997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT hp #'s - 480, maybe 483hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:11 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
997 TT hp #'s

Everything is "specualtion" wink wink...........
but 480-483hp is where i'll bet you'll see the #'s

Any "s" variation or x50 type option will push you slightly above 500 HP

Last edited by DJ; 01-24-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
sounds good. any word on x or s being based on the 3.8?

Old 01-24-2006, 02:13 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
sounds good. any word on x or s being based on the 3.8?
Does it sound good? The new one will inevitably be heavier; perhaps to the point where any stage 1 996tt will mark it and stage 2 and above will pull on it.

Given the anticipated price delta between a new one and any used 996tt, I can't imagine there's gonna be the same demand as this car has enjoyed in the past.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:59 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
You have to compare apples to apples. The reg TT was 420, so 483 is a substantive increase, especially if acompanied by a substantial improvement in torque as a result of the new variable turbo.

The weight gain would have to be substatial to offset 60 bhp improvement.

Then, I believe that "some" mods may ultimately be available for a 997TT.

Guess we will all just have to wait a bit longer.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:32 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Will the "S" be available from the beginning and what kind of premium will it carry?? My dealer just offered me teh launch car which I can apparently spec out just like a regular car....just wondering when the S will be available??

Lou

Old 01-24-2006, 07:11 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I got a call from my dealer today about placing the final order on my 997TT. I was told that the S/X-50 will not be out first(i will be pissed if they are wrong). HOwever, I was told that my "moderately" optioned car will run 120-125k. Lou which dealer gave you the call. I got one today too lol. I probed them with some questions and was told that the hp number although not final to anyone is said to be in the 480 range.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
You have to compare apples to apples. The reg TT was 420, so 483 is a substantive increase, especially if acompanied by a substantial improvement in torque as a result of the new variable turbo.

The weight gain would have to be substatial to offset 60 bhp improvement.

Then, I believe that "some" mods may ultimately be available for a 997TT.

Guess we will all just have to wait a bit longer.
Per a post on rennteam, a Car and Driver web report states that the base 997TT (? manual) weighs in at only 3,400 lb. due to judicious use of aluminum. I obviously though have no corroboration of that.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I would actually love for the weight to be down compared to the 996TT. I really could care less about hp, but a weight increase is what would really hurt in my opinion. Less weight=more fun!

Old 01-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
I would actually love for the weight to be down compared to the 996TT. I really could care less about hp, but a weight increase is what would really hurt in my opinion. Less weight=more fun!
I agree, power-to-weight ratio and torque across the rev range-to-weight is important-partly why I also am getting a Noble M400 (425bhp on a curb weight of only 2,300lb)-due in April.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
I agree, power-to-weight ratio and torque across the rev range-to-weight is important-partly why I also am getting a Noble M400 (425bhp on a curb weight of only 2,300lb)-due in April.
You have to let us know how the noble is. I am in love with that car! More fun than most supercars for a third of the price!

Old 01-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
You have to let us know how the noble is. I am in love with that car! More fun than most supercars for a third of the price!
I'll try to remember to post a "review."

Old 01-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Coochas will become famous soon enoughCoochas will become famous soon enough
The C&D article that just came out says 473 hp, 502 torque.
Woo Hoo.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:12 AM
franki68 is on a distinguished road
al pettee,good luck wit hyour noble,an awesome car,you wont find many cars that are faster or handle better and if you can get on a circuit you will have a awesome time.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:10 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
It sounds like it will be pretty awsome. The variable geometry turbos will make up for the sub-500 hp, since more torque and more hp will be available at lower RPM levels. The GT2 is expected to have 500+ hp when released. The GT3 - 400 hp.

Porsche saw the F430 as the benchmark, and it looks like they will equal or exceed that for a lot less money (although, for me, the F430 Spider is simply the best lloking car on the road -- bar none). The 997 is just beginning to develop as the "new Porsche."

Old 02-04-2006, 03:05 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Does it sound good? The new one will inevitably be heavier; perhaps to the point where any stage 1 996tt will mark it and stage 2 and above will pull on it.

Given the anticipated price delta between a new one and any used 996tt, I can't imagine there's gonna be the same demand as this car has enjoyed in the past.
the article and interview with the Porsche official said it was going to be quite a bit lighter. Sorry I don't have mag with me at work to give official numbers and name of Porsche official.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT hp #'s - 480, maybe 483hp