997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Did i win? Or did i get trolled? LOL (997 Turbo vs Gixxer)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Did i win? Or did i get trolled? LOL (997 Turbo vs Gixxer)

First off, i've owned a few sport bikes. Last night while on an evening stroll with the lady and my little pup, we were on a "PRIVATE ROAD" cruising at 70MPH and a Suzuki sportbike with a passenger pulled up and we took off. He pulled me at first by a car length, but then i caught up and ended ahead by a car length ahead while continuing to pull pretty hard on him. We ended at about 140MPH. I would've went again, but the lady said were done. I do realize motorcycles have relatively bad top end because of the poor aero, but i didn't think a 997.1 Turbo with a few bolt-ons (FVD tune, Fabspeed intake, Kline exhaust with 100 cell cats) could keep up. So did i legitimately win? Or did i get trolled?

Old 07-18-2017, 09:16 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Hard to say without vids.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:23 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
If its a 600cc or 750cc then I've pulled on them many times.

Its the 1000cc bikes that you need big power for.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 AM
997TT1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've raced everything from 600 to Turbo Hayabusa...

All depends on the rider.

A bolt-on and tune 997TT should overall beat up to a 750cc

You'd need bigger turbos and race fuel/E85, I'd say to take a lightly modded 1000cc with a good rider

Again, all depends on the rider as I've beaten a 13xxcc bike on multiple pulls and then got decimated by a seasoned racer on a 1000cc the same night.

With that said, higher speeds always help cars over bikes as aero and hp starts to take over so if you want to a race a bike, start at a higher speed roll and stay on it long as you can....

Old 07-19-2017, 02:57 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
racing a bike with a passenger would be like you racing while pulling a trailer.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:35 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Wait did the bike have a passenger or did you have a passenger?

I love running bikes at airstrip events. With only 600 wheel HP I can usually beat them in the half mile, unless they are stretched or well over 200 hp. February was my last airstrip event I got the chance to race one of those Ducati Panagali's 1199 or 1299 I forget which model. Bike jumped me but I reeled it quick and passed it easy. Makes me think the rider wasn't all that good. Still no match for a bolt-on 997.2.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Both the motorcycle and I had a passenger. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I felt that the passenger on the bike was the deciding factor in this race. A 100lb woman makes the bike 15-20% heavier. I was just really surprised i was pulling so hard on him. Had we continued past 140, it would have been absolute destruction of the bike...

Old 07-19-2017, 07:15 PM
From what it seems on the Youtube videos, to beat a 1000cc, i would need approx 800whp+

Old 07-19-2017, 11:10 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
From what it seems on the Youtube videos, to beat a 1000cc, i would need approx 800whp+
It depends on the year of the bike as the newer 15+ bikes start getting CRAZY fast as in 150-165 stock 1/4! Older bikes 130-145, again being very general here, but a car from a roll does not need as much mph as a bike to run. i.e a 125 trap car should be able to hang with a 130 trap bike from a roll and the faster the start speed the farther apart the mph spread can be.

I raced many bikes and for some it didn't turn out well for them even on pump! Even had a bike crew pull aside and ask me what I had done to my car as I just put 1-2 cars on a 12- 14 GSXR litre on pump from 120km/h-220km/h.

Again newer bikes even built machines will have a very hard time keeping up. We have a bolt on, stretched RR down here , well lets just say I don't think 900+AWHP will help me as the RR is a 160+trap bike! A car would need to be in the 153-156 range to hang with it!

Old 07-24-2017, 06:59 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of good information here about runs vs bikes. Like mentioned, they seem to be all over the place on power depending on year and mods. Always hard to tell unless you are able to speak with the rider, and if they are honest about what they have.

I have had my share of experiences with bikes while owning multiple cars and it is great to get a few friendly runs.

Here is an example of a 60 roll vs a bike that trapped 153 in the 1/4.
The person who made the video put 3071's which is wrong.
Car has Full Bolt-ons with 3076's / E85 / stock block.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Kr...youtu.be&t=380

Last edited by rob.boost; 07-24-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:20 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Both the motorcycle and I had a passenger. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I felt that the passenger on the bike was the deciding factor in this race. A 100lb woman makes the bike 15-20% heavier. I was just really surprised i was pulling so hard on him. Had we continued past 140, it would have been absolute destruction of the bike...
It's not just weight it's aero and the fact that the bikes wants to wheelie like crazy with a passenger, on newer liter bikes you can't put the power down with a passenger. Internet videos are pretty much useless unless you know it's a good rider. My 997 is a true 140mph trap car, my bolts ons s1000rr makes it look like a joke, I am talking buses on buses. Then put a begginer rider on that bike and a car might actually win. Don't believe the hype, all the new liter bikes will destroy any Porsche below 900whp to about 150

Old 07-25-2017, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by pdxm5
It's not just weight it's aero and the fact that the bikes wants to wheelie like crazy with a passenger, on newer liter bikes you can't put the power down with a passenger. Internet videos are pretty much useless unless you know it's a good rider. My 997 is a true 140mph trap car, my bolts ons s1000rr makes it look like a joke, I am talking buses on buses. Then put a begginer rider on that bike and a car might actually win. Don't believe the hype, all the new liter bikes will destroy any Porsche below 900whp to about 150
I agree with you on the BMW S1000RR. It's the quickest liter bike currently out there. Completely different from a GSXR600 or 750

Old 07-25-2017, 10:21 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !

6 minute mark. 600 wheel HP 997.2 vs Ducati Panagale 1199 that jumps me.

Oh yeah at 3:30 I ran a Eli's 1,600 wheel monster 8-second GTR. Obviously on a drag strip it would beat me bad. Airstrip is another world. Tough to launch.

My 997 has been sold. But my 991 is even quicker off the line and faster top end. Looking forward to racing the most powerful cars and bikes at the next shift sector in October and NFZ in early November to see what a measly 650 wheel Turbo S can do.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:37 AM
long, you obviously dont ride. the 1199 is known as a dog, its really like 175-185hp, and the 1299 is really like 190hp, ducati loves overrating their bikes. I owned them both; the 1199 is equal to about a modern 750cc bike they trap around 140-143 in the 1/4. Go race a new S1000RR/R1/H2, whole different level.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:15 AM
long, you obviously dont ride. the 1199 is known as a dog, its really like 175-185hp, and the 1299 is really like 190hp, ducati loves overrating their bikes. I owned them both; the 1199 is equal to about a modern 750cc bike they trap around 140-143 in the 1/4. Go race a new S1000RR/R1/H2, whole different level.

I did. Shift Sector I posted my run against Troy Gleason's modified S1000RR. It made 225 wheel HP. He also has an upgraded clutch. But hey a unprepped surface and a tight clutch makes for a tough launch at Coalinga which is all the Turbo S needed to get out of the hole quicker and maintain the lead across the finish line.

Would be awesome if you brought your bike and GTR to shift sector in October. Sounds like you are a good driver so it would be fun to run you. I'm always looking for the fastest cars and bikes of the event to run.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.