997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fun w/my friends 670bhp 17 Roush 5.0

Old 06-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Fun w/my friends 670bhp 17 Roush 5.0

Drove my friends (he had a built Blue C5 Z06 before) 17 Roush Super Charged 5.0 Mustang this pass week.

It makes 670bhp (dynos around 585-610rwhp) & was just floored with its overall performance, even before I calculated the price tag! Power band took me by surprise as it has power everywhere, even the brakes (Bembro 6pots up front) where pretty solid, etc.

He got it brand new with the Roush charger for under $60 000CDN(his father works at ford , but still at $67000 still a steal!!) WITH FACTORY WARRANTY! I heard that you can pick up this same package for $39 900USD! Also, you can get crazy power from this platform with basic further upgrades, so this is not a car I am taking lightly!

Impressed & just floored when you take in the cost... CAN NOT GET A BETTER VALUE FOR PERFORMANCE FOR A NEW CAR PERIOD!

Then he started picking on my little 911 Beetle as I tried to mind my own business as I lead him to the place I do my 60-130 times. He came up besides me a couple of time & then finally I switched my camera on and had to defend my innocent self...

PS: I think he is going to be voiding his warranty soon, after our run!��. Friends don't let friend drive stock anyways!

Protomotive E85 Billet 63.5 997 VS 17 Roush 670bhp Super Charged 5.0 Mustang:

My son put this together for me:

Old 06-19-2017, 07:53 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Nice kill! Made him look slow haha

Old 06-19-2017, 08:32 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Thxs man, but it was expected as he is about a 124-127 trap car, but he is a friend that wanted to line up and get inspiration for his mods!

I would of pulled instantly in 2 gear, but I NEED R888!!! Everywhere is out of stock of them. I placed a order and they said 2-3 months!!

I let him take me down to 2nd gear with cold tires ONLY because he is my friend and me kinda knowing the out come��. I was literally on full traction power cut for the whole 2nd gear and a blink of it in 3rd, or else I would of sling shot past Him immediately like when this crap old tires get hot and actually hook!!

If this was a real run or I was running someone else I would of made sure my tires were warmed up and with a further 2-3 psi less so it can actually hook. These tires were bought last year to match my Sport Cup fronts, but they are dated 6yrs old now even though it was bought last year.

Fun, but I better watch out as those cars are NASTY when modded with that charger!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:38 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Yeah they're nasty with the blower or the twin turbo kit. Good performance value that coyote motor.

In your setup you ever run any fbo e85 gtrs?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:09 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
you and i have the exact same setup, tuner and all, and my car is really fast too. congrats on that, he needs A LOT more power to mess with you .

Old 06-19-2017, 10:19 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Great video! And love the wiggle from your 2nd gear hit lol. I knew you would murder it.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
At first, i thought you were Nick Murray from Youtube... He just did a video of his 991.2 C4S vs a Roush S/C'ed Stang. Considering the Stang had 670hp, the C4S kept up pretty well.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by bigrpowr
you and i have the exact same setup, tuner and all, and my car is really fast too. congrats on that, he needs A LOT more power to mess with you .

Thanks my Proto brother ....LOL!

My car is currently completely out of fuel as in 100%+ duty cycles in some places up top, so I now know the car is making some serious jam for the modest set up. Up top he has held back timing and 3+psi of boost because of fuel, with the bottom and mid set up VERY strong .... Strong as in other well respected member said concerning my low and mid tune, "Damn Todd has ***** around peak torque lol"! Todd estimates picking up 50hp up top with keeping a killer low and mid. He has been running that same low and mid on many cars through out the years with out issue (I have since 2015), but have asked him to back it down if he thinks there will be an issue at all with us now going for more up top.

Todd is shipping me his 1680cc this week and the car is going in this Monday coming up to get them installed at Boost Theory up here. We might back it down to a 3.8BAR from his 5BAR that I currently have in there.

We did the 1680cc, as Alpha Xona Rotor XR6556 turbos are in the future for DarkKinght. All I would need for fuel with the Alpha's to max out my engine would be his drop in, intank dual Walbro set up and I would be game.

Have fun until I want to build the motor and then just max out those Alpha's for a awesome street power band without loosing the drivability, fun, having power everywhere or in essence not loosing the "rip-ability", that the Porsche intended with the VTG's.

Something tells me if Todd frees me up 50 up top I might just be so happy, that I might not want to touch a perfect street set up.

Originally Posted by longboarder
Great video! And love the wiggle from your 2nd gear hit lol. I knew you would murder it.

LOL! the Traction light was almost consistently on in 2nd cutting power almost the whole 2nd gear & I thought he would at least put a car on me until I shifted into 2nd gear! BTW I have been in contact with Dom at GMG for a quote for LMS wheels!

Upgrade turbos or help finish my street package off with a sick set of light weight & great looking wheels?......

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
At first, i thought you were Nick Murray from Youtube... He just did a video of his 991.2 C4S vs a Roush S/C'ed Stang. Considering the Stang had 670hp, the C4S kept up pretty well.

With these "regular" 911's coming turbo and PDK they are as fast as a 997.1 Turbo manuals are!!

Well lets see what happens with the larger injectors. I would like to get my PERSONAL avg 60-130 from 5.99-6.2 down to 5.7-5.9 ish. I know 60-130 is not the end all and be all, but would like to know that there was a measurable improvement for the $$ spent. The best proof is when you are door to door on the streets!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 06-20-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:13 AM
997TT1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali

My car is currently completely out of fuel as in 100%+ duty cycles in some places up top, so I now know the car is making some serious jam for the modest set up. Up top he has held back timing and 3+psi of boost because of fuel, with the bottom and mid set up VERY strong .... Strong as in other well respected member said concerning my low and mid tune, "Damn Todd has ***** around peak torque lol"! Todd estimates picking up 50hp up top with keeping a killer low and mid. He has been running that same low and mid on many cars through out the years with out issue (I have since 2015), but have asked him to back it down if he thinks there will be an issue at all with us now going for more up top.

Todd is shipping me his 1680cc this week and the car is going in this Monday coming up to get them installed at Boost Theory up here. We might back it down to a 3.8BAR from his 5BAR that I currently have in there.

We did the 1680cc, as Alpha Xona Rotor XR6556 turbos are in the future for DarkKinght. All I would need for fuel with the Alpha's to max out my engine would be his drop in, intank dual Walbro set up and I would be game.

Have fun until I want to build the motor and then just max out those Alpha's for a awesome street power band without loosing the drivability, fun, having power everywhere or in essence not loosing the "rip-ability", that the Porsche intended with the VTG's.

Something tells me if Todd frees me up 50 up top I might just be so happy, that I might not want to touch a perfect street set up.

LOL! the Traction light was almost consistently on in 2nd cutting power almost the whole 2nd gear & I thought he would at least put a car on me until I shifted into 2nd gear! BTW I have been in contact with Dom at GMG for a quote for LMS wheels!

Upgrade turbos or help finish my street package off with a sick set of light weight & great looking wheels?......

With these "regular" 911's coming turbo and PDK they are as fast as a 997.1 Turbo manuals are!!

Well lets see what happens with the larger injectors. I would like to get my PERSONAL avg 60-130 from 5.99-6.2 down to 5.7-5.9 ish. I know 60-130 is not the end all and be all, but would like to know that there was a measurable improvement for the $$ spent. The best proof is when you are door to door on the streets!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Bro, I had the ID 1680's and dual walbros in my E85 GT-R and it was a menace. At the time, my car was pretty much untouchable.
You will be so happy once you get everything done. Congrats & thanks for sharing the mustang slaying vid with us!

Old 06-20-2017, 07:14 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice

i believe we think very similar. i assume he's probably sent me the same tune you've been running. mine's a tip, but runs very hard, and likes to dance on the 1-2 shift . i haven't done any vbox testing so not sure how fast mine is, but he said my logs look pretty much perfect on the durametric. have you run yours in 1/4 mile ?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by jazzwu
Yeah they're nasty with the blower or the twin turbo kit. Good performance value that coyote motor.

Yes they are the best bang for the buck on the street by FAR, period! They can be made crazy fast with just bolt on and stock long block.

I have already run a 15 Mustang on3 Twin Turbo auto that does 10.5 138.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...0-mustang.html

A lot faster, but this same Roush kit can very easily get to the same power level of the TT in the video

Originally Posted by jazzwu
In your setup you ever run any fbo e85 gtrs?

I have run many GTR's in different configs from a roll back in the day in my 996T and 997T, and have not been that impressed with them.

Last year I ran one that said he had reworked turbos and full bolt ons (when 1320 video was down here in Toronto) that said he dyno's 680whp. After our run he came up to me saying I am making no less then 800whp....lol, I told him maybe the dyno you were on was very optimistic.

I know most E85 FBO GTR trap from 135-138 range and from my research and experience know that a re-wheeled E85 FBO 997 manual would take it from a roll. 997 do not trap well in the 1/4 because of their 4th gear gearing being limited to 135ish or in my case 138 with raised limiter to 7200rpm, forcing us to stay in 4th (bang of rev limiter) or shift into 5th. A GTR is fully efficient with its power because of the dual clutch and it make use of all of its power to achieve 135-138, so on the streets that all your going to get worth of power. But a manual 997T if it can trap 135-138 would typically take down DSG cars or others trapping even higher from a roll. For example that TT Mustang I ran is Auto on a tire and traps 138, so on the street he is making 138 of power as he is not wasting time between shifts and loosing boost etc. From a roll you shift less and are out of boost less for a manual and gearing is not a issue as you are not limited to specific gearing for the 1/4. You cans see that I pull on that 138 trap TT Mustang half decent. Hence why 997T manuals can typically take down cars with higher mph and even faster 60-130's then they put down on paper from a roll on the streets.

Same experience I had with a Auto on tire 9.5 @ 139mph auto V8 350 88mm turbo 81 RX7 weighing in at 2500lbs or less. I pulled 3 cars on him!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...alon-more.html

Furthermore, I know other members even with stock VTG like A418t81 have said this in my thread with the TT Mustang:

"Your videos mirror my own experiences. So far the only car to get out ahead of me was a bigger turbo GTR with 760 whp still on the stock motor. Even then, my car did really well. Congrats again on your car running so nicely.

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
i believe we think very similar. i assume he's probably sent me the same tune you've been running. mine's a tip, but runs very hard, and likes to dance on the 1-2 shift . i haven't done any vbox testing so not sure how fast mine is, but he said my logs look pretty much perfect on the durametric. have you run yours in 1/4 mile ?

This is my set up:

PROTOMOTIVE 63.5
PROTOMOTIVE 94 octane & E85 tune
PROTOMOTIVE 80lbs injectors with 5BAR FPR (switching to his 1680's)
Do88 inlets
ERP TRIPLE clutch with LWFW (whole assembly weighs 22lbs)
Speedtech X 3" catless race exhaust
GT3 Throttle Body
IPD Competition Intake Plenum 82mm
EVOMS under drive pulleys
BMC Air filter
ETS 16 row intercoolers
RSS front control arms, Dogbones, Rear Toe (with locking plates)
GMG front and rear sway bars
H&R lowering springs
WEVO Motor mounts
SSK
Numeric solid shift cables
Precision Porsche (Techart) front lip, sides, rear valance & spoiler extra -down force slowed me down consistent 0.1sec 60-130 after install of kit)
Michelin Sport Cup tires
7mm wheels spacers & 20mm spacer out back

Thanks

Bobby Ali

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 06-21-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Yes they are the best bang for the buck on the street by FAR, period! They can be made crazy fast with just bolt on and stock long block.

A lot faster, but this same Roush kit can very easily get to the same power level of the TT in the video

I have run many GTR's in different configs from a roll back in the day in my 996T and 997T, and have not been that impressed with them.

Last year I ran one that said he had reworked turbos and full bolt ons (when 1320 video was down here in Toronto) that said he dyno's 680whp. After our run he came up to me saying I am making no less then 800whp....lol, I told him maybe the dyno you were on was very optimistic.

I know most E85 FBO GTR trap from 135-138 range and from my research and experience know that a re-wheeled E85 FBO 997 manual would take it from a roll. 997 do not trap well in the 1/4 because of their 4th gear gearing being limited to 135ish or in my case 138 with raised limiter to 7200rpm, forcing us to stay in 4th (bang of rev limiter) or shift into 5th. A GTR is fully efficient with its power because of the dual clutch and it make use of all of its power to achieve 135-138, so on the streets that all your going to get worth of power. But a manual 997T if it can trap 135-138 would typically take down DSG cars or others trapping even higher from a roll. For example that TT Mustang I ran is Auto on a tire and traps 138, so on the street he is making 138 of power as he is not wasting time between shifts and loosing boost etc. From a roll you shift less and are out of boost less for a manual and gearing is not a issue as you are not limited to specific gearing for the 1/4. You cans see that I pull on that 138 trap TT Mustang half decent. Hence why 997T manuals can typically take down cars with higher mph and even faster 60-130's then they put down on paper from a roll on the streets.

Same experience I had with a Auto on tire 9.5 @ 139mph auto V8 350 88mm turbo 81 RX7 weighing in at 2500lbs or less. I pulled 3 cars on him!

Furthermore, I know other members even with stock VTG like A418t81 have said this in my thread with the TT Mustang:

"Your videos mirror my own experiences. So far the only car to get out ahead of me was a bigger turbo GTR with 760 whp still on the stock motor. Even then, my car did really well. Congrats again on your car running so nicely.

This is my set up:

PROTOMOTIVE 63.5
Do88 inlets
GT3 Throttle Body
BMC Air filter
ETS 16 row intercoolers
H&R lowering springs
WEVO Motor mounts
SSK
Precision Porsche (Techart) front lip, sides, rear valance & spoiler extra -down force slowed me down consistent 0.1sec 60-130 after install of kit)
Michelin Sport Cup tires

Thanks

Bobby Ali
Your car is very impressive and a monster. Since its a manual a lot had to do with driver skill I bet. For example in NYC there was a guy with a yellow built 997.1 turbo manual with upgrades turbos but couldn't shift well. He lost to his rival with a upgraded turbo gtr by 1 to 1.5 lengths from a low speed roll. Every time he shifted the gtr pulled ahead.. otherwise the 997 was reeling it in. Not the best showing for us 911 turbos there.

Thanks for the information on your setup. Sounds like you'd take down or keep up with fbo 997.2 turbo s pdk from a roll easily then. Even the ESMotor ES700 kits. One of them did 60 to 130 mph in 5.3 seconds. 1/4 mile trap high 9s or low 10s at high 138+ in warmer weather I believe.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:20 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Great video

Old 06-22-2017, 06:29 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Good stuff Bobby, I gotta get out there with you guys one day.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:49 PM

This is my set up:

PROTOMOTIVE 63.5
Do88 inlets
GT3 Throttle Body
BMC Air filter
ETS 16 row intercoolers
H&R lowering springs
WEVO Motor mounts
SSK
Michelin Sport Cup tires

Thanks

Bobby Ali
thats quite a list. i have intercoolers waiting to go on, todd said that my stockers are hurting me significantly now, so we'll see ! love your setup buddy !

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.