997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Half Mile Race: 600 AWHP 997 Turbo S vs 1,600 WHP GTR

Old 08-08-2017, 09:47 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Half Mile Race: 600 AWHP 997 Turbo S vs 1,600 WHP GTR

Have been missing my 997.2 so I started watching footage of my races and decided to put together some of the best ones. Here's one of my favorite:

Old 08-08-2017, 10:20 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
well that went better than expected based on thread title

although figured it'd go nicely for you once the note about the GTR's launch control.. didn't expect the gap to get that big off the start though.. looks like you beat him on reaction time plus the launch issue.. no coming back from that kind of gap getting opened up..

Old 08-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Rez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond repute
that's insane.

I don't get it though. I know how fast your car is. but in comparison my 997 makes about 500whp and my GTR makes 1100whp. The car are so many worlds apart it's hard to describe. The nissan makes up ground on PDK porshe's so god damn fast....it makes me wonder if that 1600whp car was screwed up in some way.

I've raced a bunch of 991 991 turbo S's with tunes that in theory make around the same hp as your car and by the 2nd half of the 1/4 mile i catch up with them a proceed to rape.

maybe your car is making way more than 600?

Last edited by Rez90; 08-08-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:04 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rez90
that's insane.

I don't get it though. I know how fast your car is. but in comparison my 997 makes about 500whp and my GTR makes 1100whp. The car are so many worlds apart it's hard to describe. The nissan makes up ground on PDK porshe's so god damn fast....it makes me wonder if that 1600whp car was screwed up in some way.

I've raced a bunch of 991 991 turbo S's with tunes that in theory make around the same hp as your car and by the 2nd half of the 1/4 mile i catch up with them a proceed to rape.

Fair question. I guess you could call me a sandbagger, because 600 wheel HP on the GIAC mustang dyno is like 650-675 wheel HP on another local SoCal mustang dyno and 700 or more on a dynojet. But hey it's the only dyno I use so I quote that figure.

Regarding the GTR, well you can ask the owner if it's screwed up as here's a member here on 6 speed. But...that 1,600 wheel HP was made the day before the event. It's a 200mph 1/2 mile car in the form it raced me. In fact, immediately after I raced the GTR, the owner asked me to race him in his stage 3 991 Turbo S (he brought 2 cars to the event). Check out the 4 minute mark of the video below, which is a compilation of all the races at the NoFlyZone event. Please watch what I did to his modded 991 Turbo S and let me know what you think.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Rez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know. if your car is making more like 700whp on a dynojet it seems less far fetched. PDK 911's get OUT from the hole quick....at a few hundred at the wheels and you have a pretty deadly car.

Maybe i'm also biased because my GTR has small turbos and it's on a 4.3. So it has a ton of torque and makes up ground quick. Whereas the 1600whp car you raced might be on a 3.8 or 4.0 and likely takes a ton of time to spool.

Either way...your 997 is retarded.

i'm a couple weeks away from doing 63.5's on my 997. It's going to be a pump gas car only though. So i'm looking for 600whp on pump on a manual. it won't be a crazy drag racer but it should be a good time on the street.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:39 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
that's insane.

I've been down 1/2 mile and my local drag strip with my cars just tooling around, dialing in the launch or just trying to record a 60-130 time. Can't tell you how many times some guy in a turbo civic next to me posts a Facebook "just smoked a 1300hp gtr" video. Take it for what it is.

Oh and a true 1600whp gtr traps 215 in the 1/2, 200mph ones are 1300whp on the dot.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by pdxm5
I've been down 1/2 mile and my local drag strip with my cars just tooling around, dialing in the launch or just trying to record a 60-130 time. Can't tell you how many times some guy in a turbo civic next to me posts a Facebook "just smoked a 1300hp gtr" video. Take it for what it is.

Oh and a true 1600whp gtr traps 215 in the 1/2, 200mph ones are 1300whp on the dot.
Except in this case the GTR owner was trying to beat me. I think I caught him by surprise on a perfect launch. Maybe if he tried again and launched better he would have flown by before the finish line.

His car is a beast and would obviously obliterate me in a 1/4 mile drag race prepped surface. Eli is the owner ask him he's here. I think he goes by Blkonblk. He's building up his Turbo S too.

I dunno the GTR 1/2 mile capability. It's over 200.

Anyway I'll have my 991 Turbo S at shift sector if you wanna run. It's quicker/faster than the 997.2 here.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:57 AM
Tubbehh is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously tho, why is your car so damn fast? Surely it has more than 600hp. I dont understand lol

Old 08-09-2017, 06:22 AM

Seems like you're talking ****.

no need for that.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:03 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Just as a comparison... my 997.2 TTS makes 540awhp on Cobb Plano's mustang dyno and last November at our wanna go fast event my car ran a best of 153.1 mph. It runs 10.60's 1/4 mile at 129mph.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:34 AM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Just as a comparison... my 997.2 TTS makes 540awhp on Cobb Plano's mustang dyno and last November at our wanna go fast event my car ran a best of 153.1 mph. It runs 10.60's 1/4 mile at 129mph.
I also have a 997.2 turbo S May I ask what your mods are on that car thanks Mike

Old 08-09-2017, 11:32 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like you're talking ****.

no need for that.

I don’t really see the point of posting "races" that prove nothing. I have a few memory cards full of me next to a 2000hp UGR Lambo, something like 7 out of 8 times we lined up i was way ahead because his car kept spinning or cutting out due to bad traction and the driver would abort. I am not delusional to think i really beat that car, the only time he "beat" me when he dialed the boost way down and hooked. The more power you have the harder the car is to drive and get dialed in. If it’s a heads up race sure, a win is a win but 99% of people who come out to these ½ mile events are dialing things in and with this much power might only have a few full passes out of 20. I rarely even pay attention to the car next to me because it’s a trap speed event not a ET event. Its easy to see who the top cars are at any of these events info is public; all TT lambos and GTRs.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:33 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikerosi
I also have a 997.2 turbo S May I ask what your mods are on that car thanks Mike
AMS I/C's, catted Europipe, and custom tune. That's it. Makes 540whp and 636 lbs/ft torque. In fairness last year at Wanna Go Fast we didn't have our new I/C's installed then, just tune and exhaust.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:35 AM
I don’t really see the point of posting "races" that prove nothing. I have a few memory cards full of me next to a 2000hp UGR Lambo, something like 7 out of 8 times we lined up i was way ahead because his car kept spinning or cutting out due to bad traction and the driver would abort. I am not delusional to think i really beat that car, the only time he "beat" me when he dialed the boost way down and hooked. The more power you have the harder the car is to drive and get dialed in. If it’s a heads up race sure, a win is a win but 99% of people who come out to these ½ mile events are dialing things in and with this much power might only have a few full passes out of 20. I rarely even pay attention to the car next to me because it’s a trap speed event not a ET event. Its easy to see who the top cars are at any of these events info is public; all TT lambos and GTRs.
Very well said my friend!!! 100% agree with you.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:20 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by longboarder
Fair question. I guess you could call me a sandbagger, because 600 wheel HP on the GIAC mustang dyno is like 650-675 wheel HP on another local SoCal mustang dyno and 700 or more on a dynojet. But hey it's the only dyno I use so I quote that figure.
:-) I've been thinking that for a while. I love watching your videos and your car is wicked fast! However, your critical but fairly modest number of bolt-ons have clearly produced results that almost no one with higher HP cars can touch! We can all hope our builds produce similar results . . .

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.