997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New vendor wishing to say hello!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor
DriverSource has a spectacular aura aboutDriverSource has a spectacular aura aboutDriverSource has a spectacular aura about
New vendor wishing to say hello!

Hello everyone!

Forgive me for being new to forums but I am happy to say that DriverSource, located in Houston, TX is now a vendor with 6SpeedOnline! I also wanted to let everyone know about a couple things we have going and that we have been working on. First, we have a new website for parts sales, www.driversourceparts.com, that currently has parts for Porsche vehicles from 1999 - 2012. My apologies the range isn't bigger as the site is still in it's infancy, but we will be adding steadily over the coming weeks and months so please continue to check back.

Second, is that I am pleased and fortunate to announce the Porsche Billet Triple-Carbon Clutch by RPS Performance Products. Having worked extensively with RPS over the last few years we have developed a carbon-carbon clutch for Porsche 993T/996T/997.1t/GT3 that works in all situations and offers drivability and performance that can't be matched for the price. A little "press release is below", please feel free to visit our website, www.driversourceparts.com, or DM me for any details you may need. Clutches are in stock and are being offered at a discounted price from now through April 17th.

NEW TO MARKET!
DriverSource in Houston, Texas is proud to announce our new, Porsche Billet Triple Carbon Clutch by RPS Performance Products. This is a new design, true Carbon-Carbon clutch that will fit any 993, 996, and 997.1 Porsche Turbo model. Clutch includes Steel Flywheel and all hardware and instructions for installation. Note that it requires use of the short release bearing sleeve on the transmission (available separately).

This clutch is, simply put, the best clutch for holding big power and offering excellent drivability. Smooth engagement and gentle on drivetrain components yet able to hold 1500 ft/lbs of torque, there is nothing on the market that can even come close for the price. Weighing right at 30lbs complete, it is significantly lighter than the OEM dual-mass setup (~47lbs) yet still heavy enough to allow for driving in stop-go traffic without looking like an amateur behind the wheel. There is no shimming required with wear in this clutch unlike some other Carbon-Carbon clutches on the market so you do not need to worry about removing the transmission every 1500-2000 miles to shim your pressure plate for proper engagement. It is also fully rebuildable.

Pedal pressure is comparable to stock and the clutch can be used with either the stock hydraulic assist system or the GT2 style slave cylinder conversion. We recommend using a GT2 style slave conversion for the best feel and consistency when driving but we’re happy to offer recommendations based on your setup. Please visit www.driversourceparts.com to purchase!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch-1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	522260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch-2-1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	604.4 KB
ID:	522261  
Old 03-17-2018, 07:46 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6speed guys! what's the cost of this clutch and the short release bearing sleeve?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:45 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Please do not post pricing in open forums or I will have to move your thread to the vendor area. Use private or visitor messaging.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-17-2018 at 10:56 PM.