997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo with rebuilt engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 01:31 AM
SSSTRESSS is on a distinguished road
997 Turbo with rebuilt engine?

How much is a 2007 997 Turbo worth with a rebuilt engine and salvage title?
Original miles was 100k before engine rebuild. All damages have been professionally repaired and appears to be in good shape but still has salvage title.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SSSTRESSS
How much is a 2007 997 Turbo worth with a rebuilt engine and salvage title?
Original miles was 100k before engine rebuild. All damages have been professionally repaired and appears to be in good shape but still has salvage title.
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay...

I would put it 10-12K below a non salvage titled car with similar miles/options.

These engines are pretty bulletproof so having one already needing a rebuild at that mileage means it was likely driven pretty hard or poorly maintained and both are red flags for many potential owners. Also, keep in mind that when you go to sell, it will be much more difficult.

Last edited by Kricci; 09-21-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:28 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Was it rebuilt due to direct damage from the accident leading to the salvage? Or from some other issue? I would want to know exactly what was replaced i.e., did the car get hit so hard in the back it deformed the engine case or whatnot?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:57 AM
SSSTRESSS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by campbellcj
Was it rebuilt due to direct damage from the accident leading to the salvage? Or from some other issue? I would want to know exactly what was replaced i.e., did the car get hit so hard in the back it deformed the engine case or whatnot?
Yes, got hit hard the engine case was cracked. Car had high mileage so the owner decided to do full rebuild.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:37 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
If you do a Ppi and it all checks out at good I would say my max # would be 25k. At that number you could enjoy it and not get too hurt on the way out. SalvAge cars limit the number of people you are sell to when your ready.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:50 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JSF721
If you do a Ppi and it all checks out at good I would say my max # would be 25k. At that number you could enjoy it and not get too hurt on the way out. SalvAge cars limit the number of people you are sell to when your ready.
$25k for a 997 turbo? Even salvage that number is way low. You couldn't get just the shell for that price.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:17 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I agree...possibly the engine only or roller only for that kinda money...not a full drivable car... but I have never gone down this salvage title road before with any vehicle personally

Old 09-22-2017, 11:29 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I'd say about $10k less than the cheapest one you can find which seems to be around $55k so $45k would be the magic # & it will always be that way even when you go to sell it.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:48 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I'd never buy a salvage car personally. But if I were it would have to be dirt cheap. So cheap that if I was unhappy I could unload it quickly and easily with out getting hurt financially.

Originally Posted by Kricci
$25k for a 997 turbo? Even salvage that number is way low. You couldn't get just the shell for that price.
^^^ I agree...possibly the engine only or roller only for that kinda money...not a full drivable car... but I have never gone down this salvage title road before with any vehicle personally

Old 09-23-2017, 08:28 PM
I'd never buy a salvage car personally. But if I were it would have to be dirt cheap. So cheap that if I was unhappy I could unload it quickly and easily with out getting hurt financially.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:28 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
agreed...the motor alone is worth that much...

Old 09-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SSSTRESSS
Yes, got hit hard the engine case was cracked. Car had high mileage so the owner decided to do full rebuild.
That's a pretty severe hit. Almost certainly sheet metal was cut away and new sheet metal welded in, as in maybe the back end of the damaged car was cut off and a back end from from a car that had suffered severe front end damage was cut off the donor car and welded to this car.

Then there is the engine rebuild to consider. Who did the rebuild? What parts were used, etc.

My recommendation is to move on. This is not the car you are looking for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.