997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Xonas on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 11:55 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Xonas on the way

They aren't the big boy Xonas that Rix and Anthony have on their cars, but they are based on the 3073 so should be pretty decent.

I have had my Champion 68s on the car for a couple of years now and no complaints at all. More than enough power for 99% of my needs. So why change them out? My engine has to come down yet again because a coolant hose burst. I'm going to get all of the hoses replaced, change water pump, plugs etc and I figured if I was spending all that cash why wasn't I seeing any performance improvements???? So the natural answer is to spend a bit more and get bigger turbos, lol.

I've been in touch with Sam who has been great to deal with as everyone has noted. I'm on stock engine and use pumpgas pretty much exclusively. I'm not expecting major improvements but I think there should be something gained in the higher rpm range and also at the track the intake temps should be lower with the new turbos that aren't causing so much backpressure. We shall see.

I've gone from stock to tuned to 63s to 68s and now Xonas. I WILL provide performance data from my car like I've done with each upgrade. I haven't found much data on pumpgas with these turbos probably because most buyers use either racegas, e85 or pump/meth. So for the rest of us stuck with pumpgas this data will be informative....

Old 11-30-2017, 01:08 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
uh oh...I might need to go Xonas now LOL.

There is some info online but not on the forum on pump gas, ~720whp with GT30s. I believe older GT3076 not sure, around 20psi.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:48 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
It's funny, I'm like a guinea pig in some ways. When I was looking at the 63s there was very little info on pumpgas. Then with the 68s performance data on pump gas was rarer than hens teeth. I made sure I posted pbox results every time I upgraded and I intend to do the same with the xonas on pumpgas.

What I hope for is just a little more oomph in the 100-200km/hr range because let's face it that's where I drive almost all of the time other than the annual track days. Hoping for more track days though next year at the big track near my house - Mosport, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park as it's now called.

The previous limit on my Champion 68s was rising iats above 200km/hr. They probably weren't a limiting factor when the weather was cold like thanksgiving when I'd do the annual charity track day but in warmer weather I suspect things would worsen.

I'm not planning on building the engine so I would tailor a tune to be gentle on the rods at the beginning and gradually turn it up in the higher rpms. If it can match the torque of the 68s around 4k rpm then that will be awesome. I don't have a lot of details about the part - perhaps Sam will chime in. I believe they will push close to 60lbs/min vs 47lbs/min that the Champion ones were rated for.

Besides, it's another mid-life decision, lol

Old 11-30-2017, 01:51 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
dunno if they have updated numbers, if I recall correctly, the 71mm was 54lbs/min, 73mm was 57lbs/min, and the 76mm was 61lbs/min.

Sam can give you updated numbers.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:01 PM
I think with the xona housing and htz wheels the 3073 is close to 60lbs/min but I'd ask Sam to confirm if it matters to you.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys. I am a VTG lover and the new stuff we have working quite well. That said bigger is most of the time better and the the Xona will move more air yes. The main thing is that it will do it more efficiently and the larger turbine opens up flow. This allows for more power running pump gas. About twice what you saw form a 63.5 to a 68 for example because it's a larger compressor yes but also a larger cover and turbine. You will feel this move for sure! I think the Maestro is next! (map send buddy)

Old 11-30-2017, 02:31 PM
Bogg the numbers I quoted you are Xona HTZ. Now they may be older. I don’t run in those circles enough to keep up.

Prodigy probably knows the latest.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:50 PM
MBA
MBA is on a distinguished road
I’m looking forward to the updates, I am considering everything for my next 997. Question about these turbos, what else did you need to do to run them with your setup? My last 997tt had hta3076 with headers and external wg’s, I’m looking for something more simple and was wondering is this could be a good option. Good luck with everything, can’t wait to see the results!

Old 11-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
HTZ are the latest

Old 11-30-2017, 03:38 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
BOgg

What r u doing with the 68’s ?

Old 11-30-2017, 04:05 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Good choice, be ready for some real power now ...

What boost control?

Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Awesome, can't wait to see what you guys do with them!

Are these a plug and play solution yet? Last I saw you still needed to fab oil/coolant lines, a diverter valve solution, and cat delete pipes. Any headway here?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:04 PM
y996t will become famous soon enoughy996t will become famous soon enough
THe xona turbos bolts right up, protomotive makes the line kit for the 997turbo for the turbos to work you just need a boost controller And diverter valves or blow off valves

Old 11-30-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm getting the Proto line kit, HKS EVC boost controller, Forge BOVs and already have cat deletes on there. I have the DO88 intakes on already and the big pack I/cs will go on when the turbos go in.

I'm having the BOVs welded onto the endtanks of the I/cs. I am a little nervous about this part but will post all about it when it's done.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by faiz
What r u doing with the 68’s ?
Throwing them a going away party...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.