturbo
Yea not sure of the brand i have but i got the ones from 10 yrs ago lol ,when they 1st came out i got them from Viivid back then & wanna say about $1k at the time & have had zero issues in 10 yrs ,the lenses just need to be refinished but thats it ,i really like having them .
Those still look really good for 10 years. I feel like I got mine from vivid as well... but I had all sorts of problems with them on my 07 and worse on my 09... and I'd rather not go through that again.

Guess I was curious if any other options came along.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:12 PM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
I have a pair of the Vivid ones on my car. They came installed from the PO, and work fine. Lenses are hazy and will not clean up well.

They used cheap plastic.

Likely going to get rid of them and go back OEM.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by 997TTEQNY
I have a pair of the Vivid ones on my car. They came installed from the PO, and work fine. Lenses are hazy and will not clean up well.

They used cheap plastic.

Likely going to get rid of them and go back OEM.
Gotcha.. would be nice if there was some other option for a DRL... I just flip my parking and fogs on atm...

Old 08-11-2020, 08:09 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Mine work well but the yellowing of the plastic is really annoying. Not annoying enough to go through the trouble of reverting back to stock though, lol. I'm having my car detailed next week and they will try to buff out the yellow. Fingers crossed....

Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Mine work well but the yellowing of the plastic is really annoying. Not annoying enough to go through the trouble of reverting back to stock though, lol. I'm having my car detailed next week and they will try to buff out the yellow. Fingers crossed....
Yea thats my plan also let us know how that goes, mine look great while there on but like crap when there off.

Old 08-13-2020, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by twturbo
Yea thats my plan also let us know how that goes, mine look great while there on but like crap when there off.
I had all sorts of issues with them working back in 2010... they wouldn't light up, or the color was off or it threw error codes, etc etc etc. I gave up. Figured someone would have perfected something by now. Just want higher visibility when I'm out driving...

Old 08-19-2020, 05:48 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Looks like it didn't have much effect. My detailer says the yellowing is coming from the inside. Oh well.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:19 PM
Looks like it didn't have much effect. My detailer says the yellowing is coming from the inside. Oh well.
Thanks Bogg & bummer

Old 12-30-2020, 09:55 AM
I was googling for other options and came across these:

Porsche 997 Turbo LED Daytime Running Light Turn Signals | NR Automobile Accessories

Anyone buy from this company? Wonder if they are the same as the Vivid ones. The yellowing on my Vivid ones makes my car look oooooooold. Not sure I want to spend the $$ to replace them, but thinking about it, lol.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:31 PM
I was googling for other options and came across these:

Porsche 997 Turbo LED Daytime Running Light Turn Signals | NR Automobile Accessories

Anyone buy from this company? Wonder if they are the same as the Vivid ones. The yellowing on my Vivid ones makes my car look oooooooold. Not sure I want to spend the $$ to replace them, but thinking about it, lol.
There’s not enough info there to know if they’re the same or not... bummer. I may give it a shot

Old 01-03-2021, 11:19 AM
I may too...I will email them and see if they can tell me if they are the same as Vivids...

Old 01-04-2021, 08:28 PM
After trying the same thing as Bogg did above on my original drl's my detail guy said they yellowed from the inside ,so i just ordered & received these in about 4 days form eBay ,car is in the shop so i will drop off this week & keep you guys posted if they work as well as the original ones, i've had on for 10 yrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152926068797

Old 01-08-2021, 10:57 AM
Ooh that looks like a good option. Please let us know what you think.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Current DRL options?