997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need some Cobb help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Need some Cobb help

It looks like PTF has gone MIA - I had a custom dynotune done with Dzenno. He's gotten really busy with BMW stuff and isn't touching the P stuff anymore.

I have a set of Champion 68s with ID1000 injectors and other associated mods. The file he gave me holds boost all the way up to near redline which is great for the street but on the few times I'm at the track I notice the intake temps climb pretty quickly. I was hoping to get a version of my tune with tapering boost up top. I doubt there would be much lost in terms of power and I'd rather see cooler intake temps while thrashing the car!

The car runs well but at idle there is still a little "hunting" and the needle takes a little while to settle at idle. Interestingly, it doesn't do it with the air conditioning on - maybe something to do with load? I don't know. Someone else suggested the MAFs. Thoughts appreciated.

If anyone knows who would be willing to modify my Cobb file (I assume it's unlocked) I'd appreciate it. I'll reach out directly to Cobb too....

Old 06-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Mitchy is a glorious beacon of lightMitchy is a glorious beacon of lightMitchy is a glorious beacon of lightMitchy is a glorious beacon of lightMitchy is a glorious beacon of light
I'm in the same boat.
Haven't tried to see if PTFs files were locked or not.
They were awesome to deal with before. But since going MIA it'll be great if we could have the tune and build on it.

Its a shame they focus so much time on the BMW scene.
Been thinking about swapping over to Sam.
Maybe when I get a few more mods.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:18 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
That's disappointing. They still need to support their customers. Have they just gone totally dark? What's going on?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Hello,

I can help you out as we also have some experience on tuning VTG cars at our National F1 track.

I assume your file is locked so we have to start from a base file.

Let me know if you are interested and need anything.

Cheers,
Emre

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 06-23-2017, 07:27 AM
austx911 will become famous soon enoughaustx911 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rix
That's disappointing. They still need to support their customers. Have they just gone totally dark? What's going on?
Cobb support is alive and well. Op said he would reach out. He didn't say he tried and got no response. Give them a chance to respond. Have you tried Sam@ByDesign?

Old 06-23-2017, 08:43 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I just heard from him and he's too busy to support the P platform and my needs. He suggested reaching out to Mitch at Cobb because Cobb themselves would be able to access the file but another tuner wouldn't be able to.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Hello,

I can help you out as we also have some experience on tuning VTG cars at our National F1 track.

I assume your file is locked so we have to start from a base file.

Let me know if you are interested and need anything.

Cheers,
Emre
Thanks Emre. I didn't really want to start from scratch again as it did take a while to get the 68vtgs dialed in but if I have to I'm glad to know you would be able to help out.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:38 PM
DOOBEE will become famous soon enoughDOOBEE will become famous soon enough
In the same boat as you Bogg! I gave up on Dzenno months ago. What is supposed to happen when your pro tuner goes awol? I didn't inquire and just paid Sam to take over.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:03 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by austx911
Cobb support is alive and well. Op said he would reach out. He didn't say he tried and got no response. Give them a chance to respond. Have you tried Sam@ByDesign?
Just to clarify I was talking about Dzenno/PTF. Cobb support has always been on point with Jon / Mitch as far as I know. Sam is great, when people ask me who to work with I always suggest Sam.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by DOOBEE
In the same boat as you Bogg! I gave up on Dzenno months ago. What is supposed to happen when your pro tuner goes awol? I didn't inquire and just paid Sam to take over.
Well darnit, eh. I wish I'd asked him for the modded files a couple of years ago before he got too busy but I never considered he would pull this move. Was Sam able to use the existing file or did you have to start from scratch?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi
Thanks for the kind words guys. Heading back from pikes Peak today and I'll be back at it tomorrow. Feel free to send me an email and I will take care of you. Unfortunately this has been happening a lot recently especially with fresh companies switching over to Porsche. They are quite aggressive when they start and then just don't follow through. We are all busy...including yourself so I don't think it's fair and I'll take that into consideration no worries.

Coming back with lots of new VTG data and testing!

Old 06-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks Sam, I will send you an email shortly. Heading off on vacation soon so it may be a little bit.

FWIW, Dzenno did email me and say he would support existing customers by looking at datalogs etc... but no custom tunes. I didn't start this thread to "shame" him; I was/am genuinely looking for help with my Cobb investment. I hope the existing file can be accessed as I don't want to start from scratch...

Old 06-28-2017, 03:50 AM
rix
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Thanks Sam, I will send you an email shortly. Heading off on vacation soon so it may be a little bit.

FWIW, Dzenno did email me and say he would support existing customers by looking at datalogs etc... but no custom tunes. I didn't start this thread to "shame" him; I was/am genuinely looking for help with my Cobb investment. I hope the existing file can be accessed as I don't want to start from scratch...
Well, I have the Cobb non-pro software and can manipulate my own tooning with it. The only difference between what I have and what he has is that his can do multiple VINs, mine can't. Dzenno can unlock his and send the file to you so you can get support elsewhere. Would take him like 10 minutes to do it.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:07 PM
I reached out to Mitch at Cobb and he offered to help me out with decrypting the file. I decided instead to contact Sam about remote tuning and probably starting from scratch.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Not meaning to dig at all I agree and mine was more of a blanket statement. Unfortunately some of us who have been here since the beginning get this a lot so it's a soft spot. Ready to help anytime.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.