Cobb 997.2 PDK Tuning is Up and Running Ya'll! - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > 997 Turbo / GT2
Reload this Page >

Cobb 997.2 PDK Tuning is Up and Running Ya'll!

Notices
997 Turbo / GT2 2006Ė2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Cobb 997.2 PDK Tuning is Up and Running Ya'll!

Old 12-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Cobb 997.2 PDK Tuning is Up and Running Ya'll!

Hey guys,

You all waited patiently. The team at Cobb have worked very hard to get this done before the end of the year and it's ready! It's been a pleasure to be a part of the Porsche PDK testing for both hardware and software in the 991 and 997.2. All I can tell you all is that it's pretty awesome!

Full details will be up soon. Enjoy faster, firmer shifts...Higher rpm and shift points...Better paddle response and more capacity without slip and much more including clutch re-learn to calibrate for optimal feel and performance while increasing longevity!

Some fast and fun cars are about to become faster and funner! Feel free to reach out for any help/support and to get it set up on your AP all via email!

OFFICIAL DATA...

COBB Accessport Now Available with PDK Tuning

The Porsche team here at COBB Tuning is extremely excited to announce the newest development of our Accessport for Porsche product line. PDK Tuning is now available for all currently supported 997.2 Turbo or Turbo S vehicles. Similar to our initial PDK Tuning release for 991.1 and 981 vehicles, this release offers users the ability to flash the factory PDK controller with COBB optimized Off The Shelf Map files.

PDK Off The Shelf Maps
Accessports with PDK Flashing enabled will have a variety of Off The Shelf Maps pre-loaded. Choose the best map for your driving style or switch to a more aggressive map for spirited driving sessions or your next HPDE. All OTS maps provided are designed to be used on an otherwise stock PDK transmission. Cars with upgraded clutch packs will require custom tuning which will be available with a future Accesstuner Pro release.
Simulated Stock
COBB Sport
COBB Aggressive
COBB High Torque Aggressive
COBB Sport, COBB Aggressive, and COBB High Torque Aggressive will offer the features below.
Increased Minimum Shift Points
Increased Shift Firmness
Increased Clutch Pressure
Minimized Continuous Clutch Slip
Decreased Shift Time
For all details please visit the PDK Map Notes Page.

Below are examples of shifting behavior when utilizing the COBB PDK OTS Maps and driving the car in Normal and Sport Modes. As you can see, the COBB PDK maps hold gears to a slightly higher RPM so the car remains in the meat of the power band for a bit longer.

When utilizing Sport Mode the minimum RPM is bumped a bit further, represented in the graph below.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Dedicated Customer Service Since 1998. - 310.600.1850 [email protected]

Last edited by [email protected]; 12-20-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-20-2017, 04:40 PM
TighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond repute
Sam,

Can this be used on a car that does not run COBB engine tuning?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Adam!

Currently it's being sold as a complete unit but you can install the TCU portion only with all the different settings. You would have a higher redline but one way or another myself or Tom could help you sort that out perhaps.

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Old 12-21-2017, 01:24 PM
TighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond reputeTighTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey Adam!

Currently it's being sold as a complete unit but you can install the TCU portion only with all the different settings. You would have a higher redline but one way or another myself or Tom could help you sort that out perhaps.

Shoot me some pricing.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:09 PM
ecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond repute
Woohoo, I love my PDK tune, completely transformed the car!
Thanks COBB and Sam

Old 12-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
Thanks COBB and Sam
What? No post it reenactment?
Cheers buddy!

Old 12-21-2017, 07:37 PM
Whosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the rough
Thanks COBB and Sam
How long have you had it? Are there any tidbits you can share specifically that havenít been provided? I would love to hear more details. It seems kind of expensive after one has already purchased the AP and a pro tune. I thought the upgrade for the other pdk models was less?

Old 12-22-2017, 12:55 PM
ecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond reputeecpChris has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Whosdady View Post
How long have you had it? Are there any tidbits you can share specifically that havenít been provided? I would love to hear more details. It seems kind of expensive after one has already purchased the AP and a pro tune. I thought the upgrade for the other pdk models was less?
A lot of R&D went into it, literally months. It transforms the .2 PDK from a slushbox to a scalpel. I understand your train of thought, but the PDK tune is comprehensive in and of itself. Feel free to ask any questions you may have

Old 12-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Whosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the rough
A lot of R&D went into it, literally months. It transforms the .2 PDK from a slushbox to a scalpel. I understand your train of thought, but the PDK tune is comprehensive in and of itself. Feel free to ask any questions you may have
Iíd like to know how long you have had it? Is the pdk tuning as noticeable as the hp/tq tuning by Cobb? I realize it just came out, but I would have expected more reviews from the beta testers. For example my car shifts as quick/hard as it did with the stock pdk tuning using the paddles. Or I was able to shave a tenth off my 1/4 time with the pdk tuning.Iím just asking for the same kind of stuff that was provided when Cobb came out with the AP to increase hp/tq. Many people consider the pdk to be one of the best transmissions ever made. Few people would say it feels like a slush box. But if it really transforms the car that much, I would love to hear the details...

Old 12-27-2017, 12:35 AM
GARY J is on a distinguished road
I'm interested. This unit is just for the PDK, or will it also tune the engine?

Old 12-27-2017, 12:53 PM
997TT1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work on the transmission. The PDK cars are just going to get faster and faster now. I don't think I saw it listed...do you have a launch control RPM controller in there was as well so a tuner can customize the launch control? Just curious.

Also, I know it's an aged platform and there is probably very little interest in modifying it, but anything from Cobb on the Tiptronic transmission? I have your Accessport for my 997.1TT and love the OTS tune. It would be great if I could get the transmission flashed for the Tiptronic as well. Thanks guys.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by GARY J View Post
I'm interested. This unit is just for the PDK, or will it also tune the engine?
Yes for now it's sold as an add-on or as a pairing. You can install either one or both though.

Originally Posted by 997TT1911 View Post
Nice work on the transmission. The PDK cars are just going to get faster and faster now. I don't think I saw it listed...do you have a launch control RPM controller in there was as well so a tuner can customize the launch control? Just curious.

Also, I know it's an aged platform and there is probably very little interest in modifying it, but anything from Cobb on the Tiptronic transmission? I have your Accessport for my 997.1TT and love the OTS tune. It would be great if I could get the transmission flashed for the Tiptronic as well. Thanks guys.
We have played with different launch settings. It is set-up for optimal performance. Launch boost can be manipulated though.

No plans for AP Tip tuning at the time but I do have it available if I can be of any help here.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:15 PM
Brettg06878 will become famous soon enoughBrettg06878 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Whosdady View Post
Iíd like to know how long you have had it? Is the pdk tuning as noticeable as the hp/tq tuning by Cobb? I realize it just came out, but I would have expected more reviews from the beta testers. For example my car shifts as quick/hard as it did with the stock pdk tuning using the paddles. Or I was able to shave a tenth off my 1/4 time with the pdk tuning.Iím just asking for the same kind of stuff that was provided when Cobb came out with the AP to increase hp/tq. Many people consider the pdk to be one of the best transmissions ever made. Few people would say it feels like a slush box. But if it really transforms the car that much, I would love to hear the details...
+1 - Iíve never heard a PDK referenced as a slush box- interested in knowing from those who have tested / purchased.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:17 AM
If you have the Cobb pdk tuning, please post your review. Iíd like to know if the $700 is worth it? There is a lot of excitement but I havenít seen any detailed reviews...

Old 12-28-2017, 09:33 AM
PDK isn't a slushbox but I can see how my reference was taken out of context. The 997.2 PDK tuning made such a difference it transformed the shifting to be a noticeable improvement over stock. Shifts are quicker and more firm/engaging. I'm not sure how else to review the tuning other than it is a noticeable difference in shift speed and engagement. Something else I appreciate is the slip from a stop is eliminated so that as soon as you accelerate it grabs, whereas stock would be lazy to engage unless punching it in sport +
PDK tuning also enables the stock clutches to hold more power when set to that map, but that is not a benefit for everyone.