997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Coolant Pipe Leak Month

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Coolant Pipe Leak Month

I do not know what has been going on the last month but we had 3 997 turbos in the shop to get the coolant pipes changed. We never had such a rush of these jobs before.

If you are in SoCal and your car develops the coolant like issue we are more than happy to walk you through the complete process to repair it. It's an engine out repair so we can also replace any other worn part and do some preventative maintenance while we are in there.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:23 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
What other incidental repairs will you do as a matter of course?

Old 06-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by amge63
What other incidental repairs will you do as a matter of course?
The last car received a new water pump, new O-rings and some off the other hoses were changed. We also had the injectors checked and cleaned.

We often do plugs and coils at this time as well as perform clutch jobs (this last car was a tiptronic).

We look for all worn part and replace them and we do any modifications the customer may want performed while the engine is out.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:14 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
What milage do the cars your seeing have on them? Curious if there is correlation between leaks, age and milage....I have 33k on an 07 and as yet dry and tight.....I know it's not if but when....

Old 06-13-2017, 01:22 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
No correlation. Has happened across a broad range of cars in terms of mileage.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:03 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
I know now that Ive read this threak I will be next LOL

Old 06-13-2017, 08:34 AM
BMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
I do not know what has been going on the last month but we had 3 997 turbos in the shop to get the coolant pipes changed. We never had such a rush of these jobs before.

If you are in SoCal and your car develops the coolant like issue we are more than happy to walk you through the complete process to repair it. It's an engine out repair so we can also replace any other worn part and do some preventative maintenance while we are in there.
So what's this all about?? Any insight?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4642598

Old 06-13-2017, 08:48 AM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 997TTEQNY
I know now that Ive read this threak I will be next LOL
Reading 6speed and Rennlist is fun except for now every time I start my car I know that my coolant pipes are about to blow, my camshaft is going to spin out, my rear wing's hydraulics are going to pop, and I'll snap a rod and grenade my engine. Probably all on the same drive to Target.

Last edited by Skwerl; 06-13-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:48 AM
robhamster has a spectacular aura aboutrobhamster has a spectacular aura about
My '07 tt started to leak coolant during the winter storage in 2013 with about 41K miles. The next winter the same with about 48K miles so I opted to have the pipes welded. Did the clutch , a new radiator in the front drivers side, and the oil/water heat exchanger, which was leaking as well. It is amazing when the engine was out, some of the fittings that were not leaking, the mechanic showed me how he pulled them out with little effort as the epoxy Porsche used was crumbling. Epic failure was imminent.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Skwerl
Reading 6speed and Rennlist is fun except for now every time I start my car I know that my coolant pipes are about to blow, my camshaft is going to spin out, my rear wing's hydraulics are going to pop, and I'll snap a rod and grenade my engine. Probably all on the same drive to Target.

Choked on my coffee laughing while reading this. While many are paranoid this will happen - I'm living proof many of these things "can" happen...

Old 06-13-2017, 04:22 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light

Not to worry, my coolant lines have blown twice even after pinning, I also spun my cam and blew a turbo! All in one summer

Just waiting for my spoiler to fail.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mikestyle
Not to worry, my coolant lines have blown twice even after pinning, I also spun my cam and blew a turbo! All in one summer

Wow! That's sure a worst case scenario. Any insight on what happened? Was your car just built by interns on the Friday afternoon before everyone's vacation?

Old 06-14-2017, 07:15 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Wow! That's sure a worst case scenario. Any insight on what happened? Was your car just built by interns on the Friday afternoon before everyone's vacation?

No idea, the car has been pretty good otherwise. I do have 100,000km on the clock. Pretty sure my turbo blew because of a boost leak.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:40 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
My car is a 2007, had around 18,000 miles when the pipe right next to the water pump decided to completely fail while doing a 160-170mph pull. Lost all of my coolant in a matter of seconds. This was almost 2 years ago, decided to get mine welded and never looked back.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:41 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikestyle

Mike, who pinned your coolant lines - just wondering if we used the same shop. I'm currently going through some "issues".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coolant Pipe Leak Month