997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Not too excited about my Fidelity Platinum warranty

Old 10-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Not too excited about my Fidelity Platinum warranty

For those of you who are interested in getting a warranty for your vehicle, i just thought i'd give you guys an update with my most current experience with my Fidelity Platinum warranty.

My car is currently in the shop now for the following reasons:

-Check engine light, trouble code P0456. It turns out it's the purge valve. Covered under warranty.
-Hood switch broken. Covered under warranty, though barely since my deductible is almost as much as the part and labor
-Front CV boots cracked but is NOT covered. Most warranties do in-fact cover the CV boot, so i was a little puzzled by this. Perhaps it was the guy at Porsche of Hawaii ripping me off with an unnecessary repair, i don't know. In hindsight, i should've asked for the old boots back.
-Inner door release mechanism snapped and it's NOT covered. Pulled the inner door release like normal, during initial pull, it could feel a jam, then i snapped. Also pretty puzzled by this.

And prior to this most recent visit, i had another repair done which involved replacing two serpentine belt rollers and the serpentine belt. That was covered.

As of right now, i'm not all that thrilled with Fidelity and wouldn't recommend it.

*Edit* I forgot to write, Fidelity would not cover my starter. It was cranking very very slow, sometimes requiring 10-12 turn overs. And sometimes it'll fall flat and not start at all. That's the declined item that pissed me off the most...

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 11-05-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Uess you have CPO. Most insurance will cover primarily drivetrain components. Electrical, steering racks, body and interior components are not. You need to read the coverage carefully before buying. When I purchased my car I bought SAL warranty for piece of mind knowing the reputation of the 997.1 drivetrain is solid.

For the money they want for policies now, I won't buy another plan. You can cover many repairs with $3-4k

Old 10-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jako
Uess you have CPO. Most insurance will cover primarily drivetrain components. Electrical, steering racks, body and interior components are not. You need to read the coverage carefully before buying. When I purchased my car I bought SAL warranty for piece of mind knowing the reputation of the 997.1 drivetrain is solid.

For the money they want for policies now, I won't buy another plan. You can cover many repairs with $3-4k
This is a warranty (AKA vehicle service contract), not insurance. Having been in the car dealership industry/finance department for almost 10 years, i can say that is not true. Most exclusionary vehicle service contracts do in-fact cover CV boots, electrical, steering racks, and inner door release mechanisms. It's actually pretty absurd you say a steering rack and electrical are not covered.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:28 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
I have Easycare and they have been great. Replaced both front cv boots no issues. Probably won't renew at the end of this period as cost getting way high. Hoping if my coolant pipes and spoiler Pistons are going to go they do it under this warranty period.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:42 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
I had my door latch mechanism covered by Fidelity recently.. no issues..

I just looked at the policy and it DOES exclude "Door Handles" but I'd argue this is not a door hande but a latching mechanism.

However it DOES exclude coverage for CV boots, so your dealer is not making that one up..

Old 10-30-2017, 05:07 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
I have the same warranty and had a bad CV boot. Not covered. It's considered wear and tear. Shocks aren't covered. Believe it or not seat belts aren't covered either. My driver's side gets stuck sometimes and I have to coax it back in when I get out of the car but sure enough, restraint systems aren't covered. But I'm not complaining. The warranty has already paid itself over 3x

Old 10-31-2017, 07:18 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I have the Fidelity Platinum on my '10 4S and have used it twice. Both times with no drama or problems. So far I have been happy. Sorry for your experiences.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:30 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
i've fidelity platinum coverage on 07boxsterS & 07TT- On 07Boxster S w >77kmiles- fidelity recently covered in March- steering rack, front motor mount, combi valve, front lower thrust arms & in May-a new torque converter in the Tip .

Old 11-03-2017, 02:24 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bgrpph
i've fidelity platinum coverage on 07boxsterS & 07TT- On 07Boxster S w >77kmiles- fidelity recently covered in March- steering rack, front motor mount, combi valve, front lower thrust arms & in May-a new torque converter in the Tip .
I had my transmission replaced on my tip but I've always been concerned about the torque converter. How much would that run if you didn't have the warranty? Just curious as mine will be up in April

Old 11-04-2017, 06:48 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
MK23- had it done at dealer - total $3780- included $175 xpedite shipping from germany- i paid this shipping cost & deductible only. these are Hawaii prices so parts prob can be had cheaper at suncoast/sunset etc- converter was close to $1600- other parts/filter/trans oil/seals, etc $400- labor $1850

Last edited by bgrpph; 11-04-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by bgrpph
MK23- had it done at dealer - total $3780- included $175 xpedite shipping from germany- i paid this shipping cost & deductible only. these are Hawaii prices so parts prob can be had cheaper at suncoast/sunset etc- converter was close to $1600- other parts/filter/trans oil/seals, etc $400- labor $1850
Thanks for the info! Wow, that's not cheap. But nothing on a Porsche is...

Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
You're confusing maintenance and warranty repairs. You need to educate yourself more before getting mad at them.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by s65e90
You're confusing maintenance and warranty repairs. You need to educate yourself more before getting mad at them.
The troll care to enlighten me?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.