997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Q: For those who are familiar with .1 and .2 Front bumper differences(LED fog lights)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:54 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Q: For those who are familiar with .1 and .2 Front bumper differences(LED fog lights)

Very soon I will be going back to a 997.1 TT bumper cover that is OEM instead of what is currently on the car. I know it's hard to discern what's behind my aftermarket .2 GT3 bumper cover until the shop goes in there , but, I know PO had to do something wiring related to be able to utilize the LED daytime running lights from the .2 GT3 on an 07 TT.

Could it be a plug and play FVD type harness? Or something else? I need to find out if the .1 bumper cover I bought had upgraded LED turn signals. It might have. Wondering if I should go for the .2 LED DRL fog lights and what that would entail?

The fact that the car already has LED DRL now makes me think I might be one step ahead in some way. Let me know if anyone has done this ?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
I would go .2 and get the upgraded front module as well which will get the .2 oem led .drl to activate ... you will need a durametric pro to do the coding but it is very simple - this will also disable the headlamps as drl as well.

I would get the oem .2 larger front grills (have them painted satin silver) to complete that classy oem look.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:47 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
I did the front LED fog lights (the bottom corner round ones) from the 997.2 which stays on as DRL when light switch is in the 'off' position just like from factory. There are no complications in the install, just PIWIS programming from what I remember (incandescent to LED). The 997.2 rear tail lights is a different story with pin changes etc.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:37 AM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by myw
I would go .2 and get the upgraded front module as well which will get the .2 oem led .drl to activate ... you will need a durametric pro to do the coding but it is very simple - this will also disable the headlamps as drl as well.

I would get the oem .2 larger front grills (have them painted satin silver) to complete that classy oem look.
I'm wondering if the car already has the front module so that the .2 DRL LEDS can work? Not sure how else they would work for a .1 TT .

i like the idea of .2 grills . Was it all 3 that have changed or just the outside left/right? I remember those being silver from both .2 ttS I had.

Had just planed to have the grills in the .1 bumper painted white when the cover gets painted.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:52 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
I'm wondering if the car already has the front module so that the .2 DRL LEDS can work? Not sure how else they would work for a .1 TT .

i like the idea of .2 grills . Was it all 3 that have changed or just the outside left/right? I remember those being silver from both .2 ttS I had.

Had just planed to have the grills in the .1 bumper painted white when the cover gets painted.
do you have access to a durmetric pro? if so you can get the front module number immediately and know right away if you have the newer or older one, all without having to take the frunk apart.

re the updated grills - i think its just the outside left and right (painted silver for 997.2), the centre grill even if was changed it was left black plastic. the 991.2 turbo S and even the new exclusive series 991.2 turbo paints all the black plastic parts glossy satin black - i think it looks amazing while being subtle and is something to consider as well (since u have to repaint everything anyways).

if you don't do the .2 grills i'd paint the oem ones 997.1 left + right grills satin silver with clear coat (but thats just me). it looks very classy + oem (and saves the money of having to get the larger .2 grills which may or may not fit on a .1 turbo bumper.). i think the body coloured grills imo is a little too much detail and can get a little tacky looking imho.

are you doing a rear conversion as well?

Last edited by myw; 06-27-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by myw
do you have access to a durmetric pro? if so you can get the front module number immediately and know right away if you have the newer or older one, all without having to take the frunk apart.

re the updated grills - i think its just the outside left and right (painted silver for 997.2), the centre grill even if was changed it was left black plastic. the 991.2 turbo S and even the new exclusive series 991.2 turbo paints all the black plastic parts glossy satin black - i think it looks amazing while being subtle and is something to consider as well (since u have to repaint everything anyways).

if you don't do the .2 grills i'd paint the oem ones 997.1 left + right grills satin silver with clear coat (but thats just me). it looks very classy + oem (and saves the money of having to get the larger .2 grills which may or may not fit on a .1 turbo bumper.). i think the body coloured grills imo is a little too much detail and can get a little tacky looking imho.

are you doing a rear conversion as well?
All good points to consider. Yes I am doing the rear end update also. The front first and then the rear. Thanks for the info!

Old 06-28-2017, 08:40 AM
myw
anytime, and lemme know. i've helped a multitude of .1 -> .2 conversions ; feel free to pm if needed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.