997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car doesn't want to come home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !
Car doesn't want to come home

hi, just wanted to share my continued quest for 170 in a half mile.. my car was the 997.2 that the fuel pump upgrade didn't work, ended back buying stock one. So everything was fine but i had to as recommended by mechanic lay off a little bit of the cobb tuning ( protuned) car was hitting up to 30psi and he told me it was way too much boost. So he tuned it with some European tuning but i don't have the ability to switch maps or anything... as the car lay on garage i saw oil dripping.. so back to mechanic and it was the valve joints or camshaft I'm not certain... so he fix it and now another code of the MAF... getting tired of the car spending more time in mechanic than at my hands.. car is 2011 w 23k miles on it.. hopefully this time the car is ready for event. And I'm thinking of going back to cobb as soon pdk tuning is ready...

Old 09-04-2017, 08:02 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Jose, sorry to hear all the trouble. What shop has your car out there and doing all the work? I suggest you find a reputable shop that will help with all the issues. Leaking oil is not a good sign after a job is done. Who tuned your car? My other suggestion is get a reputable tuner as well. Hope you nail down the issues once and for all.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !Jose Hernandez Is a GOD !
Well.. I'm using a good mechanic and the tuner is one of the best here.predator performance, heck mitch from cobb helped with my car! I think I'm running into tuning blues jeje.. it's frustrating because it's freaky expensive . And it's been one thing after another.. i have sam crazy with my silly questions but he's awesome

Old 09-05-2017, 01:14 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
I feel your pain brother. It's frustrating sometimes you seem to fix one thing for another issue to pop up, guess it's the nature of modified cars that are run at hard duty.

Last year my starter motor dies, changed it. Next week the pulley bolt backed off in a spirited drive, fixed it, then the hydraulic system started acting up with leaks and the slave started to go out, fixed both with new lines and a new AM slave. 2 weeks later after a track event one VTG turbo gave out in spectacular fashion, had some Alphas in hand so made the jump. 2 months in I find water in the oil system, meh, build time.

Time to catch a break I guess, Emre was in town as the build finished so had a custom dyno tune by the man himself. A few changes later the car runs great and is a pleasure to drive.

I also think the porsche tax will only get worse as oem parts go out of production in a few years.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:34 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jose Hernandez
Well.. I'm using a good mechanic and the tuner is one of the best here.predator performance, heck mitch from cobb helped with my car! I think I'm running into tuning blues jeje.. it's frustrating because it's freaky expensive . And it's been one thing after another.. i have sam crazy with my silly questions but he's awesome
Sounds like you have a lot of good people on your corner. Hopefully you fix all the issues and enjoy her soon.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Sorry for your dealing with that stuff Jose. You're never bothering me bud and I always appreciate when you just say hi. Hang in there. Omar is awesome!

Old 09-05-2017, 04:54 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Sounds like you've had a rough time of it. Keep your chin up, modding cars is always ups and downs. Getting everything working correctly at the same time and/or moving in the right direction is always harder than you'd think.

If it was easy everyone's car would be fast .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.