997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Mods please delete entire thread. Thanks so much!

Last edited by triblk6spd; 07-31-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Wow...Sorry to hear about your plight. This really sucks, and I feel for you. Sounds like you should have lubed up before taking it like this. Glad you got your issues straight, but this sounds like a nightmare. You are actually being a lot more docile and respectful than I would be....

I hope it keeps running issue free for a while...Sounds like you deserve it!

Take care and good luck!

DC

Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Wow that sucks & is often the case with some companies that only care about the original sale ,even though they gave you the in the family routine when you asked about the car they had built,i seem to remember original owner having issue's with car as well.So after the $22k bill & what you pay your indy shop to get it running is that still within the amount you negotiated off the selling price.Good luck from here on out once it's sorted you'll have fun it's a beauty i've seen it many times when it lived in SoCal.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold
This is the type of thing that drives me crazy! Customer service has taken a back seat to profits but anyone in the service industry should know that this type of service will end up costing more money then you made by screwing someone in the short run.

Thank you for sharing your experience and doing it so respectfully! It's good for us to read this and think carefully about what shops will work on our cars in the future. I wish you nothing but good times with your TT. BTW, I saw your car while it was at CATS, she is a beauty!!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:46 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Normally I wouldn't post in a thread like this, but the only way these types of things do any good is if the vendor realizes they lost money - I was planning on purchasing a clutch, and coils from EVOMS in the next week. I will certainly be taking my business elsewhere.

I hope this works out as well as it can for you.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, just an awful experience. I feel sick just reading this. This wasn't bad customer service, this could be perceived as straight up thievery.

I hope you have a good lawyer, because you potentially have a strong suit including significant damages for mental anguish and suffering.

Please let us know how thing unfolds. And I very much look forward to EVO responding to this thread and explaining their perspective

Art

Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
What a nightmare = EVOMS ,if you have done all of this work at a local Porsche service it would probably cost the same and you would have a service warranty for work performed. It looks like with them you've got nothing.
your car looks amazing
Best of lack

Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I PM'd them a few days ago as an FYI that a member here was unhappy. I know both Robert has been online, and someone from EVOMS accessed their account today. But no one has responded.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
I PM'd them a few days ago as an FYI that a member here was unhappy. I know both Robert has been online, and someone from EVOMS accessed their account today. But no one has responded.
Hopefully this site can help reconcile this issue. As they say it can take a lifetime to build trust and just 1 second to destroy it.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:57 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
I had a similar issue like this with redline speedworx. I was quoted a price. When I got it parts were missing and broke. Was quoted a price jump up with any form of heads and took an extra 3 weeks. Car didn't run good after I got it back and had to take it to another shop to fix. And the best part was they said they should of charge me even more lol.

I tried buying evoms inlet piping. Left numerous call and messages. Spoke to a lady there a few times and they said they'd call me back. Still waiting for a phone call. I don't understand how some shops stay in business today.

Last edited by greekc6; 06-13-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
WOW! So sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about this. I can understand your frustration based on your post. However, there are always two sides to every story. FWIW, the guys at Evoms have done right by me on several of my cars but I know sometimes issues can come up in the course of business.

Your car is uber badass, regardless.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Update: Its 11:30pm my time and 9:30pm AZ time... I just got off the phone w Matthew (sales guy) and he was truly concerned about my situation and wanted to know what HE could do to help. Since he wasnt made aware of my email to Robert I read it to him. I asked Matthew to please get with the higher ups within his company and help reslove this for me. I truly believe Matthew is a stand up guy who basicly does what his superiors ask of him. I believe him when he says he will be at work tomorrow doing his best to better my situation. I look forward to him getting back to me.

medici...thanks for the compliment. And you are absolutely correct about, "two sides to every story".... I tried to share my expierence without making judgments about them as a company. I shared MY expierence...not expierences I "heard" others had. Also based on your outrageous signature....Id try to make you a happy customer as well. Maybe I am just a small fish in a big pond.....who knows?

Last edited by triblk6spd; 06-13-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
I have been silently watching this and your other thread and wondering how long it would take them to manage damage control.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 PM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
I truly believe Matthew is a stand up guy who basicly does what his superiors ask of him.
I agree with this- Matthew has always taken excellent care of me (insomuch as it was in his power to do so). From the first time I contacted him his service has been nothing short of excellent. And I'm sort of in the same boat as Justin - after getting my car back from EVOMS it shortly developed problems that rendered it undrivable. It's a bad feeling to get your car back expecting it to be ready to go and then discovering it needs another few thousand dollars of work (but so far I'm only out half of what Justin is )

For the record I hope you're able to work something out with EVOMS.

Last edited by UTPorsche; 06-13-2013 at 11:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*