997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New 997 turbo owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Chin Park is an unknown quantity at this point
New 997 turbo owner

hello all
I have been following this forum for a few weeks now. I was originally a big bmw M car guy having multiple e39s and f13 m6s. But I wanted to get a “real” race car that teally connects me to the road so after doing much research and digging through the internet I was able to buy a 2007 turbo.

I look forward to increasing my knowledge on these wonderful cars and any advice you guys could give me going forward.
On to the pics

Old 09-20-2017, 11:12 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Looks great!

Time to lower it.

BTW, this forum will cost you a lot of money with its advice

Old 09-21-2017, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by elite1
Looks great!

Time to lower it.

BTW, this forum will cost you a lot of money with its advice

yeah I figured as much haha but with only 8900 miles Im debating to keep it stock or not.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Wow super low miles nice catch !! Gt Silver ?

Old 09-21-2017, 08:00 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Nice car and enjoy in good health. Looks like GT Silver to me

Old 09-22-2017, 03:46 AM
MIKe30 is on a distinguished road
Nice, congrats! Keep it stock as long as you can stand it, then slowly mod it OEM+ to keep it fresh to you. Nice find.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:25 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Super low miles and silver, congrats! If it is really a "time capsule" sort of car, I would lean towards keeping it stock-ish as well. However there are several very nice mods including exhaust which are easily reversible to 100% stock. Just be sure to get and store all the take-off parts. FWIW I believe the only mod I have done that's not easily reversible would be the .2 intercoolers, but no sane future buyer would want to take those off anyway...everything else is pure "bolt-on".

Old 09-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Thanks for all the compliments. I really see after driving it back home for 5 hours why porsche enthusiasts are talking about. The seats felt great even after long hours and the car just pulls and pulls while the turbo spooling is just intoxicating haha.

As far as mods go, I do want to put an exhaust that
1. Would not make any issues with emissions testing here in Georgia
2. That actually made some noise at start up.
I know to each his own but havin had a m6 competition package prior, the sound is a little subdued compared to others.

I know this issue has been talked to death and I jave looked through this forum as well as youtube channels and it seems like a lot of ppl are recommending either
europipe or fvd (ofcourse tubi and akra were popular as well). Im used to looking at quad tip exhaust so I would want something with that and I want to stay around 3k.

Anybody looking to sell theirs or have any suggestions please let me know thank.

Im also looking at an ecu tune. Something I could revert back to stock. I heard evoms does tcu tunes for tiptronics as well as giacusa. Anybody had any experiences with those?
I think faster shift times would be better in tip

Old 09-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Barbasharku is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on joining the P car family.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:41 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chin Park
Thanks for all the compliments. I really see after driving it back home for 5 hours why porsche enthusiasts are talking about. The seats felt great even after long hours and the car just pulls and pulls while the turbo spooling is just intoxicating haha.

I know to each his own but havin had a m6 competition package prior, the sound is a little subdued compared to others.

I know this issue has been talked to death and I jave looked through this forum as well as youtube channels and it seems like a lot of ppl are recommending either
europipe or fvd (ofcourse tubi and akra were popular as well). Im used to looking at quad tip exhaust so I would want something with that and I want to stay around 3k.
Anybody looking to sell theirs or have any suggestions please let me know thank.

Im also looking at an ecu tune. Something I could revert back to stock. I heard evoms does tcu tunes for tiptronics as well as giacusa. Anybody had any experiences with those?

If you are looking for a used exhaust I have a BBI 3" which I just replaced the catalytic converters this past June.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8525.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	513102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8502.JPG
Views:	1536
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	513103  
Old 09-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Lazu is on a distinguished road
Make sure you check out armytrix exhaust just had one installed on my 09 997.1tt that I picked you with 8,100 miles on it. It did not make it two month before the modding started.its the same color as your except for my red interior. It's currently in the body shop getting my deffuser,gt2 style wing and Gt3 rs fender flares.i also upgraded to the led tail lights and a roof wing. Next up will be my custom one off wheels and suspension. I have no plans for engine mods. Will post pics when I get the car back next week.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chin Park

Congrats on the new car! We have an awesome sounding exhaust with quad tips right within your price range. You may want to read our testimonials page for numerous comments/reviews. We also have video links on the 997TT web page.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 09-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Make sure you check out the armytrix it's a valvetronic exhaust with a remote to open and close the flaps. Therefor giving you the controle of being almost stock or letting all hell break lose.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Also it's in your price range.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Lazu
Make sure you check out armytrix exhaust just had one installed on my 09 997.1tt that I picked you with 8,100 miles on it. It did not make it two month before the modding started.its the same color as your except for my red interior. It's currently in the body shop getting my deffuser,gt2 style wing and Gt3 rs fender flares.i also upgraded to the led tail lights and a roof wing. Next up will be my custom one off wheels and suspension. I have no plans for engine mods. Will post pics when I get the car back next week.

You got a low mileage car as well? Very nice~!
I will check it out indeed
thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.