997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

5 bar fuel regulator need details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 06:34 PM
wkp42 is an unknown quantity at this point
5 bar fuel regulator need details

So after doing a Dyno run I found out my car must have a tune. It has no bolt one but has 505 at wheels on a mustang Dyno (620+ at crank) 132 trap speed in 1/4 mile. Someone said I could easily get more power by putting a 5 bar fuel pressure regulator (if I listened properly to their wording). Is this a quick way to add HP? Are there any other little tricks that add HP like this? Is the 5 bar regulator a legit gain? Is it expensive labor to switch it out?

Old 12-16-2017, 12:48 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
If you were near your fuel capacity & got a re-tune for the 5BAR (ie more boost/timing/more octane if needed etc) then yes....but by itself NO. If you even put the 5BAR in you most likely might need a new tune for the extra fuel you have now introduced to the mix, EVEN if it didn't add anymore power.

No it is not hard to install the FPR.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:27 AM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
I don't see how you could make those figures with the original injectors/fpr.

So i would assume either bigger injectors or a fpr are already fitted.
Should be possible to see in the tune.

So i would first start of with figuring out exactly what has been done by the previous owner.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
The right way to do things is to install upgraded injectors and an upgraded fuel pump if needed.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:00 AM
wkp42 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to?

Originally Posted by Ronny-
I don't see how you could make those figures with the original injectors/fpr.

So i would assume either bigger injectors or a fpr are already fitted.
Should be possible to see in the tune.

So i would first start of with figuring out exactly what has been done by the previous owner.
Is there a way to search with tuners by the vin?